The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I know looking back is fruitless...but I cannot believe the crap luck with the injuries (especially how) and when to Stroman and Saunders. These are the positions we still most need. Damn. Personally I wouldnt give up on prime pitching prospects for a questionable rental. I still cringe at the Syndergaard give up for Dickey. Nothing new but NL pitchers tend not to be able to handle a good AL lineup especially the first year or two (with designated hitter).
    Price or Samardzija would be the guys I'd give some real consideration to as far as top of the line starters are concerned. Not sure if we could re-sign either(not bloody likely), but I wouldn't be mad if the price(no pun) wasn't astronomical.

Buehrle is a FA after the season, I really want to keep that guy around. Dickey has put together a good number of quality start recently as well, so that's good heading into the dog days of August.

Comment

• No Cueto for the Jays, he's off to KC for prospects. The Jays gotta either go big or hope that their young pitchers become major league quality next year. Ugh.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        No Cueto for the Jays, he's off to KC for prospects. The Jays gotta either go big or hope that their young pitchers become major league quality next year. Ugh.
        Mike Leake could be had at for a small bit. Reds really wanna blow it up.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• So we traded oft-injured SS Reyes plus Castro for oft-injured SS Tulo and 42 year old Hawkins? .........

I dunno. I hope Troy makes a huge difference at the plate and the field. Giving up Castro is tough. Im going to the game tonight, doubt Tulo makes it but I'd love to see his debut!

Comment

• We Need a fucking pitcher and we trade for more offense

WHAT THE HELL!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              We Need a fucking pitcher and we trade for more offense

WHAT THE HELL!
              Correction - more righty offense. At least fans won't have to watch Reyes pretend to play short anymore

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Correction - more righty offense. At least fans won't have to watch Reyes pretend to play short anymore
                Correction - best shortstop in baseball. Jays now have 4 guys who are arguably the top players (or right near the top) at their position: Bautista, Martin, Donaldson and Tulo. Wow.

Hoffman's a decent piece going the other way but both him and Castro are lottery tickets at this point and the Jays still have Stroman, Norris, Sanchez, Osuna and Hutchison at or close to the MLB level, plus, they still have a pile of pitching prospects in the lower minors.

Also, don't forget Hawkins. He's been really good this year and gives them a solid righty out of the pen. So, that's good.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Correction - best shortstop in baseball. Jays now have 4 guys who are arguably the top players (or right near the top) at their position: Bautista, Martin, Donaldson and Tulo. Wow.

Hoffman's a decent piece going the other way but both him and Castro are lottery tickets at this point and the Jays still have Stroman, Norris, Sanchez, Osuna and Hutchison at or close to the MLB level, plus, they still have a pile of pitching prospects in the lower minors.

Also, don't forget Hawkins. He's been really good this year and gives them a solid righty out of the pen. So, that's good.
                  The scouting staff must be doing their job because there seems to be an endless supply of young arms to deal for established guys on the wrong side of 30. Seems like they're never a player in free agency, they let other teams sign guys then trade for them so they have no choice lol.

Everybodys obsessing over pitching but the only object is to have more runs then the other team after 9 innings, and the jays are a better team than they were yesterday, and will also make for a better team next year.

Is tulo expected to hit leadoff with TO or will someone like travis or pillar move up? Eitther way, jose, donaldson, tulo, edwin and martin as your 5 best hitters is the best group of 5 in mlb in recent memory..
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wilner said he expects it to be Travis, JD, Jose, Edwin, Troy. I love that lineup! Martin, CC, Pillar, Smoak, Carrera, Goins will fill out the rest.

Still don't fully understand the move, but I was the same way on the Donaldson deal and that worked out great so far. There's talk about a trade with SD for Kimbrel, which would be great since he's still only 27, but I'd prefer a starter no question. I still want them to get Samardzija without trading more than 1 or 2 of the arms slaw mentioned. Just don't give up the Stro-show.

Comment

Wilner said he expects it to be Travis, JD, Jose, Edwin, Troy. I love that lineup! Martin, CC, Pillar, Smoak, Carrera, Goins will fill out the rest.

Still don't fully understand the move, but I was the same way on the Donaldson deal and that worked out great so far. There's talk about a trade with SD for Kimbrel, which would be great since he's still only 27, but I'd prefer a starter no question. I still want them to get Samardzija without trading more than 1 or 2 of the arms slaw mentioned. Just don't give up the Stro-show.
                      What's crazy is that the Jays got Tulo for arguably less than what the Royals paid for Cueto. That's insane.

Why confused? They traded for the best shortstop in baseball and in doing so moved a rapidly declining player in Reyes without giving up any of their MLB ready arms. Is Tulo on the wrong side of 30? Sure. Is he declining? Sure. But he is still really, really fucking good and his bat will play far longer than Reyes' wonky hamstrings.

Sure there's risk to a trade like this but you don't get something without giving something up.

There's also a lesson in here for the Raptors, though, it's obviously much, much harder to work these kinds of deals in the NBA.

Comment

• It is quite extraordinary that AA sticks to the script..."if the Jays are associated with a named player in a trade it is most likely not to happen" ....I paraphrase.

Lost in the deal is that all of batting lineup effectively get better....there seems to be no one to pitch around. Choose your poison....and good as his numbers are TT's production could go higher with the hitters surrounding him (unlike in COL). This should be fun...fingers x-ed on injuries.

Wonder if EE or JB gets traded for pitching.

Comment

Wilner said he expects it to be Travis, JD, Jose, Edwin, Troy. I love that lineup! Martin, CC, Pillar, Smoak, Carrera, Goins will fill out the rest.

Why would troy hit behind edwin who doesn't hit for contact at all, I much prefer travis-tulo-donaldson-bautista-encarnacion-martin. Someone is always scoring in that 2 inning stretch. But hey gibbons is a half notch better than casey so I'm not surprised

Comment

It is quite extraordinary that AA sticks to the script..."if the Jays are associated with a named player in a trade it is most likely not to happen" ....I paraphrase.

Lost in the deal is that all of batting lineup effectively get better....there seems to be no one to pitch around. Choose your poison....and good as his numbers are TT's production could go higher with the hitters surrounding him (unlike in COL). This should be fun...fingers x-ed on injuries.

EE espcially but also joey have zero value to sellers. EE would be a good fit in tampa bay but we won't help each other

Comment

It is quite extraordinary that AA sticks to the script..."if the Jays are associated with a named player in a trade it is most likely not to happen" ....I paraphrase.

AA won't ask EE to waive his 10 and 5 rights. EE isn't going anywhere. No one off the active roster is being moved. They are trying to win now. You don't weaken your lineup to make a run.

If they trade for a starter it will be MLB ready prospects going the other way, which likely means Norris and Pompey, along with one of the younger arms.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                AA won't ask EE to waive his 10 and 5 rights. EE isn't going anywhere. No one off the active roster is being moved. They are trying to win now. You don't weaken your lineup to make a run.

If they trade for a starter it will be MLB ready prospects going the other way, which likely means Norris and Pompey, along with one of the younger arms.
                                What's the Jays' outfield look like in terms of prospects if Pompey is traded?

It'd be nice if they got pitching, but at this point, is it worth it to keep trading away young prospects to try and address that issue as well? If they want to make a run, you're absolutely right and they can't really trade any of their active guys. But is it worth it just to try and outhit teams this season, and hope by next year Stroman, Sanchez and Norris stay healthy and develop as hoped?

I really like this move though. Wasn't liking Reyes too much since he got here. Didn't really seem to fit in as hoped. Get a great player who, if healthy, will be one of the top players at his position for a ton more seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X