No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Wildcard they need to win the division. Clear win for AA if they can also lock Price up off season. Melky would have looked good in this lineup, but I digress

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Wow. Jays have to make the playoffs now. They're only 2 games out.
      And minnesota is fading fast. Divisison is not over yet either. 7 back with 13 games against the yanks still, which means if the jays could somehow go 10-3 or 9-4 in those games, were essentially right with them.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not only are the jays in the thick of the wildcard hunt, but Pineda is done for the season and it looks like Nova is as well. The Jays could very well take the division.

don't forget about Hawkins either, who'll help stabilize the bullpen.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Amazing. Price was probably the only "rental" worth giving up Norris for. Just thinking ahead, I hope AA at least got an understanding that Price would not dismiss out-of-hand the possibility of signing with the Jays in free agency (money being equal).

This has been a great summer for TO sports fans...the Raptors had a fairly good off season, the Jays front office is going nuts and even the doormat Leafs have done some very unique/high quality building of their f/o. Not to forget the coming of DeGrasse in the Panam games!

Comment

• Well, with Price's arrival, it's time to get excited - not time to pick this apart. Sure, we've sent six young pitchers out the door .... but ... I'm just going to hope AA knows what he has in the system. And cross my fingers for a summer - and a fall - to remember. GO JAYS!

Comment

• Holy Shit.

That is all. This is awesome.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Well, with Price's arrival, it's time to get excited - not time to pick this apart. Sure, we've sent six young pitchers out the door .... but ... I'm just going to hope AA knows what he has in the system. And cross my fingers for a summer - and a fall - to remember. GO JAYS!
                They've got lots of good arms left. Reid-Foley, Harris, Tirado. And that's leaving aside Sanchez, Hutch, Osuna, Stroman.

Also, the farm can be rebuilt. Last year at this time, Norris was 2-3 years away, no one had heard of Matt Boyd or Osuna was a teenager learning to pitch. Things move forward....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  They've got lots of good arms left. Reid-Foley, Harris, Tirado. And that's leaving aside Sanchez, Hutch, Osuna, Stroman.

Also, the farm can be rebuilt. Last year at this time, Norris was 2-3 years away, no one had heard of Matt Boyd or Osuna was a teenager learning to pitch. Things move forward....
                  Well, I'm an AA guy. He's sharp, handles himself well and with dignity and humility, can be patient at times, but can get deals done. And so young ... I think we're lucky to have him. So - how exciting! And I'm SURE he has a plan going forward ... I think ...

Comment

• What if we lose the WC game and Price walks.......
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      What if we lose the WC game and Price walks.......
                      Then he got us to the WC game. What if everybody gets hurt? What if we make it to the next round and get swept? You could what if all day, he gave us a huge opportunity to go all in

Comment

• With Beeston departing end of season I wonder if Leiweke can take over his spot. That would be a great one-two punch with AA. I suppose it depends how his relationship is with the Rogers execs. And he doesnt need to stick around here in the winter

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          With Beeston departing end of season I wonder if Leiweke can take over his spot. That would be a great one-two punch with AA. I suppose it depends how his relationship is with the Rogers execs. And he doesnt need to stick around here in the winter
                          Isn't Lieweke leaving Toronto

Comment

• I could honestly see Price staying in Toronto. Toronto has a GREAT history of Quality Pitchers coming through these doors and winning Cy Youngs here. Not to mention, I don't think Rogers will skimp when it comes to resigning Price either. That's a huge marketing ploy to dish out a few hundred million dollars of good will into the city.

Comment

• Was just talking to a guy in my building who works for the Jays, and he's saying there's another move coming tomorrow... we'll see!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Isn't Lieweke leaving Toronto
                                Last week (I believe) it was announced by MLSE he was going to be here another year...as they havent found a replacement and obviously he hasnt found anything either.

Comment

Working...
                                X