The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Not that surprised. The Blue Jays IMO are the only team in Toronto that can challenge the Leafs when it comes to sports superiority in Toronto.
    I think you under-estimate how central a place basketball plays in North American culture. The nba does a good job of promoting itself, among young and new fans, but it has opportunities to do so Hockey doesn't.

And it's a great sport. (But so is hockey, no doubt. But Toronto is a growing, diverse and affluent city ... we can support any sport. Even curling ... which I also like.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      I think you under-estimate how central a place basketball plays in North American culture. The nba does a good job of promoting itself, among young and new fans, but it has opportunities to do so Hockey doesn't.

And it's a great sport. (But so is hockey, no doubt. But Toronto is a growing, diverse and affluent city ... we can support any sport. Even curling ... which I also like.
      Nope Hockey sucks. Particularly around the GTA

Comment

• Really impressed with Price. I'm really glad we picked him up to improve our starting pitching. The Jays always have had pitching issues throughout the years, which has prevented us from winning too many games to count.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Woo overtime win!! 1.5 lead reclaimed.

Comment

• Josh Donaldson is Toronto's new Vince Carter. This guy is just AMAZING. #MVP
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yes, Donaldson has been all we could have hoped for. Seems he's gonna thrill us for years.

But I'm particularly excited by the possibility of seeing a few older guys like Joey Bats and Ronald Allen Dickey finally have a chance to do their thing in the playoffs. It's not just about talent with them. I could go on and on talking about the hurdles they've overcome in the big leagues and in Blue Jays uniforms. But suffice it to say that they've certainly earned their shot and it's been a long time coming. It must mean a great deal to them.

(For any older guys out there, I might share that I used to watch a show called "ABC's Wide World of Sports" which had a dramatic intro highlighting accomplishments, as well as spectacular falls and crashes underscoring the human drama of sport - "The thrill of victory and the Agony of defeat", as they put it.)

Cheers and luck to Joey, Dickey, Josh, Marcus, Osuna and the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AZH4FeGsc
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Sep 9, 2015, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Hutchison is the Terrence Ross of the Blue Jays. Brutal.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Hutchison is the Terrence Ross of the Blue Jays. Brutal.
                  Hutch with an ERA over 18 in Fenway. In any other Park but Rogers its over 9. 13-4 record. 😮

Comment

• Jayz vs Yankz tonight @ 7ish. Gonna be a good one!
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                      Jayz vs Yankz tonight @ 7ish. Gonna be a good one!
                      Rained out. Epic weekend coming and the Double Header help the Jays. Almost always a split

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Hutch with an ERA over 18 in Fenway. In any other Park but Rogers its over 9. 13-4 record. 😮
                        It's actually unbelievable, given that Skydome is a hitters park. If my mind serves me correct, he was the exact opposite last year, in regards to winning on road/losing at home. Stroman needs to perform so that there's no hesitation in going back to Hutch. I'm good with him chuckin' at home, but he better not get another start on the road. Things need to shore up before playoffs, and Stroman is coming back at just the right time. I just hope he's up for the challenge.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          It's actually unbelievable, given that Skydome is a hitters park. If my mind serves me correct, he was the exact opposite last year, in regards to winning on road/losing at home. Stroman needs to perform so that there's no hesitation in going back to Hutch. I'm good with him chuckin' at home, but he better not get another start on the road. Things need to shore up before playoffs, and Stroman is coming back at just the right time. I just hope he's up for the challenge.
                          wonder if its because of the really slow turf but he hasnt looked really good at home lately with the better defense

Comment

• Revere hit a home run! Hahaha
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 3.5 game lead! Woop! Chance to stretch that to 4.5 in the second game of the back-to-back.

Comment

• Anyone have a link to the Jays/Yankees game? The sites I usually use don't have it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X