The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Bautista's Arm doesn't get enough credit ... DAMN:

BIG win tonight. The lead grows!

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        That was pretty catchy! .. Only in Toronto would we make a song for finally being in 1st. Haha

Comment

• Holy shit what a game!!! i'll remember that HR for the rest of my life!

What about my boy Stroman? unreal. Cold blooded!!!
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So according to MLB.com, we actually clinched a playoff spot last night!! Its a weird technical clinch, but still, we're going to the PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Heading into Saturday's game against the Rays, it initially appeared that the Blue Jays -- who currently lead the Yankees by four games in the American League East -- had a magic number of one to clinch a postseason spot. However, the remaining schedule shows that Toronto is already guaranteed a trip to the playoffs.

The Astros and Angels, two of the main competitors for the second AL Wild Card berth, each entered play on Saturday with 74 losses, which would trigger a three-way tie with Toronto in their best-case scenario. But if Houston and Los Angeles win out, that would mean six additional losses for Texas.

In that scenario, the Rangers would finish no better than 87-75 -- or one game behind the Blue Jays if Toronto would lose their remaining games. If Texas can win one of its six games against the Astros or Angels, that would mean Houston or Los Angeles can't finish with a record better than 87-75.

The complex nature of Toronto's clinch made the moment rather anti-climactic, but it's also rather fitting, because the Blue Jays never intended on celebrating this moment. For Toronto, the goal all along has been to win the AL East.

Source

Comment

• Playoffs!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Playoffs! And if Price can shut it down now we'll win another series!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Jays are killin' it! And Bautista is a beast! 2 bombs tonight! No pitcher is safe.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• If Kansas City loses Jays are first in the AL
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      If Kansas City loses Jays are first in the AL
                      You are correct. To be clear they would be tied in the W-L but get first place by virtue of their head to head record.

Comment

• Recommend people go check out Sportsnets set of Interviews of the guys in the Clubhouse during the party/celebration. There's a lot of them, and ALOT of fun to watch. Start with Price and just let it play:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ow_ids=1617657

Comment

• Wow, watching that Donaldson walk off Homerun gave me chills ... we are witnessing something special here gentlemen. Pretty sure he just won the MVP today.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Wow, watching that Donaldson walk off Homerun gave me chills ... we are witnessing something special here gentlemen. Pretty sure he just won the MVP today.
                            That was amazing....and the crowds have been tremendous with their cheering. What an atmosphere! So much for staid Toronto sports fans.

Comment

• There shouldn't even be a debate about this anymore. Donaldson = MVP.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The moment Ben Revere tried to throw water on Josh Donaldson and got it all over himself instead ...
                                Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X