The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Well apparently AA rejected an offer to stay on as GM.
    And apparently it wasn't financially motivated.. I could see this as just two guys butting heads?

Pretty shocking though.

Now I'm wondering what Shapiro does with Gibbons .. I hope Gibby stays on though.
    AA wasn't going to be allowed to have final say on the team. That's what its about.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Not terribly shocked. Same thing happened in Boston. I'm not terribly concerned but the optics are bad and if the offseason goes poorly all the mouth breathers will be up in arms.
      +1
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Not terribly shocked. Same thing happened in Boston. I'm not terribly concerned but the optics are bad and if the offseason goes poorly all the mouth breathers will be up in arms.
        True...but they pooped the season unlike over here. The writing was on the wall with Cherington which is why Dombrowski was brought in. I will concede that in some ways it was similar here at through the first 3-4 mos. but then with the moves the team caught fire....but the hire (and promises to Shapiro) were already made. Timing.

Comment

• Guys, Shapiro likes to have prospects. A LOT. In fact, he'll take prospects that are MLB ready and trade em for more prospects.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Guys, Shapiro likes to have prospects. A LOT. In fact, he'll take prospects that are MLB ready and trade em for more prospects.
            That's why the Indians have been dominating baseball for years. Always one step away.

Not an AA fan, happy he's gone

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Guys, Shapiro likes to have prospects. A LOT. In fact, take prospects that are MLB ready and trade em for more prospects.
              If this fucking guy blows it up to re-build...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                If this fucking guy blows it up to re-build...
                He can't everybody has no-trade clauses.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  That's why the Indians have been dominating baseball for years. Always one step away.

Not an AA fan, happy he's gone
                  Under Shapiro they won 2 Division Titles and a Wildcard birth .. in 15 years. I wouldn't call that dominating. Unless you were being sarcastic.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Under Shapiro they won 2 Division Titles and a Wildcard birth .. in 15 years. I wouldn't call that dominating. Unless you were being sarcastic.
                    They seems to have fire sales every couple years. A good year followed by complete re-build

Comment

They seems to have fire sales every couple years. A good year followed by complete re-build
                      Basically like the Oakland A's?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Basically like the Oakland A's?
                        Maybe it's money based which won't be a big issue in Toronto

Comment

Maybe it's money based which won't be a big issue in Toronto
                          ... we hope not.

Any word on Shapiro having a 5 year Max for Players Contracts? Lol

Comment

• This from the Star:
                            To say Anthopoulos rejected an extension is ridiculous. The new offer from ownership and incoming president Mark Shapiro would take away the final say on player personnel moves, handing them to the new guy who had discovered in his role as a business-only Indians president, that he missed his role as a trade/free-agent power broker like an alcoholic misses Jaeger bombs.

Source

Comment

• Anthopoulous was named Executive of the Year today as well, lol.

What a gong show. Rogers couldn't have possibly handled this any worse.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                True...but they pooped the season unlike over here. The writing was on the wall with Cherington which is why Dombrowski was brought in. I will concede that in some ways it was similar here at through the first 3-4 mos. but then with the moves the team caught fire....but the hire (and promises to Shapiro) were already made. Timing.
                                We really should have seen this coming. Shapiro is a young guy and he clearly wasn't coming to Toronto to focus on concessions, selling more jerseys and a grass field. In retrospect, that was ludicrous - he was always coming here cause he was told he would be in charge. Then, of course, the Jays exploded and AA is the exec of the year but Rogers already promised Shapiro he would have final say.

Shapiro didn't come to Toronto to fail but a couple of things concern me. First, the Indians' drafts in the Shapiro era have been gawdawful. Second, Shapiro's experience is operating a small market team that has no money. Third, say what you want about AA, but he restocked a broken farm system and then, just for good measure, emptied it out and restocked it again. He put a winner on the field in 6 years with a major league roster that was a mess 5 years ago. Shapiro had as many good years in a decade and a half in Cleveland as AA had in 6. And now there's such a fundamental difference with Shapiro he leaves? That's slightly disconcerting.

Comment

Working...
                                X