The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    No brainers on the Bautista, Edwin and Dickey options. $71 million in committed payroll with some hefty arbitration raises coming for Donaldson et al. Guess the next bit of news is whether they QO Estrada or not and I have to think that's an easy answer cause, worst case scenario, they get a pick when he signs elsewhere.
    You are correct. The team may muddle through next year but 2017 is going to be dicey with Bautista, Encarnacion and Dickey with expired contracts and tough signings because of age/demanded term. Wonder how AA would have handled that. He was creative and spoke to his doggedness. We dont know about MS...yet. Right now the pitching needs a makeover.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      You are correct. The team may muddle through next year but 2017 is going to be dicey with Bautista, Encarnacion and Dickey with expired contracts and tough signings because of age/demanded term. Wonder how AA would have handled that. He was creative and spoke to his doggedness. We dont know about MS...yet. Right now the pitching needs a makeover.
      Finding corner OF and 1B/DH bats is easier than middle infield c/3b. Donaldson/Tulo/Martin isnt a bad core to build on.

Comment

• Interesting tweet from Wilner:

https://twitter.com/Wilnerness590/st...71570036359168

Tulo?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Interesting tweet from Wilner:

Tulo?
          all the big names are 5/10 with no trade clauses

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Interesting tweet from Wilner:

Tulo?
            Doubt it, that's giving up Defense more than Bats. I could see Revere getting sent out though, only due to our depth in the out field.

Comment

• Goins is more than capable of replacing Tulo defensively.

As for Revere, what could they possibly get for him?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Doubt it, that's giving up Defense more than Bats. I could see Revere getting sent out though, only due to our depth in the out field.
                Revere is pricey and he isn't that good. You've got Saunders and Pompey for next year and I'd be fine with that.

Not sure about moving Tulo, that doesn't make sense to me. He is a middle of the order bat that plays a premium position at an elite level. Those guys don't grow on trees. I would not feel good about a Travis/Goins pairing up the middle given Travis' injury history and Goins' bat. If one them goes down or craps the bed there is zero depth.

The FA market is deep for pitching this year so there's lots of options. I don't think the panic over the rotation is warranted, at least not yet....

Comment

• Edwin is gonna go. Think about it, guys. He's playing at a position where we have 3 bats who can fill in there (Navarro, Collabello and Smoak).

He's the perfect piece to ship out for a pitcher.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Edwin is gonna go. Think about it, guys. He's playing at a position where we have 3 bats who can fill in there (Navarro, Collabello and Smoak).

He's the perfect piece to ship out for a pitcher.
                    He has 10/5 rights. Unless he agrees to be traded he isn't going anywhere. Also, why would you trade one of the best hitters in baseball?

Comment

• Blue Jays should add a lefty first baseman like Davis and then go for pitching if they are in it late in the season if they strike out on Price. No sense trying for 7@30M for a pitcher if everybody in the lineup has a down year

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        He has 10/5 rights. Unless he agrees to be traded he isn't going anywhere. Also, why would you trade one of the best hitters in baseball?
                        I'd trade EE........for the right price. Like for a young stud starting pitcher.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jays extend $15.8M qualifying offer to Estrada ... damn. I think that proves they're not messing around this off-season.

Comment

• Nevermind...

Jays agreed to 2-year $26M offer with Estrada.
                            http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...-with-estrada/

Comment

• Quote from Neal Huntington (GM of the Pirates now) on Shapiro really touched a nerve.. like a good nerve ..

“I was a first-time farm director inheriting his system, and he was passionate about it, it was a great system, and he let a first-time farm director make some adjustments that as I look back on it, as long as my thought process was sound, he encouraged me to move forward. If I wasn’t sound in my thought process, he would challenge me, he would push back, and I didn’t recognize it at the time, but as I look back on it, as long as I had logical, rational reasons for what I wanted to do, he supported it.”

We'll never know why AA left, but if it truly was about Shapiro having "final say" on moves, then I think he's big .. dumb dumb.

AA had a chance to learn and be mentored by one of the most respected baseball guys out there. Whether he's any smarter, or better, who knows, but Mark Shapiro is highly respected and admired by some pretty smart people.
                              Last edited by Joey; Fri Nov 13, 2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Quote from Neal Huntington (GM of the Pirates now) on Shapiro really touched a nerve.. like a good nerve ..

“I was a first-time farm director inheriting his system, and he was passionate about it, it was a great system, and he let a first-time farm director make some adjustments that as I look back on it, as long as my thought process was sound, he encouraged me to move forward. If I wasn’t sound in my thought process, he would challenge me, he would push back, and I didn’t recognize it at the time, but as I look back on it, as long as I had logical, rational reasons for what I wanted to do, he supported it.”

We'll never know why AA left, but if it truly was about Shapiro having "final say" on moves, then I think he's big .. dumb dumb.

AA had a chance to learn and be mentored by one of the most respected baseball guys out there. Whether he's any smarter, or better, who knows, but Mark Shapiro is respected and given quite a bit of praise from some pretty smart people.
                                From what I understood, it wasn't just about final say...it was that Shapiro would, for all intents and purposes, be the GM - but with a different title...
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X