The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    From what I understood, it wasn't just about final say...it was that Shapiro would, for all intents and purposes, be the GM - but with a different title...
    AA would have been a glorified scout with Shapiro running the MLB level

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      AA would have been a glorified scout with Shapiro running the MLB level
      ... But why then is Tony LaCava currently doing real GM stuff?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        From what I understood, it wasn't just about final say...it was that Shapiro would, for all intents and purposes, be the GM - but with a different title...
        Yes, that is the conventional thinking. I kind of understand both points of view. Alex was successful latter part of this year and Beeston probably never challenged him on any player movement ever except for the budgetary parameters. It is obvious with a new guy in town who had GM experience he would be a touch more involved on those matters than Beeston. If there were no other onerous interference AA should have at least tried the new setup for a couple of years (or less) until they had a more thorough understanding of the new working parameters. Unless of course there was just a disconnect on how they understood each other. I also wonder if their conversations were on the phone or in person (phone I think) which is problematic.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          ... But why then is Tony LaCava currently doing real GM stuff?
          scapegoat in case everything goes wrong.

Comment

We'll never know why AA left, but if it truly was about Shapiro having "final say" on moves, then I think he's big .. dumb dumb.
            I suspect personalities played a role. Plus, there was the 1+1 initial contract offer, which Alex likely took as a big GTFO (and rightly so). Also, it's hard to go from being #1 to #2. As someone who left a job for that very reason I can tell you that it is a humiliation and you can't really stick around in those circumstances cause everyone who used to answer to you knows you've been neutered and replaced. It just doesn't work.

Comment

• AL MVP GOES NORTH OF THE BORDER!! WooHOO!!

Congrats to Josh Donaldson, he certainly deserves it.

Comment

• Wonder if Shapiro will fight his arb. salary request!!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Wonder if Shapiro will fight his arb. salary request!!
                  of couse he will. Jays brought him in to keep the budget in check

Comment

AL MVP GOES NORTH OF THE BORDER!! WooHOO!!

Congrats to Josh Donaldson, he certainly deserves it.
                    And by such a large margin! Thankfully we have this offense around for at least one more year, which will win us games no matter what happens to the pitching staff.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      And by such a large margin! Thankfully we have this offense around for at least one more year, which will win us games no matter what happens to the pitching staff.
                      If they add Davis they just need starter to be okay

Comment

• We got Jesse Chavez for Hendricks.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          We got Jesse Chavez for Hendricks.
                          32 year old former Jay with a meh ERA in a pitcher park. Maybe Estrada was a fluke

Comment

• Josh Donaldson = the man! #MVP

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• All the sports guys down in the States who keep saying Price is signing with the Cubs, Red Sox or Dodgers are all in the tizzy today because apparently Price would rather just stay in Toronto.

David Kaplan of CSN Chicago and Chicago's ESPN 1000 put it out there that Price prefers to remain with the Toronto Blue Jays, the team he helped lift into the postseason after being dealt there before the trade deadline in July.
                              Source
                              Being the hilarious guy that he is, he posted this:
                              I can always tell the big rumor days...tons of mentions when I haven't even said anything!! I love you all BUT I'm going to play in Japan.
                              Last edited by Joey; Tue Nov 24, 2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• I'll believe it when i see it.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X