The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    If they have a shot to sign him, they will make every effort, and invest every dollar that they need to. I firmly believe that.
    Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're right. However, I think Shapiro is going to spread that money out and pick up 2 or 3 pieces like Happ rather than investing it all in Price.

Comment

• Price will get that 26-30 million with whatever team, but Texas and Royals told the league that Price is an easy hit if you sit on a fastball that you can adjust to. I like David Price as a person a lot, but if a team makes the playoffs with him, I can't see him win as an playoff starter unless it really actually happens

Comment

• Price is gone. 7yr/217M deal with Boston
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Price is gone. 7yr/217M deal with Boston
          So if they didn't extend Dickey and sign Happ they might have gotten Price

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Yeah, that's how it works.... they signed JA Happ and then went, holy fuck, we totally forgot about this David Price guy.

Comment

From what I am hearing the BJs were never seriously at those numbers and probably knew before the Happ deal what he was commanding. Good for Price...now lets beat him up!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                From what I am hearing the BJs were never seriously at those numbers and probably knew before the Happ deal what he was commanding. Good for Price...now lets beat him up!
                But the money they threw at two guys equals Price and both will likely win roughly the same in twice the starts while taking two starting spots one which could go to Sanchez or Osuna

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                  Price will get that 26-30 million with whatever team, but Texas and Royals told the league that Price is an easy hit if you sit on a fastball that you can adjust to. I like David Price as a person a lot, but if a team makes the playoffs with him, I can't see him win as an playoff starter unless it really actually happens
                  Texas is lefty heavy and Royal are just good hitters 1-9. As a workhorse I like Price@30+ much more than Dickey @ 12

Comment

• Welcome to the Shapiro era folks. The return of mediocrity. But hey, Ted Rogers is gonna make lots of money so that's cool, right?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ya this "we're going to be opportunistic" didn't really sit well with me ... Pretty disappointed so far.

Comment

But the money they threw at two guys equals Price and both will likely win roughly the same in twice the starts while taking two starting spots one which could go to Sanchez or Osuna
                        I must admit that deal is a bit too rich for me...not the amt./year but the term....7 yrs puts Price at 38 in 2023. The 2 guys and Estrada for that matter are max 3 yrs. and the team has major decisions about their offensive stars (Bats & Encarnacion) next year. If the team cannot/will not deal with that then signing Price is effectively a 1 yr. proposition. Tricky. These deals historically dont work out....so there's that...and he has an out after 3 yrs. My bigger disappointment?...the effing divisional hated competition signed him. I do not like NY and Boston teams

Comment

I must admit that deal is a bit too rich for me...not the amt./year but the term....7 yrs puts Price at 38 in 2023. The 2 guys and Estrada for that matter are max 3 yrs. and the team has major decisions about their offensive stars (Bats & Encarnacion) next year. If the team cannot/will not deal with that then signing Price is effectively a 1 yr. proposition. Tricky. These deals historically dont work out....so there's that...and he has an out after 3 yrs. My bigger disappointment?...the effing divisional hated competition signed him. I do not like NY and Boston teams
                          He seems to be a pitcher who will age well. Control lefty pitcher with an effective changeup. Years 5-7 he probably won't be the ace but effective like Buerhle

Tbh, Would be okay if they signed Chris Davis or another position lefty power bat but if Estrada is the big upgrade its a mistake.

Comment

He seems to be a pitcher who will age well. Control lefty pitcher with an effective changeup. Years 5-7 he probably won't be the ace but effective like Buerhle

Tbh, Would be okay if they signed Chris Davis or another position lefty power bat but if Estrada is the big upgrade its a mistake.
                            I was just attempting to crystal ball Shapyero on Price...I look at it as a tossup besides I hear the SOx gave Price an ultimatum of decision today. So he had to make up his mind and the Jays couldnt run their cost&price decision models in time.

I agree we need a nice lefty bomber in the middle of the lineup. If Estrada bombs there'll be trade deadline firesale.

Comment

I was just attempting to crystal ball Shapyero on Price...I look at it as a tossup besides I hear the SOx gave Price an ultimatum of decision today. So he had to make up his mind and the Jays couldnt run their cost&price decision models in time.

I agree we need a nice lefty bomber in the middle of the lineup. If Estrada bombs there'll be trade deadline firesale.
                              Wonder if Lind is available. 😒

Comment

• So I guess Stro-show is our #1?

Comment

Working...
                                X