The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    So is Russ Atkins just a GM in name? Is it really all Shapiro?

The team is essentially the same as last year, but the offseason moves have proved to work out, thus far. I'm still very nervous about Joey and Edwin hitting the FA market. Boston is gonna throw the kitchen sink at Edwin to have him replace Papi. That's my worst nightmare come true. Personally, I would prefer we keep Edwin over JB.
    Of course Atkins isn't a "name only" GM. I was totally wrong in not giving Atkins any credit for our off-season moves. Was half asleep when I posted. Now how much those moves were Atkins, how much Shapiro is anyone's guess.

Not worried at all about losing Jose AND Edwin. They're both pretty well DH'es and will be more so as they age. Yeah, keeping Edwin while letting Jose walk,would be my preference as well. It depends on the $ and term. One positive would be the fact that there is no NL DH, so there will be less competition for their services.

As for Boston, they might do what you said, but they will still have Pablo and Hanley for a few more years, guys who are also (more or less) 1B/DH'es. They may want to focus their spending on pitching this coming off-season.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...lvin-upton-jr/

I'm not sure what to make of this move to get Melvin Upton Jr. Must be a move before Joey Bats is dealt, because Upton doesn't come with a cheap price tag. Why else would the Jays need a 5th outfielder?

Comment

• Matty D is actually a pretty decent baseball announcer.

Comment

• Has anybody checked out the new Blue Jays Republic website yet? I've been waiting a long time for that one, very pleased it launched today.

Comment

• http://www.bluejaysrepublic.com/

Comment

• Is there gonna be a forum like with here?

Other than that, i like it.

Speaking of the Jays, are there any catchers out there besides Thole who can catch a knuckleball and actually hit? Is there a good quality starting pitcher or a swingman who would come cheaply?

Just a few questions to throw out there.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Is there gonna be a forum like with here?

Speaking of the Jays, are there any catchers out there besides Thole who can catch a knuckleball and actually hit? Is there a good quality starting pitcher or a swingman who would come cheaply?

Thole is horrific on offense
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...lvin-upton-jr/

I'm not sure what to make of this move to get Melvin Upton Jr. Must be a move before Joey Bats is dealt, because Upton doesn't come with a cheap price tag. Why else would the Jays need a 5th outfielder?
                  I think its move for next year. Jays are most likely not gonna resign both Jose and Edwin. Also Saunders is a free agent, so Upton gives us insurance for Jose and Saunders
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Is there gonna be a forum like with here?

Jays signed Erik Kratz last week, he's hitting .094 this season.

Comment

• So the Jays are going to go with a 6 man rotation for the time being, to keep Sanchez going and to see what Liriano has to offer. I like the idea for now, that gives him maybe 4 more starts before the end of August - maybe another 30 innings tops I'd say - which would still have him at only 163 IP at the beginning of September. He would likely be upwards of 190 by the end of the regular season which I believe they said they don't want him going any higher than that. It's going to be interesting... best case scenario is that Liriano performs well and it wouldnt be so hard to send "Sanchey" to the pen.

Comment

• Josh Donaldson is the second best player in baseball right now. Second behind Mike Trout.

If the Blue Jays win the division again this year, he should be the MVP.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Caught todays game vs the Tampa Bay Rays. Its discouraging. Nothing and I mean nothing is bouncing the Jays way.

The bats are colder than revenue canadas heart. If they do get runners on to set up an inning someone hits into a DP.
                          They are currently making less than mediocre pitchers look like Clayton Kershaw.

Hoping the west coast trip (which usually eats us alive) is where they come out of this 15 game slump. If not and the season slips away on them ...the predictable will come to pass. Gibby will get canned on October 5th and the teardown and rebuild begins anew under the Shapiro/Atkins regime.

Still time but the clock is ticking.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• My mind jumped off the boat and I am in Raptors mode now. The season is not done yet but our team thought the season is over after August

Comment

• This sucks ... how the hell do we keep getting beat by the RAYS for gods sake. Brutal.

Comment

• At least we can hold on to that WC spot, right?
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X