The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Now the big question is Liriano or Stroman? Gotta be Liriano given the Orioles struggles against lefties, which, if they win, would set them up for Texas with lots of rotation options......
    Yeah, I've seen all sorts of arguments for Liriano over Stro and most of them are garbage based on small samples and recency bias... But I can't deny that lefty split. Liriano is the right choice (though you definitely have Stro in the pen to step in if need be).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I've seen all sorts of arguments for Liriano over Stro and most of them are garbage based on small samples and recency bias... But I can't deny that lefty split. Liriano is the right choice (though you definitely have Stro in the pen to step in if need be).
      I saw your comment on BBB and I agree that most of the arguments in that post are specious but the lefty split is tough to get past. I don't totally discount the fact that Liriano has been good recently and that he's won in the playoffs but Stroman was good in the playoffs last year and he's also regained pretty good form down the stretch.

Honestly, the Jays really can't wrong with their starters. If they get past the roll of the dice tomorrow, that rotation will be tough to crack in the ALDS or ALCS and, if the offence comes around, they will be a steamroller.

Comment

• I'd start Liriano and if he struggles bring in Stroman
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Now the big question is Liriano or Stroman? Gotta be Liriano given the Orioles struggles against lefties, which, if they win, would set them up for Texas with lots of rotation options......
          DanH wrote: View Post
          They might consider Estrada who would be going on 4 days rest. Regardless of who starts.. Liriano, Strohman or even the wild guess in Estrada I think its going to be a bullpen kinda game. Jays have the better pool of starters but the Orioles have a better late inning set of relievers which favours the O's. The O's might even start Ubaldo Jiminez thats how poor the starting pitcher pool is for them.

This team is built around its hitting and its infield defense. If they hit early and Travis doesn't commit an egregious error or two during the game I like the Jays chances regardless of who starts for them or Baltimore. Key is to hit who ever starts for the O's early and take their bullpen advantage away if you can.

And if they get by the wild card just how bad do you think the Jays and MLB want another round like last year vs Texas. They might be throwing at each other in warmup ...
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 3, 2016, 01:55 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            They might consider Estrada who would be going on 4 days rest. Regardless of who starts.. Liriano, Strohman or even the wild guess in Estrada I think its going to be a bullpen kinda game. Jays have the better pool of starters but the Orioles have a better late inning set of relievers which favours the O's. The O's might even start Ubaldo Jiminez thats how poor the starting pitcher pool is for them.

This team is built around its hitting and its infield defense. If they hit early and Travis doesn't commit an egregious error or two during the game I like the Jays chances regardless of who starts for them or Baltimore. Key is to hit who ever starts for the O's early and take their bullpen advantage away if you can.

And if they get by the wild card just how bad do you think the Jays and MLB want another round like last year vs Texas. They might be throwing at each other in warmup ...
            Estrada would be 3 days rest. It's a full calendar day.

Comment

• Even more interesting than the Jays is this: what the hell do the Orioles do? Jiminez has been much better after the all-star break and he's coming off a great start against Toronto but is Baltimore going to trust him in this game? They might have to given Tillman is the other viable option and the Jays have always hit him hard.

Comment

Even more interesting than the Jays is this: what the hell do the Orioles do? Jiminez has been much better after the all-star break and he's coming off a great start against Toronto but is Baltimore going to trust him in this game? They might have to given Tillman is the other viable option and the Jays have always hit him hard.
                Its a tribute to how good the Orioles bats are that Jiminez is still in the starting rotation. All year long I have been waiting for the Orioles bats to cool down even for a couple of weeks and then watch them go 2 and 12 and take themselves out of the race.

Didn't happen.

Your right Tillman we crush. Jiminez has been mediocre to excrement, on balance for the year so the Jays should be able to handle him. Gausman/Bundy are inconsistent.

If the Jays can muster some plate discipline and get a couple of walks, shake 8 to 10 hits out the bats and combine that with a QS out of whoever starts for us with the dome going crazy its enough to get by the O's Tuesday.

If they don't hit and scuffle in the field and its 2 -1 either way going into the 7th... the odds favour the O's with that bullpen.

So to paraphrase the old Chicago election slogan....hit early and hit often.
                - TGO

Comment

• The Orioles have a great bullpen too. And I'm not just talking Britton...

This game scares me very much. I want home field, but do we have what it takes?
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    The Orioles have a great bullpen too. And I'm not just talking Britton...

This game scares me very much. I want home field, but do we have what it takes?
                    Fuck, it's baseball. Anything can happen and it's not as set in stone like basketball. We have to take the lead and keep it. Brach and Britton are just unstoppable

Comment

• Happy Wildcard Day!!

Comment

• 3 inning ending double plays .. the latest being bottom 9 .. you only get so many chances and I wonder if the jays reticence to sacrifice to advance runners will be their demise this season...

its now 11PM and the top of the 10th and osuna comes out for the 2 inning save...
                        - TGO

Comment

• EDWINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! Oh boy that was AWESOME.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            EDWINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! Oh boy that was AWESOME.
                            incredible.. gods gift to the blue jays... ubaldo HR jiminez ... and edwin makes all the angst go away...
                            at least for a couple of days...

what a game..

now.. whats up with Osuna's arm/elbow/shoulder ?
                            - TGO

Comment

• Rogers better pay Edwin
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Rogers better pay Edwin
                                Between him and Jose, Rogers is finally going to have to put their money where their mouth is ... very curious to see what happens there. I would imagine how far we go in the Playoffs would contribute to that decision as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X