No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effing Bullcrap .. Game 1 is Thursday at 3:30 ... Ridiculous.

Comment

• In other not so exciting but extremely satisfying non MLB news...
      The NY super team gave up 130 en route to a 27 point loss..
      Pretty damn fine day...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Effing Bullcrap .. Game 1 is Thursday at 3:30 ... Ridiculous.
        Boston is the 8th largest TV market in the US of A....

Still .. we are in ....

Going to be quite a few off site meetings on Thursday I would presume ...
        - TGO

Comment

Lol and game 2 is 1pm on Friday, right?

They do not give a fuck about any Canadian teams in any of these pro sports, just ask Raps. Thankfully I have 4 vacation days left - friday will be one.

Also, we will never get an NFL franchise because of this.

Comment

• NOTHING like playoff baseball!!!

Shapiro better bring Encarnacion back next year.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• But anyways... what a huge win by our Blue Jays! Edwin's HR was one that will go down in Toronto lore. I called after the 5th that we'd win in extras, but I called 13th and I thought Britton would've been in the game and long gone. Thankfully I was wrong on both counts there... Happy we won though!

Comment

Viewing party in the office lounge. Huzzah!

EDIT: I believe it's a 4:30pm start. But on the bright side, game 3 in Toronto is scheduled for 7:30pm.
                Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 5, 2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Between him and Jose, Rogers is finally going to have to put their money where their mouth is ... very curious to see what happens there. I would imagine how far we go in the Playoffs would contribute to that decision as well?
                  Rogers isn't going to pay to re-sign EE or JB. They are both gone. Just enjoy it while it lasts and hopefully they get a ring out of it.

Comment

• By the way, can you morons in Toronto stop throwing things on the field please. Every time I go to another ballpark I get more and more abuse cause of the dumbasses at Skydome.

Stop. Throwing. Shit. On. The. Field.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Rogers isn't going to pay to re-sign EE or JB. They are both gone. Just enjoy it while it lasts and hopefully they get a ring out of it.
                      Think there's a smidgen of chance one (or both) of those guys are back if we win it all this year?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Think there's a smidgen of chance one (or both) of those guys are back if we win it all this year?
                        You'd have to figure there'd be, especially so for Encarnacion.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          You say that so matter of factly, I'd be curious what your sources are. I think there's a very good chance we re-sign at least one of them.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, I hope so, but I'm not inclined to believe so based on Rogers' track record. Part of the problem is that there isn't any recent precedent for a guy like EE, so it's hard to know what he'll be offered and JB has been injured all year, so, who knows how that has affected his value. Still, having been a baseball fan for 30 years, I know better than to expect no big money teams to throw stupid amounts of $$$ at guys.

You say that so matter of factly, I'd be curious what your sources are. I think there's a very good chance we re-sign at least one of them
                            I'm like Abbas.... I'm my own source! No, I don't know anyone with the Jays. A good buddy of mine used to work at MLSE but he left after the Teachers' sale. The other guy I know there I don't talk to much and he's on business/corporate end of things, so he doesn't deal much with the sports-side of the business.

Comment

• Anthopolous traded away a dozen or so pitching prospects and the only one thats gonna bite... and bite hard... was the Syndergaard deal... The kid.. if his arm holds up... is just effing awesome.

A consistent 97 MPH heater and a curve he can get over when he has to.

Going for it has its risks... Thor is one of those risks.

Edit.. Syndergaard gave em 7 shutout innings but the Bum is Haladay like... mowed em all down for a complete game shutout...
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 5, 2016, 11:37 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• So Kevin Pillar is winning the Gold Glove this year, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X