The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A baseball has 108 stitches.

It took the Cubs 108 years to win another World Series.

Nuff said.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• A great series...wishing the World Series versions of Jason Kipnis..Lonnie Chisenhal and Tyler Nasquin had been on display vs the Jays and then maybe it's us in the series instead of the tribe.

Now it's time to retool the Jays...
      They have five bona ride starters in a league that's thrilled to have two or three.
      They are set in the infield save for first....we have a catcher who can handle that staff
      We need a couple of corner OF and hopefully whoever we get can get can bat left or can switch hit.
      Jay Bruce is a LH corner OF but Had his team option picked up by the Mets.
      Dexter Fowler from the cubbies is an option.

Tough spot..we have enough to make a run at it..but need some help to be considered seriously.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Love, love, love this deal for Morales. And we didn't pay out the arse either in my opinion.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-jays-sign-m...-deal-1.606056

Comment

• Do you think this marks the end for EE? Or will he and Morales share some time at 1B?

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
            Do you think this marks the end for EE? Or will he and Morales share some time at 1B?
            Morales is a switch hitter but is primarily a LHB.. looking at this as the replacement for Jose..
            Jose is 36 and was making 12M i think... Morales is 33 and will make about the same... and adds LHB.. he can play first..
            Really hope we can land Edwin and find another LHB with some speed to play a corner outfield spot...

good signing..
            - TGO

Comment

• The EE era is not dead yet, but Bautista's tenure is over....more to come this week

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                The EE era is not dead yet, but Bautista's tenure is over....more to come this week
                With the Jays chasing Pearce, I'm not holding much hope for EE coming back.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm lukewarm on the Morales deal. Fine deal, but nothing to get too excited about. He's basically a pure DH at this point. Rather have guys who can play the field and rotate through the DH spot when they need a day off from the field.

Still, if they get Pearce and Reddick I'll be a happy camper indeed. Can probably get all three (incl Morales) for a little more than EE would have gotten alone.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'm lukewarm on the Morales deal. Fine deal, but nothing to get too excited about. He's basically a pure DH at this point. Rather have guys who can play the field and rotate through the DH spot when they need a day off from the field.

Still, if they get Pearce and Reddick I'll be a happy camper indeed. Can probably get all three (incl Morales) for a little more than EE would have gotten alone.
                    Reddick would like to join. I am sure of it because it will reunite him with Donaldson

Comment

I'm lukewarm on the Morales deal. Fine deal, but nothing to get too excited about. He's basically a pure DH at this point. Rather have guys who can play the field and rotate through the DH spot when they need a day off from the field.

Don't sell him short. Morales hit 30 HR last year and drove in 93 and the year before he hit 22 and drove in 106.... and this in a pretty big ballpark in Kansas City... He like Donaldson will see a boost in his HR's in the friendly band boxes that dot the AL East. This is a good signing.

AND

That would mean Edwin would have to be the everyday 1B and that is not fair to him or to Gibby who loves his guys and knows Edwin would struggle in the field. FWIW I think Edwin lands in Houston and he will do well there. I am scared shitless by the thought that Smoakie would be the regular 1B. He is great in the field but he can't hit anything offspeed. He might strike out 175 times if he doesn't walk into one. Possibilites are Steve Pearce or maybe Mike Napoli to platton with Justin.

Need at least one new corner outfielder, if not two badly. Pillar will play CF and you might see a platoon between Carera and Upton in left. Need a LH guy who can hit for higher average and can hit lots of doubles to play right.... Tall order but thats what is at the top of the shopping list...Idle chatter was Dexter Fowler from the Cubs/Cards but he may be looking for more than Jays want or can spend. Hell they may even try to sign Saunders to play RF and sub him out for who ever isn't playing between Upton and Carera for defense in late innings. Josh Reddick is a name out there as well...

Sad to see Eddie and Jose go.. but they will land on their feet.

Strawman Batting Order for next year sees more LH bats which they needed.

LF - Carrera LHB
                      3B -Donaldson RHB
                      RF/1B - Fowler SW Hitter or Napoli/Pearce both RHB
                      DH -Morales LHB
                      SS- Tulo RHB
                      2B -Travis RHB
                      C -Martin RHB
                      RF/1B - RF Fowler SW Hitter or Saunders LHB ... 1BNapoli/Pearce both RHB
                      CF - Pillar RHB
                      - TGO

Comment

• So after a brief bit of hope they might find a way... the Jays are moving on from Edwin. Atkins emphatically said that today. They took the 4/80M off the table.Not sure if this was preordained or that Eddies agent overplayed his hand and the market he thought was there wasn't. Eddie will sign but likely for less than what the Jays initially put up ...

For compares ....Beltran got 16M for a year from Houston and the Yanks paid Matt Holiday 13M for one year as well. Boston if they are so inclined might be able to pick up a bona fide power man in Edwin for 4/72 or 3/63. Maybe even the Orioles would come into the game at that point. Damn .. either team would be scary with Edwin in those lineups in those band boxes they play in.

The post season is not over yet so you can't pass judgement right now but it sure looks like the Cleveland guys are very quickly making moves to dismantle the team that was the creation of Alex Anthopolous in a hurry. I really hope they are able to get a couple of non defensively challenged guys that also come with bats at the corner OF slots with the money they have left... Adam Eaton and Dexter Fowler would be nice. Hope Sha-pee- row piro can find a way to get Fowlers name on a contract and make a trade for Eaton... but more than that I hope he is cognizant that he is running a big market team not a small market one like he had in Cleveland.

That walk up crowd from the downtown core can dissipate quickly if the Jays field a team that isn't going to compete to save a few bucks under the direction of Ted Rogers moronic kid Edward.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 6, 2016, 12:25 AM.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Fowler is off the board now. Think the Cards over payed for him by giving him a 5 year term but thats the price of getting a player in free agency...

Which leaves the Jays shopping at the margins of free agency hoping to find a guy who has a big year
                          or
                          In the trade market in which you have to give up more than just money to fill the gaps in the outfield and in the bullpen.

Its still early and the exchange rate has to hurt the Jays somewhat .. but on balance ... I think the guys from Cleveland still haven't figured out they are in a big market now... they haven't acted that way. They want to build a farm system in the worst way and seem to be hesitant to spend money to keep the team competitive while they do it...
                          - TGO

Comment

• Wouldn't mind Brandon Moss for the outfield. Hey, sign him and Bautista for short term deals, bam, successful off-season.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wouldn't mind Brandon Moss for the outfield. Hey, sign him and Bautista for short term deals, bam, successful off-season.
                              Still .. Jays are big market team... and so far no Fowler or Eaton or Bruce or Blackmon ... The Cleveland boys are delivering hamburger when one was hoping for steak for that gigantic black hole that is our corner OF slots...

Moss is 32.. wonder if his best years are behind him... I really don't know anything about this guy.. Doesn't look like he brings any speed with him ... What do you like about him ?

Still . .lots of time till pitchers and catchers report....
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 12, 2016, 08:48 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• That Fowler deal was crazy, though. I like him but not at that price tag.

Who knows? Maybe Joey Bats is back by default. Sure doesn't seem to be a huge market for him. Wonder if he stays unsigned until spring when the pick compensation goes away.

Comment

Working...
                                X