Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This kid, Michael Page, just debuted for Bellator last night..

    he's probably going to get his ass handed to him when he fights a real fighter... but in the meantime, god damn is he entertaining to watch

    Comment


    • Uriah strikes again, no pun intended. This guy is the real McCoy IMO. He wins the show no doubt and he most likely gets a big fight this summer.

      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

      Comment


      • e2thed wrote: View Post
        Uriah strikes again, no pun intended. This guy is the real McCoy IMO. He wins the show no doubt and he most likely gets a big fight this summer.

        i almost puked when i saw the blood puddling out of Bubba's eye

        win or lose.. Hall needs to get a significant push early on... not the normal fighting shlubs on prelim cards that other TUF fighters get... he should really get at least mid tier consideration... dude is DEADLY

        that was damn near anderson silva-esque... moving backwards, quickly planting his foot, and throwing a HEAVY straight in the span of a millisecond..

        in other news... Josh Samman gives me douche chills..

        Comment


        • heinz57 wrote: View Post
          i almost puked when i saw the blood puddling out of Bubba's eye

          win or lose.. Hall needs to get a significant push early on... not the normal fighting shlubs on prelim cards that other TUF fighters get... he should really get at least mid tier consideration... dude is DEADLY

          that was damn near anderson silva-esque... moving backwards, quickly planting his foot, and throwing a HEAVY straight in the span of a millisecond..
          To be honest, I giggled when he said "Why is my eye hurting", its like dude you are fighting a mandingo warrior champion bro, thats what happens.

          Yeah, that flying knee to set up the counter was downright filthy, move of a true champion. Bubba was a vagina the whole episode anyways. I think he should felt his way into the fight not just leave himself open like that, that early on. He gave up the fight as soon as they touched gloves.

          This guy Uriah is top 10 IMO.

          heinz57 wrote: View Post
          in other news... Josh Samman gives me douche chills..
          I don't like homeboy either. Maybe its because I'm a douche as well.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

          Comment


          • Anderson Silva LOST?! Whoa ... I know a bunch of people were calling this, but I'm pretty sure they 'call' it everytime Silva defends ... this is BIG news. What do we know about this Chris Weidman guy?

            Comment






            • Looks like Silva was just being a cocky SOB. Put your hands up, idiot!!
              Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM.

              Comment


              • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Looks like Silva was just being a cocky SOB. Put your hands up, idiot!!
                alot of people having been saying that... but i disagree completely..

                Silva does that shit and wins with regularity. It's not so much being cocky, as much as it is a tactic to get his opponents to fight his game.. what typically happens, is he mocks his opponent, get's them into a headspace where they're pissed off and want to knock him the fuck out.. they throw heavy swings with evil intent... he counters and picks them apart

                what he did with weidman is nothing compared to what he did to stefan bonnar

                the difference with weidman, is he didn't fall for it... instead of headhunting, he kept his composure and strung combos.. genius on his part.. he was winging punches, throws a flicker right jab to get silva to move his head right into his left hook


                there's going to be a ton of talk about how silva lost the fight... and i think it's all BS... he lost the fight because weidman won. plain and simple.. weidman was better

                i'm a huge silva fan.. but respect where respect is due... weidman beat silva... silva didn't beat silva

                i still wouldn't put a penny on weidman in a rematch... but i wouldn't be shocked if he won again... he's a beast.. look up his last fight vs mark munoz... munoz is a stud, and weidman made him look like an amateur

                Comment


                • heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  alot of people having been saying that... but i disagree completely..

                  Silva does that shit and wins with regularity. It's not so much being cocky, as much as it is a tactic to get his opponents to fight his game.. what typically happens, is he mocks his opponent, get's them into a headspace where they're pissed off and want to knock him the fuck out.. they throw heavy swings with evil intent... he counters and picks them apart

                  what he did with weidman is nothing compared to what he did to stefan bonnar

                  the difference with weidman, is he didn't fall for it... instead of headhunting, he kept his composure and strung combos.. genius on his part.. he was winging punches, throws a flicker right jab to get silva to move his head right into his left hook


                  there's going to be a ton of talk about how silva lost the fight... and i think it's all BS... he lost the fight because weidman won. plain and simple.. weidman was better

                  i'm a huge silva fan.. but respect where respect is due... weidman beat silva... silva didn't beat silva

                  i still wouldn't put a penny on weidman in a rematch... but i wouldn't be shocked if he won again... he's a beast.. look up his last fight vs mark munoz... munoz is a stud, and weidman made him look like an amateur
                  You mean Griffin? I don't 'member him fighting Bonnar..

                  I mostly agree with your analysis. Weidman is a smarter Sonnen. Sonnen went off his game plan the first fight and lost. Still you knew it was only a matter of time where silva was going to get clipped and wasn't going to recover.

                  Silva should have put his hands up..it may be his game, not to and it works. But, it's only going to work at most 9/10 times..
                  Last edited by LBF; Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                  Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                  Comment


                  • LBF wrote: View Post
                    You mean Griffin? I don't 'member him fighting Bonnar..
                    nope... i meant Bonnar... he fought Griffin years ago.. fought Bonnar a few months ago in Brazil, UFC 153. Basically did the same thing he did to Weidman, danced around.. taunted him... but then, ruthlessly let his hands (and knees) go... it was spectacularly BRUTAL

                    Bonnar was then popped for roids.... how awful is that? getting popped for roids after a loss

                    Comment


                    • heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      nope... i meant Bonnar... he fought Griffin years ago.. fought Bonnar a few months ago in Brazil, UFC 153. Basically did the same thing he did to Weidman, danced around.. taunted him... but then, ruthlessly let his hands (and knees) go... it was spectacularly BRUTAL

                      Bonnar was then popped for roids.... how awful is that? getting popped for roids after a loss
                      Oh yeah, I remember now...Bonnar had no bussiness fighting Silva. Haha
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                      Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                      Comment


                      • When Silva was doing the fake stanky leg, Weidman made him do the real one damn that was funny.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

                        Comment


                        • seriously, once i realized Silva was REALLY out (even when he was on the ground.. it was like my brain couldn't be convinced he wasn't still fooling around).. i was in a state of shock for a few minutes... a friend who didnt watch the fights asked me what rogan and goldie were saying afterwards... and i was a complete blank, my brain shut off for a sec..

                          i'm a huge Silva fan, and still think he's the greatest ever... and even if he loses his next 5 fights, i'll still think he's the GOAT... but nothing but respect for Weidman... he's the only person to figure out the Silva puzzle and capitalize on it.

                          Comment


                          • What if GSP beats his streak?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                            Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                            Comment


                            • LBF wrote: View Post
                              What if GSP beats his streak?
                              to be honest, and not to be unpatriotic about our countryman..

                              even if GSP beats and/or ties Silva's record... i'd never put him in the same category as Silva. GSP hasn't finished anybody in over 3 years.. and that was against BJ Penn, who's half his size... every other title defense he's had have been snoozefests where he takes a man down, actively transitions while pepper punching just so it doesnt get stood up.. and he coasts to decisions.. The only impressive decision in that span was against Koschek, who was too good for him to employ his regular lay and pray tactics

                              In that same period of time, Silva has DEMOLISHED Bonnar, Sonnen (2nd fight), Okami, Belfort, Griffin... had one of the most impressive comback wins against Sonnen (1st fight), and only one snoozer during that period, the Maia fight

                              in terms of records, ya... GSP might match or beat the streak... in terms of greatness, no fucking way

                              Jonny Bones Jones & Jose Aldo are the only champions i'd even consider being in Silva's rarefied air.

                              Comment


                              • That's not GSP's game. He follows a very technical step-by-step game plan.

                                Does it make it "boring " or a "snooze fest"? Sure. But, he still dominates.

                                Silva doesn't respect his opponents and it caught up to him. GSP respects them and just follows his game plan and plays it safe.

                                It's essentially a foolproof plan.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                                Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X