Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post

    How about Masvidal smacking Leon Edwards a couple times with his knuckles after the fight?

    Masvidal is legit "about that life" ... I would not fuck with that guy.
    Unless you were a Welterweight top contender, then you would, and you'd knock him out.

    Comment


    • Superjudge wrote: View Post

      Unless you were a Welterweight top contender, then you would, and you'd knock him out.
      I was actually wondering about Masvidal after they started talking about a potential title fight. I mean, the guy's record is pretty mediocre but 4 of his last five losses have come via split decision and the other loss was a decision to Wonderboy. He hasn't been stopped in 10 years. He's a much better fighter than his record indicates....

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post

        I was actually wondering about Masvidal after they started talking about a potential title fight. I mean, the guy's record is pretty mediocre but 4 of his last five losses have come via split decision and the other loss was a decision to Wonderboy. He hasn't been stopped in 10 years. He's a much better fighter than his record indicates....
        I like him

        Comment


        • Dillashaw giving up his 135 pound belt after they found something in his piss for the January fight which was for the 125 belt ... seems weird.

          Edit: Nevermind, he's been suspended for a year.


          I don't think anyone is surprised that TJ was juicing ... pretty sure Cody and Faber both called it a long time ago ...
          Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 20th, 2019, 01:25 PM.

          Comment


          • That sport won't live through too many more of these. It was already a joke, it's just pathetic now.

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              Dillashaw giving up his 135 pound belt after they found something in his piss for the January fight which was for the 125 belt ... seems weird.

              Edit: Nevermind, he's been suspended for a year.


              I don't think anyone is surprised that TJ was juicing ... pretty sure Cody and Faber both called it a long time ago ...
              A moraes/aljamain fight would be nice. I don't know why he vacated the belt after all the work he had to do to get it back. The ufc would have just made an interim belt and he would fight that guy when he gets back. Vacating means no ppv money, while he warns his shot again.

              Comment


              • Pretty meh card this week. Wonderboy to pummel pettis. I used to love pettis, but now i just see a quitter. Duke roufus' boys are all losing now.
                curtis blades is a pretty decent heavyweight, but the rest is meh. I think pena is more about the look than the result right now.

                out of the country and now i read cowboy vs raging al in ottawa. Fuck i would like to see that live.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • that was crazy. wonderboy was tearing him apart, and then bam.

                    the 2 after shots might cause damage.

                    Comment


                    • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      that was crazy. wonderboy was tearing him apart, and then bam.

                      the 2 after shots might cause damage.
                      That karate-style stance in MMA is dangerous man..... I've never like how guys tend to keep their hands down when they get into that look. Honestly, he has never really looked the same since the Rory Macdonald fight. He played it safe against Woodley in both fights, got beat solidly by Till and then knocked out.

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post

                        That karate-style stance in MMA is dangerous man..... I've never like how guys tend to keep their hands down when they get into that look. Honestly, he has never really looked the same since the Rory Macdonald fight. He played it safe against Woodley in both fights, got beat solidly by Till and then knocked out.

                        I agree, and his age is up there now, so his reflexes aren't going to be as quick.

                        but, he was solidly beating pettis until a back foot push off superman punch caught him square. Up to that point he hadn't seen the punch, and the extra like 6 inches from the push and stretch was enough to get through the distance he figured was safe.

                        i hope his brain is ok, and he comes back healthy. I hope he can get one more run in because i like the traditional martial arts styles that succeed in mma. Same as miao. For me the kumate is alive.

                        Comment


                        • wow Conor says he retiring out of nowhere.. I mean I guess I can't really blame him I don't know if he can beat Khabib and what's the point of going on when you have already set yourself up for life epically in a sport that has potential to really mess you up if you stuck around to long. all the troubles he has been getting in lately probably doesn't help either.. I still think he will probably return for 1 last big money fight. maybe Diaz #3?
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            wow Conor says he retiring out of nowhere.. I mean I guess I can't really blame him I don't know if he can beat Khabib and what's the point of going on when you have already set yourself up for life epically in a sport that has potential to really mess you up if you stuck around to long. all the troubles he has been getting in lately probably doesn't help either.. I still think he will probably return for 1 last big money fight. maybe Diaz #3?
                            I think it is a negotiation tactic to get a share of ownership. If he is retired he probably grew the sports popularity more than anyone. I used to go to the same bar in Shanghai for every ppv. When conor was on the card it costs 200 to reserve the table, had a minimum spending per table, and every table was full. No conor there was me and my 5 buddies for bloody mary breakfast, and maybe two other tables.

                            Comment


                            • Changing my mind now, but the retirement might have something to do with his irish sexual assault charge.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X