The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Covington vs. Lawler on August 3rd. Solid fight. I really want Lawler to beat the fuck out of Covington. Lol
    I think that Colby sells until we all get to really watch him get a shit kicking. Then the interest he gathers will go away. I don't know who actually likes him as a genuine fan, but I do know a lot of people that want to watch him take a beating.

​​

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

I think that Colby sells until we all get to really watch him get a shit kicking. Then the interest he gathers will go away. I don't know who actually likes him as a genuine fan, but I do know a lot of people that want to watch him take a beating.

​​
      Exactly. He thinks he's the next McGregor, but as much as McGregor had people tuning in to see him get his ass beat, he had just as many of his own fans tuning in for the win.

Comment

• That's a dangerous fight for Covington to take. If he loses, he also loses his title shot with Usman. Risky.

Not sure where Lawler is, though, after all the injuries and the lay-offs, though the ring-rust should be off.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          That's a dangerous fight for Covington to take. If he loses, he also loses his title shot with Usman. Risky.

Not sure where Lawler is, though, after all the injuries and the lay-offs, though the ring-rust should be off.
          I think Colby realized that he's been off for too long to get a direct title shot anymore. Which should be the case. Just like Ferguson.

And after seeing Lawler against Askren, I say Lawler comes in peak form and lays down a classic whoopin'.

Comment

That's a dangerous fight for Covington to take. If he loses, he also loses his title shot with Usman. Risky.

i agree. i think it's a good fight for robbie, because winning against someone so hated, throws you to the front of the line. colby has the champ woodley problem. one loss, and high chance of not getting a shot again. if i was colby i would work on the usman fight, usman would have made money for that too.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i agree. i think it's a good fight for robbie, because winning against someone so hated, throws you to the front of the line. colby has the champ woodley problem. one loss, and high chance of not getting a shot again. if i was colby i would work on the usman fight, usman would have made money for that too.
              Colby has been trying to get that Usman fight forever, but I think both Dana and Usman don't want it.

Comment

Colby has been trying to get that Usman fight forever, but I think both Dana and Usman don't want it.
                It's the money fight for Usman, though, isn't it? That division lacks star power and Covington is the loudest of the bunch. Usman-Askren is more appealing for pure fight fans but not sure it makes more money and Askren is still a question mark for me despite the record.

Comment

It's the money fight for Usman, though, isn't it? That division lacks star power and Covington is the loudest of the bunch. Usman-Askren is more appealing for pure fight fans but not sure it makes more money and Askren is still a question mark for me despite the record.
                  I agreed with the stoppage against robbie from Ben, but don't think it was enough for me to get a real impression of him. If Ben can beat masvidal, I will happily watch him fight Marty.
                  ​​​​​​
                  100%agree, the 170 division is the most boring division right now.

Comment

Yeah, Colby got ahead of himself with his worth to the company. From Dana he had a chance to fight Woodley and passed.

Comment

• Really hope Jones gets knocked out, and rockhold loses. Want Holly to win. Ben will beat masvidal too.

Comment

• Wow! Masvidal saw something. What a knockout!

so much for Ben Askren.

Comment

• Brutal knockouts tonight. Rock hold got clocked and Askren got destroyed. That was horrific. No way he is the same after that. I have never seen a flying knee like that before.

Comment

Brutal knockouts tonight. Rock hold got clocked and Askren got destroyed. That was horrific. No way he is the same after that. I have never seen a flying knee like that before.
                            That was brutal. His arms and legs all stiff in the air. Jesus.

Comment

• I tuned in to see a guy I hate get KO'd again...rockhold.

Now, the guy I hate more, just got erased in 2 seconds......by a guy I love. GTFOOH Askren, and you wanna fight GSP hahahahaha please.

Good MMA day... guys who chirp rarely win much.... I'm so glad they both got fucking destroyed.

Comment

• That knee from Masvidal is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Possibly THE greatest. Wow. Gamebred is the real deal. Love this guy.
                                Last edited by Joey; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X