• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Here's another classic for tapping ... Chael at his absolute best:
    chael is so the man. his comments sections are hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Leon out for the woodley. Looks like they still want to go ahead with it but maybe in the states instead. Colby said he's willing to step in. Which IMO would be an even better fight then woodley-edwards
    this fight cost 80 bucks a year ago. i hope colby wins. i hope he beats the shit out of woodley. woodley turned into such a dink after becoming champ. i can't stand him.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Leon out for the woodley. Looks like they still want to go ahead with it but maybe in the states instead. Colby said he's willing to step in. Which IMO would be an even better fight then woodley-edwards

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Here's another classic for tapping ... Chael at his absolute best:

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    found it. ufc 1, not big jon, and actually it was the next guy royce fights he held on longer.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    This is some gold right here:

Also, Kevin Lee is a bitch. You don't tap and then try and keep fighting. I'm more disappointed than I am mad. I thought he had it together too.
    I can't remember the event, I think it was ufc 2 or 3. Ken shamrock tapped to a royce choke, but big Jon didn't see it. A quick argument with royce repeating "you tapped", big Jon reset it, and about 30 seconds later royce had the choke again and held on longer to prove a point.

We respect taps, because these people can kill us. 100% ultimate bitch move.

That said, bisping thought he might have lost consciousness also, in which case short term memory loss is understandable.

Edit add: it's like Jorge on askren after the fact. When asked later he said it was on purpose. Mma is sport, if you start doing things on purpose every single one of these people can leave you maimed for life in several seconds. Have to respect the rules.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Mar 15, 2020, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    This is some gold right here:

Also, Kevin Lee is a bitch. You don't tap and then try and keep fighting. I'm more disappointed than I am mad. I thought he had it together too.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    getting a lot of shit because dana, and trump are friends, but the show must go on, and two men locked in a cage that tell us they will fight anywhere and anytime will get to prove it. as long as the refs, and fighters are not sick i think this might make the most memorable time in ufc. seems all other sports are cancelled, and this is going to be the only show in town.

going to feel like the ultimate fighter, going to be intimate, and we should hear the corners clearly. if the ufc is able to continue operating sans arena fans, it could be a template for sports going forward. the money is in the tv contracts anyway.

today's prelims start at 3 pm, not 5 pm.
    Ya excited to finally see some sports. Agree on the setting it will be very much like ultimate fighter/contender series. I hope their is like family or teammates like 10 or so people in the first row at least to match that atmopshere. It would be interesting to see what a bigger fight would look like in that setting.
    If Khabib and Fergurson gets fucked up for a 5th time its going to be crazy. Hope by the time of that fight we can go back to regular setting but it seems very unlikely

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    getting a lot of shit because dana, and trump are friends, but the show must go on, and two men locked in a cage that tell us they will fight anywhere and anytime will get to prove it. as long as the refs, and fighters are not sick i think this might make the most memorable time in ufc. seems all other sports are cancelled, and this is going to be the only show in town.

going to feel like the ultimate fighter, going to be intimate, and we should hear the corners clearly. if the ufc is able to continue operating sans arena fans, it could be a template for sports going forward. the money is in the tv contracts anyway.

today's prelims start at 3 pm, not 5 pm.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    kevin lee misses weight. man, i thought his head was straight on tight now.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Do you speak/understand mandarin? was wondering what Zhang said the the translator was to "excited" to say. Figure it was something not along party line or controversial to the American auidence?
    it was about the trash talking from before the fight. she thinks it is better to be an example of honor for children.

i'm also pretty sure during the first bit when the translator was going on about the corona virus, that zhang said it isn't just a china problem, but an all of our problem. but not 100% on that.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    wife, who does not care, understand, or like mma, just woke up. he phone's feed is blowing up. memes of zhang with the national anthem being played, chinese honor defended. lots of hatred at joanna for the corona virus joke. told me wife she is just selling fights, and it seems personal because you don't understand the sport, but it isn't personal.

a joanna/zhang rematch in china would blow everything ever away.
    Do you speak/understand mandarin? was wondering what Zhang said the the translator was to "excited" to say. Figure it was something not along party line or controversial to the American auidence?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Adesanya vs Romero:
    Image result for south park you wanna go bro

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    wife, who does not care, understand, or like mma, just woke up. he phone's feed is blowing up. memes of zhang with the national anthem being played, chinese honor defended. lots of hatred at joanna for the corona virus joke. told me wife she is just selling fights, and it seems personal because you don't understand the sport, but it isn't personal.

a joanna/zhang rematch in china would blow everything ever away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X