Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Great One wrote: View Post

    Masvidal would smoke Conor. Masvidal is an animal. Style wise the best matchup for Conor imo is Gaethje.
    Probably. But he already bitched out of that fight once now justin is in line for Khabib and now Conor wants to talk smack.
    i would put it 60% chance of winning for Masvidal but conor still would have a good shot. That would probably be a brawl and Conor has the K.O power. Out of all the option for conor right now Masvidal is the only one that checks all the boxes
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

    Comment


    • The Great One wrote: View Post

      Masvidal would smoke Conor. Masvidal is an animal. Style wise the best matchup for Conor imo is Gaethje.
      I don't know. Connor has nice boxing, and that is where masvidal's strength is.

      If Jorge can take the shot, he will win I think. He took Darren till's shot, and won, who knows.

      I don't think that fight is a one sided fight. I think that it could end in the first 10 seconds, or could be 5 round boxing match, decided on points.

      ​​​​​​

      Comment


      • Masvidal is a one tough mofo though. I'd put my money on him.

        But anyways, I'd like to see Conor fight against a karate style fighter. I don't know who else has that type of style though. Wonderboy is kind of washed up now.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

          5 round fight with Anderson only makes sense for ppv money, from Connor fans.

          I think an usman fight is good prep for a khabib fight actually. I think Connor loses that fight, but a loss to usman compared to a win over silva, is still better, in my opinion. Usman probably won't stand and trade with Connor, and isn't as good a wrestler as khabib, but is bigger, and uses wrestling up against the cage like khabib.

          I think Conor can beat gaethjie, and would like that fight.
          ​​​
          ​​​​​​
          Rogan is right that the only reason Conor is at 170 is that he doesn't want the weight cuts. Going to 145 did damage to him and as he is getting older he can't handle the cuts to 155 anymore. It probably removes him from title contention but he is still the UFC's biggest draw and fighters will line up to fight him for the payday.

          I think the Silva fight makes a lot of sense. He still has the Diaz trilogy fight possibility which would do big business and, of course, the fight that the UFC would love to make: Conor-GSP, which would be the biggest PPV in UFC history. Plus, there's always a Khabib rematch down the line maybe at a catchweight after Khabib beats Gaethje and Ferguson.

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post
            Conor-GSP, which would be the biggest PPV in UFC history.
            yuck. shoot, control, ground and pound. same as khabib, with less reason to fight. i hope gsp doesn't take that fight after all the legacy talk.

            agree it would be huge. done at skydome would be sick.

            for me i have 0 interest in a silva fight. happy for silva getting some money, and i will watch it, but meh.
            https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...-Purse-107797#!

            silva made 600k to fight dc. but i can't find his ppv money.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_200#Reported_payout
            this is crazy. ufc 200, july 2016. lesner made record 2.5 million to fight beating connor's 1.5 million from ufc 196. hahahahahahaaha.

            connor did so well for everyone.

            ufc 229 made 3 million to lose to khabib.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_229

            increased based salary by 100% in 4, 5 years. good job.

            Comment


            • Lesnar was the guy who could have catapulted the UFC years ago but he was so damaged from WWE with all the injuries and drug addictions that he couldn't stay in one piece. The heavyweight division is the biggest problem in UFC. It will always be second tier until that problem is solved.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post

                Rogan is right that the only reason Conor is at 170 is that he doesn't want the weight cuts. Going to 145 did damage to him and as he is getting older he can't handle the cuts to 155 anymore. It probably removes him from title contention but he is still the UFC's biggest draw and fighters will line up to fight him for the payday..
                I dont know if i believe that conor cant make the weight cut some many guys have been doing cuts like that for years more then Conor. I think there is one reason and one reason alone he is trying for fights at welterweight... Khabib, He's not going to beat that guy and he knows it. 145 might be a stretch but 155 shouldn't be that hard.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • Till vs Whittaker is going to happen. That sounds like a banger
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • Woodley, Sakai, Carylye, Weaver, Dern
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • Bad performance by Woodley. Dont think he has it in him anymore. Maybe just grabbing one last pay check and walking away
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Bad performance by Woodley. Dont think he has it in him anymore. Maybe just grabbing one last pay check and walking away
                        Not to be too critical but let's be honest about Woodley. He got very lucky that the division came to him with GSP retiring and a lack of strong contenders for a 3-4 year stretch (2014-18). Go look at his record and the losses to the real good welterweights before that (McDonald, Marquardt, Shields). He is older, and that's obviously a factor, but he has now been dominated for 10 straight rounds by the new top guys. If McDonald had beat Lawler, Woodley never would have been the champ. He was in the right place at the right time. The idea that he was the second greatest welterweight ever or whatever is laughable.

                        Any thought he would press the action was blown away as soon as he got hurt early and when that happens fighters generally fall back to their comfort zone and his is against the cage playing defense. Burns was completely prepared for that and destroyed him. Woodley was done in the first round.

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post

                          Not to be too critical but let's be honest about Woodley. He got very lucky that the division came to him with GSP retiring and a lack of strong contenders for a 3-4 year stretch (2014-18). Go look at his record and the losses to the real good welterweights before that (McDonald, Marquardt, Shields). He is older, and that's obviously a factor, but he has now been dominated for 10 straight rounds by the new top guys. If McDonald had beat Lawler, Woodley never would have been the champ. He was in the right place at the right time. The idea that he was the second greatest welterweight ever or whatever is laughable.

                          Any thought he would press the action was blown away as soon as he got hurt early and when that happens fighters generally fall back to their comfort zone and his is against the cage playing defense. Burns was completely prepared for that and destroyed him. Woodley was done in the first round.
                          Ya just the look in his eyes when burns had him against the cage was like "i don't have the fight in me anymore, im just here for a paycheck". Agree on woodley not being close to the 2nd best W.W he benifited from a weaker division but he was still a pretty good fighter just never expanded his game from a big right and shooting for takedowns. W.W is starting to look like one of the toughest divisions right now and there is no path for woodley to get back to the pinnacle. Don't see him staying around to much longer.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                            Ya just the look in his eyes when burns had him against the cage was like "i don't have the fight in me anymore, im just here for a paycheck". Agree on woodley not being close to the 2nd best W.W he benifited from a weaker division but he was still a pretty good fighter just never expanded his game from a big right and shooting for takedowns. W.W is starting to look like one of the toughest divisions right now and there is no path for woodley to get back to the pinnacle. Don't see him staying around to much longer.
                            Not sure what the UFC would do with him. Maybe a fight for a guy like Chiesa but does Woodley want to play gatekeeper? Maybe Dos Anjos if Woodley really wants to run the ladder back up? I was going to say Bellator but he's probably not a legit contender there either.

                            Comment


                            • slaw wrote: View Post

                              Not sure what the UFC would do with him. Maybe a fight for a guy like Chiesa but does Woodley want to play gatekeeper? Maybe Dos Anjos if Woodley really wants to run the ladder back up? I was going to say Bellator but he's probably not a legit contender there either.
                              I know another guy that the UFC doesn't seem to know what to do with right now that could headline a fight night or ESPN card.
                              Colby
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                                I know another guy that the UFC doesn't seem to know what to do with right now that could headline a fight night or ESPN card.
                                Colby
                                Covington-Masvidal/Edwards (whomever doesn't get Usman). Not sure why Covington would take a Woodley fight.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X