Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do u lose 20 pounds in 6 days?
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • slaw wrote: View Post

      Yeah, except Masvidal said he had a 20-pound weight cut ahead of him, so he may not even make weight. Plus, he won't have much of any time to train. I can't imagine Usman losing in these circumstances.
      I think usman walks around at around 190. Something tell me Jorge has been training and laying in wait as the chances Usman/Burns fell apart were higher then usual. Which allowed him to capitalize and get the $ he wanted.
      I would still give Usman a 75% chance of winning. But Masvidal has a K.O chance any time he enters the cage.
      He wins and he just had the best 12 months of maybe MMA history
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • Also very intrested to see Max/Volk. The leg kick pretty much sealed the fight after 2 round last time. What is Max strategy going to be this time. Will he just stay out of range and try to jump in and out? WIll he try to use the leg kick himself?
        I think of the 3 title fights Max has the best chance to pull the "upset" at least according to vegas line
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

          I think usman walks around at around 190. Something tell me Jorge has been training and laying in wait as the chances Usman/Burns fell apart were higher then usual. Which allowed him to capitalize and get the $ he wanted.
          I would still give Usman a 75% chance of winning. But Masvidal has a K.O chance any time he enters the cage.
          He wins and he just had the best 12 months of maybe MMA history
          True, he could be sandbagging. He wins that division is going to be in chaos. Masvidal-Connor would be the fight I imagine. Lots of ticked off fighters.

          Comment


          • Masvidal didn't look too bad at the weigh-in, though he was definitely happy to make weight. I still like Usman and I'll take Volkanovski and Yan in the other title bouts. Namajunas beats Andrade. Amanda Ribas is going to make a real push as the next women's star in UFC....

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post
              Masvidal didn't look too bad at the weigh-in, though he was definitely happy to make weight. I still like Usman and I'll take Volkanovski and Yan in the other title bouts. Namajunas beats Andrade. Amanda Ribas is going to make a real push as the next women's star in UFC....
              Im taking Yan, Rose and holloway in a parlay. Then throw a couple bucks on Masvidal by TKO. I think Usman is the likely winner but the odds on a Jorge TKO are too good to pass.
              I think Jorge somehow catches him with a highllight reel head kick
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • What a boring ass main event. I only ordered it because of Masvidal and because of the Yan/Aldo fight and the Volkan/Holloway fight. I should've known that it's gonna be a snoozefest because of Usman. I don't think I'll watch another Usman fight. I mean, damn. I watch sports to be entertained not to fall asleep.

                As for the Volkan/Holloway controversy. I thought it was a very close fight. I had Volkan winning the last 3 rounds.

                Yan/Aldo probably was the best fight of the night. Yan is the real deal, I'd like to see him fight either Sterling or Garbrandt next.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • The Great One wrote: View Post
                  What a boring ass main event. I only ordered it because of Masvidal and because of the Yan/Aldo fight and the Volkan/Holloway fight. I should've known that it's gonna be a snoozefest because of Usman. I don't think I'll watch another Usman fight. I mean, damn. I watch sports to be entertained not to fall asleep.

                  As for the Volkan/Holloway controversy. I thought it was a very close fight. I had Volkan winning the last 3 rounds.

                  Yan/Aldo probably was the best fight of the night. Yan is the real deal, I'd like to see him fight either Sterling or Garbrandt next.
                  I thought the card was really good. 3 great fight starting with rose. To volk/max.
                  I had max winning but it's not as much a robbery as some saying. 1,2 were clear max. 4,5clear volk. It all depend who you give 3 to. I think judges should weight take down defense as much as takedowns. If I guy can defend 2 takedowns and get taken down on the 3 but doesnt stay down or take much damage it's a wash IMO.

                  Masvidal/Usman was kind of what I expected. Mas actually showed that he can defend the takedown pretty well. Think Usman was planning on takedowns then had to shift to the clinch game.
                  masvidal will probably take 2 money fights(colby/diaz/conor) while Usman fights burns and edwards and then rematch next year
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                    I thought the card was really good. 3 great fight starting with rose. To volk/max.
                    I had max winning but it's not as much a robbery as some saying. 1,2 were clear max. 4,5clear volk. It all depend who you give 3 to. I think judges should weight take down defense as much as takedowns. If I guy can defend 2 takedowns and get taken down on the 3 but doesnt stay down or take much damage it's a wash IMO.

                    Masvidal/Usman was kind of what I expected. Mas actually showed that he can defend the takedown pretty well. Think Usman was planning on takedowns then had to shift to the clinch game.
                    masvidal will probably take 2 money fights(colby/diaz/conor) while Usman fights burns and edwards and then rematch next year
                    Holloway clearly won the first 2 rounds. Volkan clearly won the 4th and 5th round. It all depend who you give 3 to. I gave it to Volkan, he was the busier, more aggressive fighter.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • I thought the event was pretty good overall. The prelims were much stronger than I anticipated and this Prochazka guy is an animal.

                      On the main card, Usman did what he needed to do. Masvidal has good takedown defense but he has a history of getting too comfortable against the cage and that was a factor in this fight. Hard to say how much the lack of camp played into it but Jorge had to work harder to get off the fence. Yan-Aldo was much better than I thought it would be but Aldo just gassed after the third round - before that, I thought he was clearly winning the fight. Rose will probably get another title shot and I actually think that will be a really good fight cause she is so solid tactically. Ribas did exactly what she needed to do with the quick finish and, as I said on Friday, she is the next big UFC women's star. She needs a legit top 10 opponent next and a few more wins but she is Shevchenko's successor but at 115.

                      The Volk-Holloway fight is the perfect example of why a 10-point must system doesn't work in MMA. When the fight ended, my buddy and I both said Volk is going to win this but he shouldn't. Holloway clearly won the first two round big and had knockdowns or near knockdowns in both. Volk barely won rounds three and four and the fifth was also close (on judge gave it to Max). To me, when one fighter has two huge rounds and the other three are razor thin then that fighter is the winner. The big brains need to sit down and come up with a new scoring system that takes into account the totality of the fight. Having said that, Holloway didn't do enough after that second round and lost all the momentum and energy, which is never good in a title fight. I'd like to see him move up to 155 cause there are lots of interesting fights for him there.
                      Last edited by slaw; Mon Jul 13th, 2020, 12:29 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Just straight up one of the most genuine (seeming) guys I've ever seen. Would love to have a beer with this guy.

                        The fact Whittaker is only 29 should scare the middleweights. Dude can play the long road back to the title.

                        Whittaker beats Till by points.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X