The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Usman knockout was a bit surprising but Masvidal was way too casual all fight. I thought Usman would just put him up against the cage and wear him down but definitely a highlight knockout for the champ.

Wasn't surprised by Namajunas. Her stance gives kickboxers headaches. I think people forget how good she is cause she barely fights but outside of the Andrade surprise slam finish, she hasn't had a definitive loss in 7 years and her record is deceiving cause one other loss was a split decision and two were right at the start of her career.

Shevchenko was awesome. That split decision second fight loss to Nunes was a killer cause a Nunes-Shevchenko rubber match would be a no-brainer but no way Nunes needs that fight. It's too bad that there is no competition for either of those women cause they are superb fighters to watch.
    Usman developing world class striking is scaryyyyy for the rest of the welterweights. Last 3 fights have been K.Os against dudes who were supposed to be better strikers then him. I know he was dominant and like him we have talked in this thread about how he hasn't been able to capture a big following/fan base. This K.O should go a ways in helping him build that. As dominant as GSP was and i still think Usman has a ways to go to catch him in G.O.A.T status George never had highlight finishes like those last 3 fights.

Rose is great. Didn't think she would be able to catch Weili like that since she stood and banged with Jonna but damm. She and Nunes are the 2 women right now who have legitamte K.O power ever time they step in the ring.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• As for Usmans next fight id like to see Leon. Think he dominants Diaz and would rather see him fight Leon and Wonderboy before circling back to Covington. Colby was a great fight and for sure like to see the rematch. But Leon has been right there waiting for a title shot for ever and has a similar skill set that would produce a good challenge for Kamaru
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
      X