Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I wanna see that money fight of DJ and winner of Garbrandt/Dillashaw. I think that'd be fun.
    I don't think johnson will fight cody.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Holy shit.

Am I the only one freaking out about Poirier and Diaz for UFC 230? That's gonna be a dog fight.
    I think that is a happy money fight gift to dustin for having to wait for khabib to smash connor. Setting up two good future cards.

Khabib/porrier
    Connor/diaz 3

Or it can go porrier/connor if connor somehow wins against khabib. Really good future options there for 155 fights.

I don't think diaz will fight khabib though. They would move lee up.

I think porrier beats diaz pretty badly because diaz will let it be a boxing match.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Holy shit.

Am I the only one freaking out about Poirier and Diaz for UFC 230? That's gonna be a dog fight.
    Didn't know until I read this ... that will be an awesome fight.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    except for cody/dillishaw 227 is pretty meh. they threw mighty mouse on there to get him some ppv money, because people will pay to watch cody knock tj out.

crazy pre/post tj/cruz i really liked tj. still think he is great, but now i think he is a whiner. if tj wins, i expect him to either fight mighty mouse or cruz.

if cody wins, i expect him to fight cruz again.

hope cejudo wins. became a big fan of his on ultimate fighter. i think he has the character to be a good role model, a lot like dc. really hope he wins.

if johnson wins, i hope he fights cruz again.
    I wanna see that money fight of DJ and winner of Garbrandt/Dillashaw. I think that'd be fun.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Holy shit.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    except for cody/dillishaw 227 is pretty meh. they threw mighty mouse on there to get him some ppv money, because people will pay to watch cody knock tj out.

crazy pre/post tj/cruz i really liked tj. still think he is great, but now i think he is a whiner. if tj wins, i expect him to either fight mighty mouse or cruz.

if cody wins, i expect him to fight cruz again.

hope cejudo wins. became a big fan of his on ultimate fighter. i think he has the character to be a good role model, a lot like dc. really hope he wins.

if johnson wins, i hope he fights cruz again.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    agreed, that watching a couple people mush around on the ground hand fighting, especially from a distance is not the most exciting thing to see live. i feel the same way about basketball. on t.v. it is very entertaining and fast paced, live i found the stoppages nearly unbearable.
    I like going to live prize fights - there is a distinct electricity in the air that you don't get at any other sporting event. It is also the best crowd/people watching sport.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Went to the fight on Saturday. I haven't looked up the stats but it seemed like a smallish crowd. Still, crowd was very loud and into the fights - not sure if that came across on tv or not. It was definitely a solid card and there were some entertaining fights.

One thing I forgot is how hard it is to actually watch fights live. Unless you are a knowledgeable fan it is almost impossible to see a lot. It's definitely one thing live boxing has over MMA - better live. Speaking of, I was actually surprised by how dated the presentation of the event looked. It may have just been cause we were sitting in a box and had a weird perspective on the cage but it looked a little cheap.
    agreed, that watching a couple people mush around on the ground hand fighting, especially from a distance is not the most exciting thing to see live. i feel the same way about basketball. on t.v. it is very entertaining and fast paced, live i found the stoppages nearly unbearable.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    porrier with a huge win. after khabib smashes conor, porrier will be next. i think they might make porrier fight kevin lee in the meantime but think he will beat lee as well. porrier has fantastic boxing. there was a point in that alvarez fight where he was just peppering eddie with touches again and again, right on point. looked great

happy joanna won, she seemed to get her groove as the fight wore on. a couple more contender wins and her confidence should be at champion level highs.

aldo with a w and lots of emotion. good to see him win. when i saw he was a +200 underdog i would have dropped money on him for sure. crazy liver shot. makes me wonder how much they actually hurt, because stevens is a tough guy and that was serious pain on his face.
    Went to the fight on Saturday. I haven't looked up the stats but it seemed like a smallish crowd. Still, crowd was very loud and into the fights - not sure if that came across on tv or not. It was definitely a solid card and there were some entertaining fights.

One thing I forgot is how hard it is to actually watch fights live. Unless you are a knowledgeable fan it is almost impossible to see a lot. It's definitely one thing live boxing has over MMA - better live. Speaking of, I was actually surprised by how dated the presentation of the event looked. It may have just been cause we were sitting in a box and had a weird perspective on the cage but it looked a little cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    porrier with a huge win. after khabib smashes conor, porrier will be next. i think they might make porrier fight kevin lee in the meantime but think he will beat lee as well. porrier has fantastic boxing. there was a point in that alvarez fight where he was just peppering eddie with touches again and again, right on point. looked great

happy joanna won, she seemed to get her groove as the fight wore on. a couple more contender wins and her confidence should be at champion level highs.

aldo with a w and lots of emotion. good to see him win. when i saw he was a +200 underdog i would have dropped money on him for sure. crazy liver shot. makes me wonder how much they actually hurt, because stevens is a tough guy and that was serious pain on his face.
    I know Cormier said it was a liver shot, but that was not a liver shot; liver shots are more side/back, than front-ribs like that one was. Still a wicked shot from Aldo though. That a shot to solar plexus/diaphragm , and honestly, that can be worse that the liver. There's a fuck ton of nerves and junk in there. Happy for Aldo. Never liked Stephens.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Alvarez porrier 2 is a great free fight.

Edit add: whole card is great. Joanna not on ppv, aldo/stevens. Aubin mercer
    Gonna be a damn good card.

I'm really interested to see how both Aldo and Joanna do tonight. I'd have to think, based on the decisions of the promotion lately, if they both take L's.. well, I'd have to think they'll have an even looooooooooonger ladder to climb to get back onto PPV.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Alvarez porrier 2 is a great free fight.

Edit add: whole card is great. Joanna not on ppv, aldo/stevens. Aubin mercer
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jul 28th, 2018, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Ngannou fought like a pussy. I think the L to Miocic was still in his head. Embarassing performance.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Everything else about DC > Mark Hunt. And Lesnar was JUICED to the T's as well while fighting Hunt ... so there's that.
    Cormier doesn't always look great but he knows how to win, he can take a punch, he's a great wrestler and he's got power. I wasn't shocked he beat Miocic. I thought the latter looked way too casual and he was clearly too predictable. I hope for DC's sake he gets Lesnar cause that would be a big money fight for him to cash in - even if he loses he wins!

That Ngannou fight, though, what a disgrace. Any news on whether the commission is taking a look at it? As I posted right after the fight, a more cynical man would say the fix was in....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X