X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    saturday going to be good and bad.

good to see tyron get back to actually fighting. i think he will beat till, and we will see him like he was before knocking out lawler. his title defenses against wonderboy, and maia were woodley playing as safely as he could. i think he if he plays that way against till, till knocks him out. he will be aggressive and hungry. this is going to be a good fight.

the bad will be shevchenko annihilating a "champion". i think a much better way to decide a new champion in a new weight division is an actual weight class tournament, and not the ultimate fighter. nicco is going to take a sever beating. i thought shevchenko beat nunes in their fight.

robbed of the best fight of the night with yair pulling out and zabit having to fight a no one.

andrade vs karolina is a really good fight.

riveria/dodson is a good fight.

i hate watching diego sanchez fights.

if yair had of stayed on this card it would be a really strong card. hopefully yamasaki is not the ref for the shevchenko fight, and it gets called when nicco can't actually defend herself.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    don't know if you guys saw this, but it is actually kind of terrifying.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    The timing aspect of mma is messed up. Everything depends on damage taken. Then everyone's body heals differently.

For me porrier really deserves a shot at the title. I don't think he has fought for a title in either of the divisions he has been in.

Kudos to him for taking nate, despite nate not being a title contender, but a big money fight and a story if somehow connor wins.

I think Lee needs a good top ranked fight where he makes weight before he gets a shot, and Tony already beat him.

I don't think iaquinta is a good fight for gaethje. I think gaethje's style allows raging al to knock him out. It would be super fun to watch though.
    Great points, I am a fan of Porrier. I really do hope he does get a chance at the title, and I was happy that he got a big money fight with Nate. I assume he's going to get some more exposure, esp. if he manages to win, or puts on a fantastic/controversial fight or finish.

I love Kevin Lee, but I'm confused on what to do with him. Like Gaethje, I think they're both just... there.

Because Tony never *loss* the title, he's going to get an immediate shot from Khabib/Conor. Just my gut feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I agree. I think the right move, though, would be Gaethje vs. Tony, and give Lee the winner of Porrier/Diaz.

After that, winner of Gaethje/Tony vs. winner of Lee/Porrier-Diaz.

THEN, winner of the above bout vs. winner of McGregor/Nurmagomedov for the lightweight title.

Timeline wise, I don't know how that'd work considering LW champ would have to wait quite a bit, unless they book any one of the bouts earlier.
    The timing aspect of mma is messed up. Everything depends on damage taken. Then everyone's body heals differently.

For me porrier really deserves a shot at the title. I don't think he has fought for a title in either of the divisions he has been in.

Kudos to him for taking nate, despite nate not being a title contender, but a big money fight and a story if somehow connor wins.

I think Lee needs a good top ranked fight where he makes weight before he gets a shot, and Tony already beat him.

I don't think iaquinta is a good fight for gaethje. I think gaethje's style allows raging al to knock him out. It would be super fun to watch though.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I think Al Iaquinta somehow sneaks in for a surprise bout with one of the above names.

I'd love to see Iaquinta and Gaethje. Slug fest for us all.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I would like to see a gathje Ferguson or Lee fight. Then let the winner get smashed by khabib, after khabib smashes connor, and then porrier.

I think khabib will not take much damage in the Conor mauling, so he should be set to fight porrier, if porrier beats nate, which I think he will do.

Gaethje can fight Tony or Lee while that fights is going, and then take a smashing from khabib after porrier.
    I agree. I think the right move, though, would be Gaethje vs. Tony, and give Lee the winner of Porrier/Diaz.

After that, winner of Gaethje/Tony vs. winner of Lee/Porrier-Diaz.

THEN, winner of the above bout vs. winner of McGregor/Nurmagomedov for the lightweight title.

Timeline wise, I don't know how that'd work considering LW champ would have to wait quite a bit, unless they book any one of the bouts earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    I wonder who's next...
    I would like to see a gathje Ferguson or Lee fight. Then let the winner get smashed by khabib, after khabib smashes connor, and then porrier.

I think khabib will not take much damage in the Conor mauling, so he should be set to fight porrier, if porrier beats nate, which I think he will do.

Gaethje can fight Tony or Lee while that fights is going, and then take a smashing from khabib after porrier.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Gaethje's knockout was sick.
    I wonder who's next...

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Gaethje's knockout was sick.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    We saw what happened when he got khabib. Johnson isn't a bad fighter, he is just not interesting or fan worthy. I don't know anyone that talks him up.

After people take beatings like johnson did, or carla Esparza I like to follow them and see if they grow. I don't think there is anything that can be more humbling than getting the living shit kicked out of you and no matter what you did to prepare or do will matter because the other person is just much better. In fighting it is just the most real a person can get with themselves, and fighter confidence is everything.
    Absolutely, I haven't followed that with some of the lesser known fighters, but, I'm watching Joanna, and now Cody, to see where they go from here.

Obviously Cormier getting the living shit kicked out of him then coming back to be a double-champ is a great story.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Was about to post something, I think Gaethje and Vick won't be the usual slug fest we get with 'The Highlight,' IF Vick says he's going to fight smart, but nonetheless, I expect there to be some really good moments.

Johnson is back, I never really liked him as a fighter, but he's an interesting name. I wonder where he sits in the lightweight division, but I don't think he'll get close to the upper tier.
    We saw what happened when he got khabib. Johnson isn't a bad fighter, he is just not interesting or fan worthy. I don't know anyone that talks him up.

After people take beatings like johnson did, or carla Esparza I like to follow them and see if they grow. I don't think there is anything that can be more humbling than getting the living shit kicked out of you and no matter what you did to prepare or do will matter because the other person is just much better. In fighting it is just the most real a person can get with themselves, and fighter confidence is everything.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    tonight's card has some good fighters on it. i think gaethje will beat vick. michael johnson is on there, ellenberger/barberena has a good chance for fight of the night, i like eryk anders, and then surprisingly mickey gall is on the under-card of a free card.
    Was about to post something, I think Gaethje and Vick won't be the usual slug fest we get with 'The Highlight,' IF Vick says he's going to fight smart, but nonetheless, I expect there to be some really good moments.

Johnson is back, I never really liked him as a fighter, but he's an interesting name. I wonder where he sits in the lightweight division, but I don't think he'll get close to the upper tier.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    tonight's card has some good fighters on it. i think gaethje will beat vick. michael johnson is on there, ellenberger/barberena has a good chance for fight of the night, i like eryk anders, and then surprisingly mickey gall is on the under-card of a free card.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I think it is a mistake for nunes to strike with cyborg. Fight smart like holly did. Amanda has the ground game to maybe do something there.

This is going to be a good fight. Maybe biggest fight in woman's history. If Amanda can win this some how. Wow.

I call cyborg by knockout.
    I totally agree. I think Nunes has to play her range right, and take advantage of the clinch. Cyborg might be the bigger woman but something about Nunes feels like she has an advantage in regards to her body composure.

I have to go against the odds, I think Nunes manages to knock her out.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    IT'S FU@#5ING HAPPENING. I CALLED THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN SOON. This is gonna be a crazy fight -- I think they'll both slug it out, but I want to see who's going to come in and have a gameplan from the start.
    I think it is a mistake for nunes to strike with cyborg. Fight smart like holly did. Amanda has the ground game to maybe do something there.

This is going to be a good fight. Maybe biggest fight in woman's history. If Amanda can win this some how. Wow.

I call cyborg by knockout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X