Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Smith looks super composed. Always thought he was being underrated coming into this fight. He looks really good so far.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    wow usman was unbelievable made Woodley look like he wasn't even on his level

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I don't know ... I'm pretty sure Lawler was out. Lol
    I was certain he was too. but the way he just popped up so fast makes me think he was okay. props to him if he wasn't out he was a really good sport about it most guys would have been livid

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I don't know ... I'm pretty sure Lawler was out. Lol

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    fuck shifty way to end that was looking like it would have been a sweet fight

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    last 3 fights on this card should all be good ones

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Damn ... Cody dropped again.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    anyone know where i can find a good stream for toniht, reddit is done now
    http://bfst.to/watch/mma-2.php

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    anyone know where i can find a good stream for toniht, reddit is done now

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Johnny walker baby

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Thought I'd drop this here for any of you older guys that remember these crazy times when MMA was just getting visible.

I remember UFC 1, a few buddies and I who used to always talk about how Boxing was dumb, we were so freaked out by UFC's first show, it was like the gods had answered our teenaged prayers.

They made it a sport, so they could get sanctioned, but the old days MMA didn't hide what it was, it was Bloodsport, and like it or leave it, at least it was honest about what it was doing.

So, for those that don't know, Sakuraba was a professional wrestler who got his rep as the Gracie Hunter first by beating Royler Gracie (he had already beat a number of Brazilian fighters) handing the Gracies their first defeat in professional fighting in decades. But it was controversial because Royler refused to tap and the ref stopped the fight.

The next Gracie fight was against Royce and the Gracies demanded that there be no time limit, no ref stoppages and no judges. They fought for ~90 minutes (6, 15 minute rounds - Gracies wanted no rounds but Sakuraba insisted). The long fight actually worked against Gracie and Sakuraba ended up breaking his leg with kicks when Gracie was on the ground trying to pull guard probably during the 6th round. Amazingly, Sakuraba actually went back out to fight the semi-final match and lasted a full 30 minutes before throwing in the towel before overtime. He followed that up by beating both Renzo and Ryan Gracie.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    is that next week Meik??

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    the two main events have little interest for me. i hope jones loses. either usman or woodley doesn't matter to me, i just want to see woodley smash colby.

the rest of the card is amazeballs
    cody back vs munoz is a great fight, stephens/zabit, walker/cirkunov (walker fought like two weeks ago), and the return of lawler against the debut of askren.

great card.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Thought I'd drop this here for any of you older guys that remember these crazy times when MMA was just getting visible.

I remember UFC 1, a few buddies and I who used to always talk about how Boxing was dumb, we were so freaked out by UFC's first show, it was like the gods had answered our teenaged prayers.

They made it a sport, so they could get sanctioned, but the old days MMA didn't hide what it was, it was Bloodsport, and like it or leave it, at least it was honest about what it was doing.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    And definitely one of the best UFC fighters of all time. Not as spectacular as Silva but as close to a perfect fighter as you're going to watch.

I'm actually glad though that he is hanging them up. He has nothing to prove and you don't want to hang around too long. I always look at what has happened to Sakuraba who was maybe the greatest MMA fighter in his prime and only did harm to his reputation by continuing well after his best before date. Having said that, would have loved to watched him fight Khabib..... I think the UFC missed the boat on that one.
    I actually would prefer he kick Woodleys teeth in first, but again, there will always be a new guy right, howlong does he gotta keep kncocking um down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X