X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Problem is the perception is, lost to cruz and ran into a new weight class that gives him no competition. Johnson was kicking ass before he fought cruz.

Skill wise/martial artist wise he is without doubt in the conversation.

Personally, i think he can't beat any of cruz, cody, or tj.
    I'd love to see DJ vs. Joanna. LOL Same weightclass, right?

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Problem is the perception is, lost to cruz and ran into a new weight class that gives him no competition. Johnson was kicking ass before he fought cruz.

I agree, I think those guys are all on a different tier of fighters, though, regardless of what their weight class is.

I think if I were to rank tiers in terms of skill/ability:
    If you think I'm wrong, I'm definitely open.

Tier 1: GSP, Jon Jones, Conor, Khabib, Cormier, Woodley, Diaz brothers, Nunes, Cyborg
    Tier 2: Dillashaw, Cody, Cruz, Dj, Aldo, Miocic, Holm, Joanna
    Tier 3: Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Wonderboy, Ngannou, Alvarez
    Tier 4: all the flyweights lol

I didn't include everyone, just people off the top of my head that are relevant to me right now.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Goddamn, DJ is my favourite fighter, if he fights the bantamweight champ and wins, I think that cements him in the G.O.A.T conversation.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I think that is a happy money fight gift to dustin for having to wait for khabib to smash connor. Setting up two good future cards.

Khabib/porrier
    Connor/diaz 3

Or it can go porrier/connor if connor somehow wins against khabib. Really good future options there for 155 fights.

I don't think diaz will fight khabib though. They would move lee up.

I think porrier beats diaz pretty badly because diaz will let it be a boxing match.
    Yeah, I think a Kevin Lee fight is waiting in the wings somewhere. He's bound to fight any of those guys, personally, I'd love to see Lee/Diaz at 170. Diaz obviously has the advantage fighting there for a big part of his career, but that'd be an insane fight.

Also, side note, someone get Gaethje in another brawl, I love watching him go at it. I still can't believe he attempted a fucking rolling thunder. Love it.

I don't think johnson will fight cody.
    Goddamn, DJ is my favourite fighter, if he fights the bantamweight champ and wins, I think that cements him in the G.O.A.T conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I wanna see that money fight of DJ and winner of Garbrandt/Dillashaw. I think that'd be fun.
    I don't think johnson will fight cody.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X