Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh and I had thought Cormier was upset that Big John let Bones get extra shots in ... nope. Apparently he was mad it was stopped prematurely .. geezus Cormier, you tough SOB. Lol

    Comment


    • Cyborg vs Ronda Rousey. Who wins?

      Comment


      • TRex wrote: View Post
        Cyborg vs Ronda Rousey. Who wins?
        cyborg. rousey can't take a punch and fights 10 pounds lighter than cyborg.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Oh and I had thought Cormier was upset that Big John let Bones get extra shots in ... nope. Apparently he was mad it was stopped prematurely .. geezus Cormier, you tough SOB. Lol
          yes, i feel so bad for him because that was the best shape i have ever seen him in, and he was winning. one mistake, and jones was all over him. can't turtle for that long. if he rolled or grabbed at a leg or anything beside turtle then big jon would have given him the benefit of the doubt. that was a good stoppage, and at 38 pride isn't worth your mental capacity for the rest of your life.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            Wow, Dana pulled the GSP fight from Woodley because of that shit fight - giving it back to Bisping... that's interesting.
            this is a bad decision in my opinion. the only way for woodley to headline a card now is with a gsp fight, and i think it is his only chance to show what he can do. after cowboy beat lawler they might give him the shot. i also think that the company likes bisping and wants to give him a big money fight. gsp-bisping in toronto or montreal is huge last fight for bisping to cash out on.

            Comment


            • Cormier became one of only 5 fighters in UFC history to bank a $1M fight purse ... I feel less bad for him. That's proper recognition there. Plus with the PPV money, dude probably made like $5M last night. He's good.

              Comment


              • How did anyone think Cormier won two rounds? You could make an argument he maybe, maybe barely won the second round by a nose but Jones was landing at will and controlling the fight. Jones' reach advantage was just too much. And that fight should have been stopped earlier. That ending was painful to watch.

                It actually was a disappointing card. The Cyborg fight was a total farce. That soup can they put in there with her looked like they threw her on a bus the night before and paid her $50 and a $10 meal voucher. I loved how the announcers were trying to sell that fight while that poor woman was being used as a punching bag. UFC should be ashamed and the roided out "Cyborg" has nothing to celebrate.

                The Woodley-Maia match was a joke. Both fighters were fighting not to lose but at least Maia had the excuse he had one eye for 95% of the fight. I do not like how Woodley fights. I get that he wins with defense but the constant back to the cage stuff and his staring matches are not interesting to watch. Not sure who he fights next and I don't care. It's really too bad McDonald ran into a rejuvenated Lawlor. He would have been a terrific, exciting champion but the Lawlor fights really killed his mojo.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Considering I read the cheapest seats were $3,500 it's totally understandable.

                    Still not sure where I'll be watching, but I sure as shit am not paying $100 to order the PPV.
                    The Double Champ is here!
                    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                    Comment


                    • Mack North wrote: View Post
                      Considering I read the cheapest seats were $3,500 it's totally understandable.

                      Still not sure where I'll be watching, but I sure as shit am not paying $100 to order the PPV.
                      Irish bookie ad on ppv is excellent lol.

                      Ok embed doesn't work on this sub forum, here's the link: https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...98917856976896

                      Comment


                      • Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Considering I read the cheapest seats were $3,500 it's totally understandable.

                        Still not sure where I'll be watching, but I sure as shit am not paying $100 to order the PPV.
                        We considered taking a client down to the fight but the tickets are outrageous. We were looking at $30,000 US for 4 seats! We're doing a client event at a bar instead and it is cheaper for us to rent out the entire place, pay the licensing fee and have an open bar than it was for 4 of us to go to Vegas....

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post
                          We considered taking a client down to the fight but the tickets are outrageous. We were looking at $30,000 US for 4 seats! We're doing a client event at a bar instead and it is cheaper for us to rent out the entire place, pay the licensing fee and have an open bar than it was for 4 of us to go to Vegas....
                          Do you know how UFC calculate the license fee? Are they looking at fire code limits?

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Do you know how UFC calculate the license fee? Are they looking at fire code limits?
                            Haven't been involved in the organizing to that level of detail. All I've seen is the all-in cost from the venue. Venue does the rest including setting limits on number of people, etc.

                            Comment


                            • Smh



                              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 4th, 2017, 08:33 AM.

                              Comment


                              • free card this week is one fight deep. pettis/moreno should be good. moreno should win with another rear naked choke. pettis could take it with strkes or decision.

                                i like jouban but everytime i watch him he loses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X