The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Jon Jones cleared to fight Oct. 28th. Great timing for MSG. Wonder how much the check that Dana sent to USADA was for. Lol
    I love Jones, but we all know the minimum was a four-year suspension. He's now on record for "unintentionally" taking banned substances TWICE. Please.

Cormier/Brock, and give Jones to Gustafsson. BUT, if Brock isn't ready for a fight by the end of the year, I'm sure Cormier could make 205 by MSG (maybe, might, lol).

Crazy. The UFC went from not knowing what's happening with Diaz/Conor, Ferguson's rehab, Jones' up-in-the-air suspension, to having all of those guys fighting/likely fighting by the end of 2018, not to mention Brock Lesnar back.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Thu Sep 20, 2018, 02:53 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• just finished the connor/khabib presser. khabib looks much bigger than connor in the chest/shoulders. connor tried his best, did some advertising, and looked nervous to me. he was stuttering and searching for words, looked much more prepared then his previous encounters. he also might have been drunk.

khabib will win.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        just finished the connor/khabib presser. khabib looks much bigger than connor in the chest/shoulders. connor tried his best, did some advertising, and looked nervous to me. he was stuttering and searching for words, looked much more prepared then his previous encounters. he also might have been drunk.

khabib will win.
        I was going to say...

Conor McGregor, maybe for the first time of all his press conference tyrades, genuinely looks mad and angry. Anything Khabib said, as minimal as it already was, really had him fired up. I'm afraid this may backfire on him. I'm rooting for Conor to win, I love his fighting style and he's one of the few in the fight business with that personality that is actually likeable.

BUT, Khabib is also the first, even better than Nate, to shrug Conor's verbal bullets. None of it really ever bothered him, and without the fans, which Conor feeds off of soooooooo much, you can see Conor is vulnerable.

Comment

• I've never really enjoyed Conor's shtick .. I enjoy him as a fighter, but ya .. I've always been able to get through his bullshit, but fuck man, that press conference was unwatchable for me. Lol

Very impressed with Khabib though in keeping his composure. Completely unfazed by Conor's bullshit.
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Sep 22, 2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Why isn't it Saturday yet? Can't wait for my new khabib mauling connor avatar.

Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Oct 2, 2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• I'm not very excited for this fight to be honest, I thought the lead up was mediocre.

I'm more excited for UFC 230, this upcoming card doesn't really excite me. I'm a McGregor fan, make no mistake, but, this is the worst matchup for him of all time. I'll be surprised if Conor lasts two rounds with the amount of pressure Khabib is gonna lay on him.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                I'm not very excited for this fight to be honest, I thought the lead up was mediocre.

I'm more excited for UFC 230, this upcoming card doesn't really excite me. I'm a McGregor fan, make no mistake, but, this is the worst matchup for him of all time. I'll be surprised if Conor lasts two rounds with the amount of pressure Khabib is gonna lay on him.
                i am mostly excited to watch history either way. either khabib lays a beating for the ages on connor, until he quits in the cornor and makes everything khabib has said true, or the 5 round cards read 50-43, 50-42, and 50-44 for the winner, and still light weight champion khabib "the eagle" nurmagamedov. or connor wins and becomes legend.

the biggest payoff here is if khabib puts a beating on connor so bad he quits that connor will want the rematch. khabib is a boss and will say no. connor destroyed.

losing sugar sean hurts a ton, but i love the black beast, i like showtime pettis, and am still a gray maynard fan.
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Oct 2, 2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

i am mostly excited to watch history either way. either khabib lays a beating for the ages on connor, until he quits in the connor and makes everything khabib has said true, or the 5 round cards read 50-43, 50-42, and 50-44 for the winner, and still light weight champion khabib "the eagle" nurmagamedov. or connor wins and becomes legend.

the biggest payoff here is if khabib puts a beating on connor so bad he quits that connor will want the rematch. khabib is a boss and will say no. connor destroyed.

losing sugar sean hurts a ton, but i love the black beast, i like showtime pettis, and am still a gray maynard fan.
                  Shit, how could I forget about Showtime Pettis and Ferguson. That is gonna be a CLUSTERFUCK.

p.s. wtf was that ridiculous weight lifting spinning shit Tony was doing? That was hilarious.

On the other end, I'm not that excited because I'm a Conor fan, and I'm not stupid enough to think Conor has the best chance in this fight. I'll be shocked if it ends up anything else other than a complete mauling.

... but hey, if Conor wins by knockout, I'll probably be yelling in my house, come on here and type in all-caps.

Comment

• Nurmagomedov vs McGregor set for UFC229 on Oct 6th

Aright guys it is ON. I wanna be pumped, but I don’t think I’ll truly be excited for the fight until both of them step off the scale.

Watch McGregor Vs Khabib Live Stream

Comment

• lol. going to be an epic mauling from khabib. connor will slink away and fight nate for the 3rd time. one more day. hearing khabib is going to retire if he wins. hope he doesn't. i hope he defends at least once. matt sera was a champion by defeating greatest ever, but lost it immediately. have to defend at least once to be recognized.

Comment

lol. going to be an epic mauling from khabib. connor will slink away and fight nate for the 3rd time. one more day. hearing khabib is going to retire if he wins. hope he doesn't. i hope he defends at least once. matt sera was a champion by defeating greatest ever, but lost it immediately. have to defend at least once to be recognized.
                        I want to see Khabib vs GSP more than I want to see Connor vs GSP. Hope somehow that happens if Khabib wins. But Dana has had a grudge against GSP ever since he spoke out against steroids and did not return to rematch Hendricks... who was on steroids. So Dana the dictator won't give him that fight. Has nothing to do with abandoning the belt after he wins it. Dana has been letting fighters do that left, right and center.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                          I want to see Khabib vs GSP more than I want to see Connor vs GSP. Hope somehow that happens if Khabib wins. But Dana has had a grudge against GSP ever since he spoke out against steroids and did not return to rematch Hendricks... who was on steroids. So Dana the dictator won't give him that fight. Has nothing to do with abandoning the belt after he wins it. Dana has been letting fighters do that left, right and center.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
                          i don't think hendricks was on steriods. i think he was an intravenous rehydrater. usada brought drug testing but also outlawed rehydrating with iv drips, which is faster/ more efficient than drinking.

gsp/khabib would be such a good fight. i think gsp would jab him to death koshchek style. i agree that dana hates george, but khabib vs gsp in toronto or montreal would be massive massive money, and i think dana likes money most of all.

Comment

• We have a Fight!!

Comment

i don't think hendricks was on steriods. i think he was an intravenous rehydrater. usada brought drug testing but also outlawed rehydrating with iv drips, which is faster/ more efficient than drinking.

gsp/khabib would be such a good fight. i think gsp would jab him to death koshchek style. i agree that dana hates george, but khabib vs gsp in toronto or montreal would be massive massive money, and i think dana likes money most of all.
                              Whoever wins tomorrow night's bout, I think, faces GSP in Toronto at UFC 231. Book it.

Make me the match-maker!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X