Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Whaaat?! Goddamnit!

Edit: Shit, Doctors orders because weight issues .. probably severe dehydration. I guess he was transported to the hospital and is still there?
    released but yeah. drs didn't clear him medically. fergusson was all class in his twitter feed. alvarez offered to step in

Comment

• I think that was the first time I ever saw hunt knocked out

Comment

• Thought wonderboy won but the fans lost. To be the man you have to beat the man. Woo

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          Thought wonderboy won but the fans lost. To be the man you have to beat the man. Woo
          I bought the fight before the cancellation, so I was stuck with it. Main event was terrible. Both guys were trying not to lose as opposed to trying to win - same as the first fight. How Woodley has managed to get the title speaks to how far off that weight class has fallen since GSP left.

I can't say either fighter did himself any favours over these two fights. I certainly won't buy another PPV with either guy main eventing it....

Comment

• Agree 100%. I am more disappointed with wonderboy. I think that the challenger has to take the belt. The guy on top of the mountain only has to hold the mountain. Very disappointing

Comment

• What do people think about the GSP vs Bisping fight? UFC already holding a press conference to drum up hype .. not a bad move considering how they really don't have much going for them right now in terms of BIG fights..

Really hope GSP beats Bisping, but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure he can beat some of the top guys in that division... Yoel scares the crap out of me, and he apparently scares Bisping as well. Lol

Comment

• i hope gsp doesn't try and be a trash talker. hope he sticks with his keeping his mouth shut, respect and making his opponents eat their words.

he can beat bisping. yoel and rockhold will beat him. i do hope he fights silva before silva retires. i think that if he looks good against bisping he can still take the 170 division.

the free card this week has a few good fights as well.

Comment

• this fight was incredible. wow

Comment

What do people think about the GSP vs Bisping fight? UFC already holding a press conference to drum up hype .. not a bad move considering how they really don't have much going for them right now in terms of BIG fights..

Really hope GSP beats Bisping, but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure he can beat some of the top guys in that division... Yoel scares the crap out of me, and he apparently scares Bisping as well. Lol
                    He should beat Bisping. GSP is probably the most intelligent, strategic fighter of all time, and I don't think he would mess with his legacy risking a loss to a tomato can like Bisping who is only even in the conversation because of a 'lucky' win vs. Rockhold. Georges will take him down over and over again and dominate. Might not be entertaining in the classic sense, but he should win, no doubt.

That's what was interesting about the press conference; GSP said he had "plans" already in place for the rest of his career. I don't think he could beat Romero or many of the other good fighters in the LHW division, and I think he knows that, so I wonder if he plans to move back down to 170 after taking the belt off Bisping. Strange move for UFC to make if that's the case, though, since it would mean demeaning another belt with a champ who has no intention to defend...

I'd love to see GSP-McGregor. I think it would be a VERY interesting fight if GSP is back to his pre-retirement self. He doesn't have Mac's power, but he had the best jab in MMA when he retired and put a pasting on Nick Diaz, plus it's well-known he also has some of the best wrestling in MMA, so McGregor would probably spend a lot of time on his back...
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

What do people think about the GSP vs Bisping fight? UFC already holding a press conference to drum up hype .. not a bad move considering how they really don't have much going for them right now in terms of BIG fights..

I've though I read something about GSP having no intention of going down to 170 as he doesn't want to try and make weight under the new rules, plus, he's older now and that weight cut is much harder for him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        I've though I read something about GSP having no intention of going down to 170 as he doesn't want to try and make weight under the new rules, plus, he's older now and that weight cut is much harder for him.
                        He said in the presser on Friday that he walks around at 180-185 (and will be trying to add some "efficient" weight for Bisping but that he knows he'll still be the smaller man), so I can't imagine a cut to welterweight is a problem even now. Some of those guys still walk around at ~200lbs before cutting.

I do remember when there was talk of a Silva fight that, if he went up to 185 to fight Anderson, he would stay at that weight class rather than put his body through the rigours of going up and down. Not sure if that was just his way of playing down the possible fight...

If he takes out Bisping, he's the MW champ. What then? #1 contender is Yoel, no mistake, and that's a deadly fight for a small MW with no KO power like GSP. Does he give up the belt and move down to try to take back the WW title from Woodley? I don't think he would have done that if Wonderboy had won, but now...? I think GSP would think he could win that fight. Two titles in a few months after a 3-year layoff? Legend?

Can GSP beat anyone other than Bisping at MW? Yoel? Jacare? Rockhold? Weidman? Yeesh, that's a murderer's row... At WW, he's still right there, IMO. Then there are the random fights that would classify as "money fights" that he could fight at some catchweight - either Diaz brother, McGregor, Anderson, Condit if he's not retired...

Will be interesting to see if a) he's really back and at an elite level (can't imagine he'd risk trying this if not), and b) what his master plan is for what are probably the last 3-4 fights of his career...
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• I could see him stepping down to WW to fight Woodley. Two belts would make sense. Silva makes sense as a fight people would want to see but Silva looked awful in that comeback fight, not sure he was that much left in him, so, presumably that fight would need to take place asap. The Connor/GSP fight would be gold for UFC. You have to think that's the brass ring for all involved.....

Comment

• GSP saying today that he could get down to Lightweight no problem ... Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_Wgdf6UV8

Comment

GSP saying today that he could get down to Lightweight no problem ... Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_Wgdf6UV8
                              I think he's really serious about playing the 'stock market' for his last few fights. See who's the next best challenge/money fight/legacy-builder after each fight.

- Win the MW title in early July (White talked about wanting it during International Fight Week)

- Fight again in what, November/December/January? Woodley is probably going to have to defend the WW title before then. Maia vs. Masvidal, the likely top contenders, are fighting at the end of April. Do we get Maia/Masvidal vs. Woodley around the same time as the Bisping-GSP fight?

- if Maia is the champ when GSP is ready to fight again, I'm not sure that fight is appealing to the UFC (for hardcore fight fans, on the other hand, that would be a grappling clinic!). Masvidal, I don't think that fight does anything for GSP's legacy and would be a risky fight, style-wise. If it's Woodley, I think GSP wants and gets that fight, and I think he could beat Woodley. Two belts, check.

- McGregor was already talking about taking a vacation until the summer after his last fight, before all the Mayweather stuff. So he might be fighting also around the same time as the rest. With Ferguson/Khabib going bust, the #1 contender is still not solid. If Conor fights in, say, August, it would still likely be one of those two. Both are a tough fight for him, but I think he would beat Ferguson.

So by the time GSP is ready to fight again post-Bisping, it's possible he could have his choice of title fights in either the WW or LW division... and could be holding the MW belt at the same time.... From a physical perspective, you would think he's probably only going to go in one direction before he retires, so WW before dropping to LW...

The only question is what happens to all the belts, and does he ever defend even one of them if he wins? You have to think the UFC has at least considered the possibility and must have some kind of plan in place...

Comment

• tomorrows card is pretty good. i like gastelum. the barboza/dariush fight could be really good. i also like oliveira. not super excited for the shogun fight though.

a good free card.

Comment

Working...
                                X