No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cormier dropping some Wisdom Bombs with Ariel today, when asked about finding a silver lining in it all:
    "The silver lining doesn't erase the bottom line." -Daniel Cormier

Insightful watch. He's a top notch dude.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Cormier dropping some Wisdom Bombs with Ariel today, when asked about finding a silver lining in it all:

Insightful watch. He's a top notch dude.
      I like him more as a broadcaster than as a fighter. Dude is totally genuine and solid.

Thanks for sharing.
      RR OG

Comment

• Both Mayweather and Conor will use 8-oz gloves.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Both Mayweather and Conor will use 8-oz gloves.
          Mayweather is happy. Conor is happy. But who actually benefits? I'm saying Floyd, since I think Mcgregors power is overrated. Smaller gloves = more openings for the more skilled fighter. Plus I think Floyd really wants to knock Mac out, not go to a decision; think that's why his camp requested the smaller gloves. Macs hubris is going to be his downfall.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
            Mayweather is happy. Conor is happy. But who actually benefits? I'm saying Floyd, since I think Mcgregors power is overrated. Smaller gloves = more openings for the more skilled fighter. Plus I think Floyd really wants to knock Mac out, not go to a decision; think that's why his camp requested the smaller gloves. Macs hubris is going to be his downfall.
            It should benefit Conor (by default). But it won't be the case here imo. He won't land many shots anyway.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              It should benefit Conor (by default). But it won't be the case here imo. He won't land many shots anyway.
              Floyd has fought wearing 8oz. gloves in most of his fights. It'll give him the comfort he's used to and maintain his dexterity and hand speed (as diminished as they may be).
              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Aug 19, 2017, 07:22 AM.
              RR OG

Comment

• Damn UFC 217 is looking great

Comment

• It has one great looking fight but a lot of meh there too. 216 looks meh too. I thought that gsp/bisping was going to be on 217 though.

Comment

• I wish wish wish that Connor beats Floyd. It is like the 649 "Just imagine"

"Hi mom, guess what?"
                    "Connor dropped floyd"

Comment

• Fuck Jon Jones man. Why do they keep giving this guy a chance? enough of this CLOWN already.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/900157456013291520
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wow ... Just read this ... will wait to see how it turns out, but that is BAD.... damn.

Comment

• Statement from Jones' Management:
                          We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination. Jon is crushed by this news and we are doing whatever we can as a team, to support him.
                          Source

Comment

• if true does dc get the belt back? does he puke out the humble pie? is bones a real life thanos who just makes sure he can't win?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Statement from Jones' Management:

Comment

• Reading today that the Vegas books are getting nervous about the Mayweather-Macgregor fight and are hoping for some big Mayweather bets late in the week. MGM apparently has 6,000 more tickets for Conor than Floyd. That's insane....

rocwell, time to make some money!

Comment

Working...
                                X