No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow I have never seen so many $1M bets on one fight. Never. I suspect Vegas won't make any profit either way. That feels great

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Wow I have never seen so many $1M bets on one fight. Never. I suspect Vegas won't make any profit either way. That feels great
      6th $1m bet on Floyd has just been placed!

Comment

• Great fight. Really enjoyed it. Was never really in doubt, but Conor managed to get out of there without getting knocked out cold, so thats a win for him. But really, win for both of them $$$$.

Ugly boxing match. Entertaining fight.

Comment

• A retired athlete raking in $350m in one night. Damn

Comment

• Floyd tried to bet 400K on himself......

https://www.thescore.com/news/1359501
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                A retired athlete raking in $350m in one night. Damn
                Reading today McGregor will end up over $100,000,000 and Mayweather will be around $300,000,000.

Crazy money for McGregor who has never made more than $3,000,000 for a fight. He also starts like a 2-year residency at Wynn resorts which is basically living like a king for free.... Good for him.

Comment

• The biggest loser here, potentially, is the UFC. McGregor's negotiating power with them has definitely improved dramatically, plus, this will now encourage other fights to try to find unique opportunities - they may not be $100M paydays but even if guys can make a few million for a fight of some sort it is way more than they will make for a comparable UFC fight. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the next couple years....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The biggest loser here, potentially, is the UFC. McGregor's negotiating power with them has definitely improved dramatically, plus, this will now encourage other fights to try to find unique opportunities - they may not be $100M paydays but even if guys can make a few million for a fight of some sort it is way more than they will make for a comparable UFC fight. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the next couple years....
                    i don't think so. i think a ton of players have already tried to follow connor's example and have failed because they aren't bringing in the ppv. all woodley talks about is money fights but no one will pay to watch him. george brings in good numbers, but connor is just so far ahead. we have seen shamrock go to wwf, and if connor got beat the way some people expected he would then i think we can't even talk about this. if there was no entertainment in that fight, they wouldn't get the opportunity to do it again. so we need boxers, like stipe, to match make with boxing champs. stipe doesn't bring in enough ppv for the boxing world to invest in the fight.

Comment

• Maybe, but nobody thought McGregor-Mayweather would happen 2 years ago.

Now, you have to think McGregor is done with UFC. He has a bigger platform right now than probably any fighter in the world and the potential to bank at least one more massive payday. Why would he give UFC any cut of that? UFC needs Conor way more than he needs it - anyone stoked for the fight of the year: Michael "Accidental Champion" Bisping vs. Georges "Rushed out of Retirement to give the UFC a bankable fight in 2017" St. Pierre?

The only star the promotion has left is Jon Jones and he's likely done after the last PED test.

Comment

Maybe, but nobody thought McGregor-Mayweather would happen 2 years ago.

Now, you have to think McGregor is done with UFC. He has a bigger platform right now than probably any fighter in the world and the potential to bank at least one more massive payday. Why would he give UFC any cut of that? UFC needs Conor way more than he needs it - anyone stoked for the fight of the year: Michael "Accidental Champion" Bisping vs. Georges "Rushed out of Retirement to give the UFC a bankable fight in 2017" St. Pierre?

The only star the promotion has left is Jon Jones and he's likely done after the last PED test.
                        if connor khabib in russia happens that is big money

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          if connor khabib in russia happens that is big money
                          That fight is never happening.... No way UFC risks Conor in that fight.

I still think they are angling for a St. Pierre-McGregor superfight. Let GSP beat up Bisping, out-point Woodley, and then McGregor gets to try to make history with belts in 3 weight divisions against an aging GSP..... Meanwhile, Conor maybe boxes again....

Comment

Maybe, but nobody thought McGregor-Mayweather would happen 2 years ago.

It is my understanding that Mcgregor didnt have to give the UFC any cut of the Mayweather fight either since he applied for a boxing licence and is now protected under the Ali Act. Based on past interviews it seems like he wants part ownership of the UFC and even Dana White has suggested that could be a possibility. Im guessing thats why he included UFC in this deal and may be willing to do so in the future for any similar deal too.

Comment

That fight is never happening.... No way UFC risks Conor in that fight.

I still think they are angling for a St. Pierre-McGregor superfight. Let GSP beat up Bisping, out-point Woodley, and then McGregor gets to try to make history with belts in 3 weight divisions against an aging GSP..... Meanwhile, Conor maybe boxes again....
                              I agree. I said as soon as GSP annouced he was coming back and wants to make history that it was the perfect time for him to try to get a belt in 3 weight classes. He said himself he can fight at 3 weights. Assuming the UFC doesnt make him defend the Middleweight belt which he may be forced to do. But he said he has 3 or 4 fights left so could still work.

Comment

Reading today McGregor will end up over $100,000,000 and Mayweather will be around $300,000,000.

Crazy money for McGregor who has never made more than $3,000,000 for a fight. He also starts like a 2-year residency at Wynn resorts which is basically living like a king for free.... Good for him.
                                That's not entirely true I don't think. With PPVs included with the initial purse (as is reflected by the $100M), I'm almost positive he's pulled about $10M per fight from UFC.

But regardless, ya the money is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X