No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poirier/Showtime is great. crazy second round.

Comment

• I didn't even know this was a thing, but how the HELL was Bisping cleared to fight only 3 weeks after getting choked unconscious by GSP? That is ridiculous, negligent and completely irresponsible of the UFC. Dana should be ashamed of himself that he allowed that to happen. I don't care if he "really wanted it" or was cleared by "Doctors".
      Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I didn't even know this was a thing, but how the HELL was Bisping cleared to fight only 3 weeks after getting choked unconscious by GSP? That is ridiculous, negligent and completely irresponsible of the UFC. Dana should be ashamed of himself that he allowed that to happen.
        choked out is not the same as knocked out neurologically. if the drs pass him, he is good to go. if he loses in 5 rounds, or wins then no one is talking about this. he did the ufc a solid and probably made a ton of money. no way him and his family didn't understand all the risks involved.

dana actually tried to stop chris leben from fighting in other organizations to protect him from himself. he wouldn't schedule leben fights and wouldn't let him out of his contract for a long time.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          choked out is not the same as knocked out neurologically. if the drs pass him, he is good to go. if he loses in 5 rounds, or wins then no one is talking about this. he did the ufc a solid and probably made a ton of money. no way him and his family didn't understand all the risks involved.

dana actually tried to stop chris leben from fighting in other organizations to protect him from himself. he wouldn't schedule leben fights and wouldn't let him out of his contract for a long time.
          The punch that dropped Bisping before getting choked out was easily in concussion territory in my opinion.

And good on him for looking out for Leben ... dude was basically brain dead by the end of it. Lol
          He should have done more to dissuade Bisping from this fight.

But as such, Bisping now holds the record for most times being dropped/knocked down in the Octagon. CTE is a real thing and it's not just in the NFL.

Comment

But as such, Bisping now holds the record for most times being dropped/knocked down in the Octagon. CTE is a real thing and it's not just in the NFL.
            shitty record to hold. cte is terrifying, and definitely real. that is where the drs come in and if they cleared him to fight, then he was cleared to fight. pre-fight it was "gangster" of bisping to fight again after three weeks, and "genius" to get two fights out of one camp.

i would hope that they all have very good insurance in case of cte, and other injuries.

in my view, if the drs clear him, then he is good to go and a grown man makes a grown man decision. if we were given the choice between millions of dollars and the potential for brain damage, or not millions of dollars and the potential for brain damage i think we would make that choice for our children as well. i doubt that that one punch was going to do more damage than anything else he has taken.

Comment

• UFC 218 turned out to be a pretty solid show. Alvarez vs However-you-spell-it was epic.
              Ngannou has hands made of concrete apparently.
              And Holloway is the real deal.

Comment

UFC 218 turned out to be a pretty solid show. Alvarez vs However-you-spell-it was epic.
                Ngannou has hands made of concrete apparently.
                And Holloway is the real deal.
                I missed this one.
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Dec 4, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  I missed this one.
                  You should watch it. At least those 3 fights for sure. Well worth it.

I missed Yancy Medeiros and Alex Oliveira, but that's supposed to be one of the better fights in recent memory as well. Will have to try and find that.

Edit: Found it...
                  https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Alex...art_1/10201288
                  https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Yanc...art_2/10201289
                  LOL I don't think I've ever heard so many "Whoa!"'s and "Wooo!"s from Joe Rogan in a single round before. This fight IS nuts.
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 4, 2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Looks like GSP has come out and said he will not defend the middleweight belt and would like to go down in weight.

Dana White is going to lose his mind. Wonder if we ever see GSP fight again...

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                      Looks like GSP has come out and said he will not defend the middleweight belt and would like to go down in weight.

Dana White is going to lose his mind. Wonder if we ever see GSP fight again...
                      For sure we will. UFC is running out of he sellable acts, and GSP is one of the few that still sells.

Not going to lie, I have enjoyed watching Rockhold go bananas over the last few months because of this. Lol

Comment

• The mobile site just went competely bonkers and is super broken right now. Wtf.

Comment

• inside the octagon should be up soon too. hardy praising khabib is going to be sweet. barbosa going to get fucked up.

Comment

• khabib makes weight.

Comment

• Hahaha

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good job holly. Thought some of her early high kicks should have been body kicks, but she did better than anyone else

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X