No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday afternoon, following the UFC 223 media day at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, an incident in the facility injured two athletes on Saturday's card, forcing them to be pulled from the event.

Lightweight Michael Chiesa, who received several facial cuts, was deemed unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and the UFC medical team, and he was removed from his bout against Anthony Pettis.

Flyweight Ray Borg, who was scheduled to face Brandon Moreno, was deemed unfit to fight as well due to multiple corneal abrasions.

Also removed from the card was the featherweight bout between Artem Lobov and Alex Caceres due to Lobov's involvement in the incident.

UFC 223 will proceed as scheduled with 10 bouts.

Comment

• Comment

• MMA superstar Conor McGregor is CHARGED with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief after frenzied attack on rival fighters in their tour bus in Brooklyn that left two injured
        • Conor McGregor turned himself in to New York City police on Thursday night
        • McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief, the New York Police Department said
        • Footage shows moment McGregor picks up a dolly and hurls it at his rivals' bus after UFC 223 media day at Barclays Center in New York City
        • UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa was injured, suffering a laceration to his face and has been ruled out of Saturday's UFC 223
        • Flyweight Ray Borg will also not be taking part in his fight against Brandon Moreno due to 'multiple cornea abrasions', the UFC said in a statement
        • McGregor and his posse were not scheduled to attend Thursday's press conference, but showed up and pursued a team of rivals near the loading dock
        • McGregor was scheduled to lose his UFC lightweight belt on Saturday to the winner of the title bout between Max Holloway and Nurmagomedov
        • Dana White previously ruled that he would have to forfeit the belt to whomever won Saturday's fight because he hasn't participated in a UFC event since 2016
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...itors-bus.html

He deserves to go to jail or pay through the nose. MMA fighters don't get to play by a separate set of rules in life. They should make an example out of him.

Comment

• so fookin brutal. borg/moreno is one i really wanted to see. chael called pettis/cheisa fight of the night. and i love bruce leroy.

so connor will pay the legal fees for his teammates.
          sued by borg, chiesa, moreno, leroy, security, maybe the ufc for lost revenue

who knows how much he has spent. how much of his 100 million is this going to cost him?

worst of all dagistan has a fatwa on him now too.

did it for lobov. the video showed lobov call khabib a liar, and khabib talk to him, khabib did nothing to him that i haven't seen happen "behind the scenes" 100 times.

i still think it was a wwf hype attempt that went bad.

Comment

• chael is hilarious

Chael Sonnen
            ‏Verified account @ChaelSonnen
            11h11 hours ago

"If the Irish are so tough, how come they all speak English?"

hahahahahahaahahahahahaa

i don't know how to post a twitter blurb normally

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              so fookin brutal. borg/moreno is one i really wanted to see. chael called pettis/cheisa fight of the night. and i love bruce leroy.

so connor will pay the legal fees for his teammates.
              sued by borg, chiesa, moreno, leroy, security, maybe the ufc for lost revenue

who knows how much he has spent. how much of his 100 million is this going to cost him?

worst of all dagistan has a fatwa on him now too.

did it for lobov. the video showed lobov call khabib a liar, and khabib talk to him, khabib did nothing to him that i haven't seen happen "behind the scenes" 100 times.

i still think it was a wwf hype attempt that went bad.
              UFC should ban him for life. It sounds like they brutally beat those guys. If guys off the street did that they'd be banned from going anywhere near a UFC event ever again.

Comment

• khabib makes weight at 154 pounds.

all judges score this card 50/42 for the winner and new undisputed undefeated lightweight champion khabib the eagle nurmagomedov

Comment

• 3 fighters left to weigh in, been a 10 minute gap since the last fighter. they must need more weight off. max is one of them

Comment

chael is hilarious

Chael Sonnen
                    ‏Verified account @ChaelSonnen
                    11h11 hours ago

"If the Irish are so tough, how come they all speak English?"

hahahahahahaahahahahahaa

i don't know how to post a twitter blurb normally
                    Twitter doesn't work on this page.

Irish people speak English, Irish and Ullans. Official languages are English and Irish.

Comment

• hollaway out. drs stepped in and said weight cut was unsafe. god fucking damnit

Comment

hollaway out. drs stepped in and said weight cut was unsafe. god fucking damnit

Comment

• maybe they give pettis vs khabib

Comment

• i think pettis is on a 3 fight lose streak. khabib will destroy pettis. hope he gets paid. it might still be for the title.

Comment

i think pettis is on a 3 fight lose streak. khabib will destroy pettis. hope he gets paid. it might still be for the title.
                              Interesting ... Khabib vs Pettis is a go ... for the title... this card has been a disaster. Lol

Comment

• What a shit show.

Comment

Working...
                                X