The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I agree, I think those guys are all on a different tier of fighters, though, regardless of what their weight class is.

I think if I were to rank tiers in terms of skill/ability:
    If you think I'm wrong, I'm definitely open.

Tier 1: GSP, Jon Jones, Conor, Khabib, Cormier, Woodley, Diaz brothers, Nunes, Cyborg
    Tier 2: Dillashaw, Cody, Cruz, Dj, Aldo, Miocic, Holm, Joanna
    Tier 3: Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Wonderboy, Ngannou, Alvarez
    Tier 4: all the flyweights lol

I didn't include everyone, just people off the top of my head that are relevant to me right now.
    I don't think Nunes is that high, i think the women's divisions are pretty weak. I thought shevchenko beat nunes.

I think we have to wait to see how ngannou takes a loss, and learns.

I would maybe escalate gsp and khabib into a full top tier themselves that jones would be in if he wasn't a cheater.

I also think cody should be up in that new 2nd tier with conor.

Comment

• Oh damn, McGregor v Khabib is on!

Comment

• solid presser
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• shit. mike perry and cowboy is a fuckin mean fight.

Comment

• Anybody see how Diaz/Poirier are pissed that they're the card after now? I assume they wanna be in Vegas too after that.

Comment

Anybody see how Diaz/Poirier are pissed that they're the card after now? I assume they wanna be in Vegas too after that.
              Yeah. Diaz said he wasn't going to fight now. Lol.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                Yeah. Diaz said he wasn't going to fight now. Lol.
                Poirier tweeted the same thing, too.

Damn. I would've thought UFC 230 would be the perfect card to have Khabib/McGregor, esp. after Poirier/Diaz.

I don't know, what do you think? I think UFC 230 should be a stacked card.

Comment

Poirier tweeted the same thing, too.

Damn. I would've thought UFC 230 would be the perfect card to have Khabib/McGregor, esp. after Poirier/Diaz.

I don't know, what do you think? I think UFC 230 should be a stacked card.
                  My thought was they are going to give diaz/porrier second billing. So they get ppv money. Sells the card. Connor won't want a non title fight on his card as the co-main. That is going to cost him money. 229 has potential for card of the year.

Porrier/diaz is an awesome fight, but neither of those guys really sell tickets. Nate is relevant because of connor. Porrier is the perfect fox card main event guy.

Tsn ufc 230 page is pretty bare. Brunson, adesaanya, romero are the other names on there right now. The only main card fight is porrier/diaz right now. Maybe brunson/adensanya make main card. Romero will probably be prelim main event.

If cejodo/johnson or cody/tj don't cause a lot of damage, maybe one of the winners can make that card.

Woodley/till wont(maybe till will)
                  Dc wont
                  Khabib wont

Tough to find fights there. Dana will go hard at 229, and every fighter is ringing him to get on that card right now. Red panties baby.

Comment

• Nothing better deprive us of Conor v Khabib ... it BETTER happen, or I'm gonna be very upset. Lol

If McGregor actually beats Khabib ... fuck, it's going to be hard to shut him up again. Lol If Khabib beats Conor, I could see UFC going for a rematch. That's a dream match up.

Comment

My thought was they are going to give diaz/porrier second billing. So they get ppv money. Sells the card. Connor won't want a non title fight on his card as the co-main. That is going to cost him money. 229 has potential for card of the year.

Porrier/diaz is an awesome fight, but neither of those guys really sell tickets. Nate is relevant because of connor. Porrier is the perfect fox card main event guy.

Tsn ufc 230 page is pretty bare. Brunson, adesaanya, romero are the other names on there right now. The only main card fight is porrier/diaz right now. Maybe brunson/adensanya make main card. Romero will probably be prelim main event.

If cejodo/johnson or cody/tj don't cause a lot of damage, maybe one of the winners can make that card.

Woodley/till wont(maybe till will)
                      Dc wont
                      Khabib wont

Tough to find fights there. Dana will go hard at 229, and every fighter is ringing him to get on that card right now. Red panties baby.
                      "Baybee, we duun it... Conor McGregor mayde uz rittcchhh baybee"

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Nothing better deprive us of Conor v Khabib ... it BETTER happen, or I'm gonna be very upset. Lol

If McGregor actually beats Khabib ... fuck, it's going to be hard to shut him up again. Lol If Khabib beats Conor, I could see UFC going for a rematch. That's a dream match up.
                      Khabib/Conor is as perfect a matchup there is marketing-wise.

Stylistically, Khabib is the biggest challenge Conor will ever face. Unless Conor's been secretly working on his ground game, I see a ton of Khabib takedowns.

God this match is fun.

If Conor wins, I feel like we'll see GSP/Conor for the lightweight belt. GSP said on JRE that's what he wants--the money fight. That's potentially the biggest match the UFC could ever put together names-wise.

Comment

Just had a random thought.

Goddamn I've been trying to embed the tweet forever. I forgot.

lol

Anyways:

Nunes/Cyborg co-main event for the featherweight title?
                        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sat Aug 4, 2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

"Baybee, we duun it... Conor McGregor mayde uz rittcchhh baybee"

Khabib/Conor is as perfect a matchup there is marketing-wise.

Stylistically, Khabib is the biggest challenge Conor will ever face. Unless Conor's been secretly working on his ground game, I see a ton of Khabib takedowns.

God this match is fun.

If Conor wins, I feel like we'll see GSP/Conor for the lightweight belt. GSP said on JRE that's what he wants--the money fight. That's potentially the biggest match the UFC could ever put together names-wise.
                          I am biased but it doesn't matter how much work connor has put in for his ground game. Khabib makes black belts look like children.

Connor has a punchers chance. No way he wins a decision, and no way he gets a submission.

Comment

I am biased but it doesn't matter how much work connor has put in for his ground game. Khabib makes black belts look like children.

Connor has a punchers chance. No way he wins a decision, and no way he gets a submission.
                            Oh no, I'm on the same boat as you.

I, on the other hand, am a Conor fan, however, I'm going to put my money on Khabib.

But, after watching him against Iaquinta, I really do hope he's working on his striking.

Comment

I just feel like people said the same thing about Eddie ... I certainly thought the same thing, that Conor just doesn't have the ground game to fight Eddie ... and then Eddie decided he wanted to try and out box him ... Lol Same with Nate. Even though they all know it's his weakness, no one ever seems to do the obvious with Conor. So who knows! I think as long as Conor is working on his sprawls, and take down defense, he could pull it out.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I just feel like people said the same thing about Eddie ... I certainly thought the same thing, that Conor just doesn't have the ground game to fight Eddie ... and then Eddie decided he wanted to try and out box him ... Lol Same with Nate. Even though they all know it's his weakness, no one ever seems to do the obvious with Conor. So who knows! I think as long as Conor is working on his sprawls, and take down defense, he could pull it out.
                                I feel Nate and especially Eddie went away from their gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                                X