The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Had no clue Justin Buchholz wasn't coaching, I noticed he wasn't there in Cody's corner during the fight, but didn't know he left.

In the podcast, Justin said it was because of a "difference of opinion." That's super interesting, always some crazy shit at Team Alpha Male. I don't know about you guys, as annoying as Buchholz is, he's been a big part of Cody's success, and I can kinda correlate not having him there as being a negative to his training.

Buchholz also said that he thinks "proper training" would've prepared him better for TJ.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/7...ead-of-ufc-227
    Maybe unfair, but alpha male seems to be a crew of buddies than a top flight gym. It might be telling that before cody their other top guys had to leave before becoming champs.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Aug 11, 2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      Maybe unfair, but alpha male seems to be a crew of buddies than a top flight gym. It might be telling that before cody theor other top guys had to leave before becoming champs.
      Well, and other than T.J. too before they ran into the Cruz wall.

Obviously all the Ludwig-Alpha Male stuff followed when he decided to bring T.J. under his wing to Denver.

It was such a great storyline, too bad Cody just wasn't up to par fighting-wise. Dillashaw is an entirely different animal now. Weird stance changes, but he's so fun to watch.

I want to see Cruz face one of the other top 5 fighters before T.J.

Side note: Just saw Borg and Benavides are squaring off -- I think it's safe to assume winner of that will face Cejudo, esp. now that DJ has a ton of injuries from that fight.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Saw that Pennington and De Randamie is set, too. That'll be an awesome fight I think.

Can I make a hot prediction and say we'lll get Cyborg/Nunes before the end of the year?

HOLY SHIT, GUYS.

From a money fight standpoint...

The possibility of having Brock/Cormier, GSP/Anderson, Jon Jones return, and Conor/Khabib is... sigh.. rumours. Get us all hot and bothered for nothing.

Personally, I wanna see a Stipe/Cormier immediate rematch. Stipe deserves it, and that was an awesome fight.

Comment

Saw that Pennington and De Randamie is set, too. That'll be an awesome fight I think.

Can I make a hot prediction and say we'lll get Cyborg/Nunes before the end of the year?

HOLY SHIT, GUYS.

From a money fight standpoint...

The possibility of having Brock/Cormier, GSP/Anderson, Jon Jones return, and Conor/Khabib is... sigh.. rumours. Get us all hot and bothered for nothing.

Personally, I wanna see a Stipe/Cormier immediate rematch. Stipe deserves it, and that was an awesome fight.
          No interest in an silva/gsp fight anymore. George will mop the floor with the now silva.

If nunes does fight cyborg, that could be the biggest woman's fight.

Comment

• https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/superfig...235813723.html

Here it is. Shercules going for the lion's pelt.

Comment

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/superfig...235813723.html

Here it is. Shercules going for the lion's pelt.
              IT'S FU@#5ING HAPPENING. I CALLED THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN SOON. This is gonna be a crazy fight -- I think they'll both slug it out, but I want to see who's going to come in and have a gameplan from the start.

Comment

IT'S FU@#5ING HAPPENING. I CALLED THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN SOON. This is gonna be a crazy fight -- I think they'll both slug it out, but I want to see who's going to come in and have a gameplan from the start.
                I think it is a mistake for nunes to strike with cyborg. Fight smart like holly did. Amanda has the ground game to maybe do something there.

This is going to be a good fight. Maybe biggest fight in woman's history. If Amanda can win this some how. Wow.

I call cyborg by knockout.

Comment

I think it is a mistake for nunes to strike with cyborg. Fight smart like holly did. Amanda has the ground game to maybe do something there.

This is going to be a good fight. Maybe biggest fight in woman's history. If Amanda can win this some how. Wow.

I call cyborg by knockout.
                  I totally agree. I think Nunes has to play her range right, and take advantage of the clinch. Cyborg might be the bigger woman but something about Nunes feels like she has an advantage in regards to her body composure.

I have to go against the odds, I think Nunes manages to knock her out.

Comment

• tonight's card has some good fighters on it. i think gaethje will beat vick. michael johnson is on there, ellenberger/barberena has a good chance for fight of the night, i like eryk anders, and then surprisingly mickey gall is on the under-card of a free card.

Comment

tonight's card has some good fighters on it. i think gaethje will beat vick. michael johnson is on there, ellenberger/barberena has a good chance for fight of the night, i like eryk anders, and then surprisingly mickey gall is on the under-card of a free card.
                      Was about to post something, I think Gaethje and Vick won't be the usual slug fest we get with 'The Highlight,' IF Vick says he's going to fight smart, but nonetheless, I expect there to be some really good moments.

Johnson is back, I never really liked him as a fighter, but he's an interesting name. I wonder where he sits in the lightweight division, but I don't think he'll get close to the upper tier.

Comment

Was about to post something, I think Gaethje and Vick won't be the usual slug fest we get with 'The Highlight,' IF Vick says he's going to fight smart, but nonetheless, I expect there to be some really good moments.

Johnson is back, I never really liked him as a fighter, but he's an interesting name. I wonder where he sits in the lightweight division, but I don't think he'll get close to the upper tier.
                        We saw what happened when he got khabib. Johnson isn't a bad fighter, he is just not interesting or fan worthy. I don't know anyone that talks him up.

After people take beatings like johnson did, or carla Esparza I like to follow them and see if they grow. I don't think there is anything that can be more humbling than getting the living shit kicked out of you and no matter what you did to prepare or do will matter because the other person is just much better. In fighting it is just the most real a person can get with themselves, and fighter confidence is everything.

Comment

We saw what happened when he got khabib. Johnson isn't a bad fighter, he is just not interesting or fan worthy. I don't know anyone that talks him up.

After people take beatings like johnson did, or carla Esparza I like to follow them and see if they grow. I don't think there is anything that can be more humbling than getting the living shit kicked out of you and no matter what you did to prepare or do will matter because the other person is just much better. In fighting it is just the most real a person can get with themselves, and fighter confidence is everything.
                          Absolutely, I haven't followed that with some of the lesser known fighters, but, I'm watching Joanna, and now Cody, to see where they go from here.

Obviously Cormier getting the living shit kicked out of him then coming back to be a double-champ is a great story.

Comment

• Gaethje's knockout was sick.

Comment

Gaethje's knockout was sick.
                              I wonder who's next...

Comment

I wonder who's next...
                                I would like to see a gathje Ferguson or Lee fight. Then let the winner get smashed by khabib, after khabib smashes connor, and then porrier.

I think khabib will not take much damage in the Conor mauling, so he should be set to fight porrier, if porrier beats nate, which I think he will do.

Gaethje can fight Tony or Lee while that fights is going, and then take a smashing from khabib after porrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X