The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeup, right call.

I can't seem to embed. This is frustrating lol.

Basically, Montano just vacated the belt. Shevchenko will fight for the title as soon as she's able.

Put her on the 230 card!

https://twitter.com/Phil_Sports/stat...98524867956737
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Sep 7, 2018, 07:27 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Wow. Andrade

Comment

• Tyron Woodley in GOD MODE. My goodness. I thought Till was going to put up more of a fight than that, but damn ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Tyron Woodley in GOD MODE. My goodness. I thought Till was going to put up more of a fight than that, but damn ...
          it was a good card. woodley fought like pre champ woodley. till did survive a huge beating, and i thought might escape the round. woodley was breathing hard midway through the beating. good job by woodley to find the choke.

the fight i thought could have been fight of the night was brutal. the dodson/riveria fight was really bad.

i was thinking how the andrade/karolina fight was going to be fight of the night and then pow. one punch power from a 115 pound woman. that is like your smallest woman relative, maybe smaller, and she can knock you the fuck out. incredible.

Comment

• I do find Woodley annoying but will never understand why Dana White is the anti-promoter to his own fighters. He comes across as such a shell of a man with an extremely weak ego who holds grudges like no other. Really hope we get to see GSP fight the winner of Conor/Khabib.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
              I do find Woodley annoying but will never understand why Dana White is the anti-promoter to his own fighters. He comes across as such a shell of a man with an extremely weak ego who holds grudges like no other. Really hope we get to see GSP fight the winner of Conor/Khabib.

as far as woodley goes, dana probably figures that any money he invests in promotion is wasted because woodley doesn't bring in pay per view buys. that's why they pushed till for this fight. not woodley's fault that his title defenses were against a counter puncher and a one trick jiu jitsu guy.

smart on woodley because he still gets money as champ. better for him to take a cut of small pay per views than to not be champ and go back to show/win/bonus money.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                as far as woodley goes, dana probably figures that any money he invests in promotion is wasted because woodley doesn't bring in pay per view buys. that's why they pushed till for this fight. not woodley's fault that his title defenses were against a counter puncher and a one trick jiu jitsu guy.

smart on woodley because he still gets money as champ. better for him to take a cut of small pay per views than to not be champ and go back to show/win/bonus money.
                You don't bring in viewers if you don't properly promote someone. That's Dana's job. Woodley would be a super easy guy to build hype around based on what he has done. But Dana hates the guy and instead has turned fans against him any chance he can. (Though I don't like him either lol)

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                  You don't bring in viewers if you don't properly promote someone. That's Dana's job. Woodley would be a super easy guy to build hype around based on what he has done. But Dana hates the guy and instead has turned fans against him any chance he can. (Though I don't like him either lol)

i get your point, i mean to dana he gets 1 million if he doesn't push woodley, or he gets 1 million if he invests time and effort into promoting him.

woodley did himself a huge favour with the stoppage of till. people want to see fighters fight to win, not fight to not lose. woodley fought to win against till, because if he didn't till would have knocked him out. if tyron can get on a good card and have another finish, they will push him some more.

him and maia broke the record for fewest punches thrown in a 5 round fight.

Comment

i get your point, i mean to dana he gets 1 million if he doesn't push woodley, or he gets 1 million if he invests time and effort into promoting him.

woodley did himself a huge favour with the stoppage of till. people want to see fighters fight to win, not fight to not lose. woodley fought to win against till, because if he didn't till would have knocked him out. if tyron can get on a good card and have another finish, they will push him some more.

him and maia broke the record for fewest punches thrown in a 5 round fight.
                    Dana didn't even show up to the press conference after such a great fight from Woodley. He never does that.

Comment

• Miekenstien and I called Till getting starched, but damn...

Woodley slips and counters with the right, drops some bombs with the elbows, and finishes him with a D'arce choke. You've got to be kidding me. And... the damn significant strikes 74 to 1 or 2? Seriously?

I hate Covington so much, so that'd be a fun feud between Woodley/Covington. But, I think the real fight is Usman and Woodley. That's a scary match-up, and potential to be one of the fights of the year, if they book that one for Madison Square Garden.

On a side note, as you guys all touched, Dana White ate his words. I think it's a combination of what the fans want to see, and Woodley being a headache to work with. Was listening to the Brendan Schaub podcast, and he was talking to some high-up executive saying that the UFC brass wanted Woodley to lose simply because he's tough to work with. But, it also doesn't help that his last few fights have been almost unmarketable considering how lacking they were from a rumble, standpoint.

But, when you've beaten some of the best welterweights, while the champ, you've got to have some support. I think Dana should've taken it like a man, sat up there, said he was wrong, and give credit to Woodley who showed up and absolutely dominated.

I was also listenting to Chael Sonnen talk about Dana and promoting fighters:

I think this was an important listen -- at the end of the day, it's about the fans. Dana can't fully support you and invest a ton of resources if your fights just don't appeal. Till has the appeal because he's got a whole damn country on his shoudlers. Same thing with Conor, with Khabib, Jon Jones and his druggy buddies (totally kidding), etc.

Was listenting to the Ariel Helwani show on the way to work, and Woodley says he dislocated his hand/finger and tore some ligaments, but doesn't think it'll affect the potential of fighting at MSG.

Comment

• They will give it to Colby. Everyone wants to see him get smacked, and the right hand that dropped till would crush Colby.

Colby will also go right at Woodley with his wrestling. That one would be great. And christ, if Colby won. Haha

Comment

They will give it to Colby. Everyone wants to see him get smacked, and the right hand that dropped till would crush Colby.

Colby will also go right at Woodley with his wrestling. That one would be great. And christ, if Colby won. Haha
                          ... I'm terrible.

Uhm. If that's the fight. I hope Woodley catches a body. Wilder-esque. LOL. I really do hate Covington. When I was listenting to him on Helwani's show... I immediately cringed. I wanted to throw my phone out window. I could stand about 45 seconds only, especially when he was saying his belt was the "real" championship belt. Oh god.

Comment

• Jon Jones cleared to fight Oct. 28th. Great timing for MSG. Wonder how much the check that Dana sent to USADA was for. Lol

Comment

Jon Jones cleared to fight Oct. 28th. Great timing for MSG. Wonder how much the check that Dana sent to USADA was for. Lol
                              Such a joke of a sport.

Comment

Jon Jones cleared to fight Oct. 28th. Great timing for MSG. Wonder how much the check that Dana sent to USADA was for. Lol
                                gustafsson 2 would be good. i saw rumble was talking about coming back, i guess he was getting high from his own supply and can use money again.

Comment

Working...
                                X