The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    smith looked good. don't know if letting jones punch himself out will work like it did against volkan. he has the height and size to give jones a fight though. if jones beats guftasson, i don't know if they give smith the shot though.
    Cormier has been talking a lot recently about defending his light-heavyweight title. I don't know what's going on in that front, but, it's weird he's being so misleading lately, esp. cause everyone knows about his "two more fights" thing. I assume if Jones beats Gustafsson, and Cormier comes out against Lewis, that's the fight to book assuming Lesnar isn't ready to fight yet.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Cormier has been talking a lot recently about defending his light-heavyweight title. I don't know what's going on in that front, but, it's weird he's being so misleading lately, esp. cause everyone knows about his "two more fights" thing. I assume if Jones beats Gustafsson, and Cormier comes out against Lewis, that's the fight to book assuming Lesnar isn't ready to fight yet.
      I think he fights Lesnar before jones. He lost the two battles to jones, but won the war in my opinion. Jones is tarnished now so DC's two losses have asterixes beside them. Moved up to heavyweight beat arguably the greatest ever there. Good resume for g.o.a.t.

Comment

• Ben Askren is a gem. Love this guy. He was a blast to watch on Ariels show:

Comment

• They should give an instant loss to a fighter that misses weight, and an instant win to the fighter that makes weight. Then make them fight anyway.

Has to be treated like steroids. 20% is nothing compared to the gains they make.

Rogan and Felder are treating eubanks like she isn't a cheater. I hate that. This isn't a fight of two people that are the same. This is a fighter who is committed and professional against a cheater.

100 bucks says eubanks came in overweight for advantage to make sure she gets the next title shot.

Bullshit.

Comment

• Brunson
            Weidman
            Dc

Comment

• Lol

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1058918067105873920

Comment

• Cannonier looks like a different person at that weight, holy shit. Middleweight is definitely his best weight, as it looks like he still carries his heavyweight power.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Cannonier looks like a different person at that weight, holy shit. Middleweight is definitely his best weight, as it looks like he still carries his heavyweight power.
                  His biceps looked huge. Must be weird for him to feel the difference in the other guys weight and power as well.

Comment

• Knight is awesome. Always a good fight

Comment

• Awesome.

Really thought weidman was going to win that.

Comment

Awesome.

Really thought weidman was going to win that.
                        What a fight. Kudos to Souza trying to stop the fight and not wanting to throw those late shots. Bad reffing there. Weidman was OUT.

Feel bad for Weidman. Dude was winning that fight in my books. Weidman needs to stop fighting in New York. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          What a fight. Kudos to Souza trying to stop the fight and not wanting to throw those late shots. Bad reffing there. Weidman was OUT.

Feel bad for Weidman. Dude was winning that fight in my books. Weidman needs to stop fighting in New York. Lol
                          I think 3rd round he was in his own head about his title shot.

Comment

• Cormier Lewis can end so many ways. Lewis can only win from a knockout. DC can get a sub, tko, or decision.

A decision would be bad though. It will just be Cormier beating on Lewis for 5 rounds while the ref gives Lewis a chance to get up.

Comment

Cormier Lewis can end so many ways. Lewis can only win from a knockout. DC can get a sub, tko, or decision.

A decision would be bad though. It will just be Cormier beating on Lewis for 5 rounds while the ref gives Lewis a chance to get up.
                              Can you imagine if Lewis actually wins though?! However slight a chance it may be, the fact that Derrick Lewis could be Heavyweight Champion is hilarious and amazing.

Comment

• I love that DC has fully embraced the role of the heel at this point. I think he feeds on being hated now.

Comment

Working...
                                X