No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow usman was unbelievable made Woodley look like he wasn't even on his level
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Smith looks super composed. Always thought he was being underrated coming into this fight. He looks really good so far.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Smith looks super composed. Always thought he was being underrated coming into this fight. He looks really good so far.
        ... Alright, maybe not ... Lol

Comment

• respect to smith he could have got Jones dq if he wanted to their. looked like Jon kicked him in the head when he was on the ground earlier to

Comment

• Ya those shots will taint a victory for Jones. Never without controversy. Lol

Smith gained himself alot of fans tonight I think. He'll fight for that belt again I would imagine.
            Last edited by Joey; Sun Mar 3, 2019, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Usman was especially surprising ... that was DOMINANT. Did not expect that.

Comment

Damn ... Cody dropped again.
                Cody seems to have no chin. Got angry, went reckless, and got knocked out again. Really hoped he would show some growth

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  respect to smith he could have got Jones dq if he wanted to their. looked like Jon kicked him in the head when he was on the ground earlier to
                  That was a multimillion dollar sacrifice. Super class

Comment

I don't know ... I'm pretty sure Lawler was out. Lol
                    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    I was certain he was too. but the way he just popped up so fast makes me think he was okay. props to him if he wasn't out he was a really good sport about it most guys would have been livid
                    I loved how robbie immediately shook herb Dean's hand. No explosion, just acceptance of the refs decision.

Ben survived a crazy offensive from robbie. I think that if herb didn't stop the fight then, it would have ended soon after. Ro bie wasn't getting out of that headlock, and ben wasn't go to stop squeezing.

Comment

• 90 seconds though... so who knows. I don't like Askren, and I think he will get his face smashed a few more times, but that said, Lawler has only himself to blame. I can dislike Ben all I want, he didn't get his wrestling reputaion for nothing, WHY Lawler would get so careless and show so little respect for that I don't know. Ego I guess. He should never have been anyplace close to those positions.

This is why people, well some like myself, loved GSP so much. He wasn't always a showman, but he was brilliant, and he was detail oriented, he wouldn't have found himself in those positions, no way. Too bad this guy didn't come over 5-6 years back when he was constantly slagging George.

Comment

• As for Ben Askren, he had a little time to regain conciousness after the fight, so he was nice and composed and ready to talk shit in his interviews, but he true feelings came out in the ring, you could tell he felt like he got away with one. His first words were on the defensive, he felts guilty and didn't like the boo's so he made a comment about hey, don't boo me, I didn't stop it, I cant control that.... he knew he was in deep. But hey, he won, and thats that, his brand of Bullshit is good entertainment.

Now he won't fight Lawler again. Heh.

Comment

Damn ... Cody dropped again.
                          hehehehehe

I love watching him go crosseyed, it pleases me.

But also, as a Human being, I think they gotta shut this guy down, he has a family, his brain is getting seriously damaged in there.

Comment

• i didn't see the past couple weeks cards, but both of my guys lost. black beast getting smashed by a junior that looks resurgent, and gunnar losing a decision. till now has 2 knockouts in a row, ouch for him. good for masvidal, he is super fun to watch in every one of his fights.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              i didn't see the past couple weeks cards, but both of my guys lost. black beast getting smashed by a junior that looks resurgent, and gunnar losing a decision. till now has 2 knockouts in a row, ouch for him. good for masvidal, he is super fun to watch in every one of his fights.
                              How about Masvidal smacking Leon Edwards a couple times with his knuckles after the fight?

Masvidal is legit "about that life" ... I would not fuck with that guy.

Comment

How about Masvidal smacking Leon Edwards a couple times with his knuckles after the fight?

Masvidal is legit "about that life" ... I would not fuck with that guy.
                                ya that crazy. he gets a lot of respect from fellow fighter for that one but I'm sure it's going to hurt his bank account..he lit him up with 3 quick ones don't think Leon was expecting him to actually throw hands. now he's angling for a title shot but I think he ends up with askren and Covington gets a shot at us man. winner of those 2 fights go at each other

Comment

Working...
                                X