No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it? What's going on? I know there are allegations against CM but what does that tweet have to do with it?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      I don't get it? What's going on? I know there are allegations against CM but what does that tweet have to do with it?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I laughed. Out loud.

Comment

• I'm not sure why it's funny at all. People talk out both sides of their mouths when it suits them politically, morally, ethically. I'm not much for being a whiner, but this was straight up insulting to the guys religion (im an atheist too), and his cultural customs. It's pretty lame really.

Thats the world we live in now though.... prevailing thoughts....hey, at least he didn't shoot up a church, whats the big deal. I sad, petty, and 100% revealing as to the value of thats guys character. Have fun in court Conor.

Comment

I don't get it? What's going on? I know there are allegations against CM but what does that tweet have to do with it?
            I guess when Conor takes time out from preparing for his Sexual Assault cases, he likes to make bigoted comments about his opponents religion, and about the woman he is marrying. All 100% ok apparently

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

I guess when Conor takes time out from preparing for his Sexual Assault cases, he likes to make bigoted comments about his opponents religion, and about the woman he is marrying. All 100% ok apparently
              I can't decide with CM whether his promotional persona has now actually become his true self or whether he's still acting in his mind and he thinks he has no choice but to keep pushing the outrage meter. If the former, it's a real cautionary tale and, if the latter, it's reflects poorly on him and the people around him who should be telling him to stop or at least dial it back. He's crossed so far over the line that the line is a dot and it's not longer trash talk, it's real personal.

Comment

I can't decide with CM whether his promotional persona has now actually become his true self or whether he's still acting in his mind and he thinks he has no choice but to keep pushing the outrage meter. If the former, it's a real cautionary tale and, if the latter, it's reflects poorly on him and the people around him who should be telling him to stop or at least dial it back. He's crossed so far over the line that the line is a dot and it's not longer trash talk, it's real personal.
                I hear ya. I dont think he was always this guy, but I think a lot of drinking, and a lot of cocaine use has likely altered his personality a little....

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

I hear ya. I dont think he was always this guy, but I think a lot of drinking, and a lot of cocaine use has likely altered his personality a little....
                  Also, super stardom level fame and approx $150 million in earnings don't help his ego issue...or is it an issue...it's the very thing that got him to this point, the fact he could fight decent was the starting point but the Mcgregor character is why you know his name at all
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dillishaw suspended for 2 years for EPO, which is apparently not something you find in contaminated supplements, but must be injected. TJ didn't even contest the suspension. That's about as dirty as you can get.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Dillishaw suspended for 2 years for EPO, which is apparently not something you find in contaminated supplements, but must be injected. TJ didn't even contest the suspension. That's about as dirty as you can get.
                      Too bad. Now he is never anything but a cheater. One of the more exciting fighters, but now it is how many times didn't he get caught.

Comment

• On the plus side. Saturday should be great. Main card the only fight I don't care about is osp fight. I like jouban. Roundtree Anders is a good fight, hoping Anders has grown a bit and doesn't just walk forward slowly looking to a big shot. Gastelum adesanya is probably my favourite match up. And then fight of the night will be blessed vs screech. I think screech wins this one, but won't be surprised if it is Halloway.

neither of them can beat khabib when he gets back though.

Undercard is a bit meh. I like belel Mohammed, but he can be really good or really boring.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Too bad. Now he is never anything but a cheater. One of the more exciting fighters, but now it is how many times didn't he get caught.
                          I'm hoping it was just because of the extreme weight cut against Cejudo that he resorted to these methods, but you're absolutely right. Cody now has all the excuses in the book.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            On the plus side. Saturday should be great. Main card the only fight I don't care about is osp fight. I like jouban. Roundtree Anders is a good fight, hoping Anders has grown a bit and doesn't just walk forward slowly looking to a big shot. Gastelum adesanya is probably my favourite match up. And then fight of the night will be blessed vs screech. I think screech wins this one, but won't be surprised if it is Halloway.

neither of them can beat khabib when he gets back though.

Undercard is a bit meh. I like belel Mohammed, but he can be really good or really boring.
                            I've bet against Holloway too many times now ... I'm taking Blessed in this one. And give me Israel against Gastelum, but would not be surprised to see him get absolutely dominated either.

Comment

• Interesting idea ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Interesting idea ...
                                Some type of legacy punishment is a good idea. Especially hurts champions. Lower ranked fighters need money, so might deter them. Champions don't want to give up sweet sweet ppv cash. The only guy with a real motive to risk it is the challenger.

Comment

Working...
                                X