No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is pretty incredible. And this is not staged. Guy is legit.

“I landed a left elbow, then a left straight, and then followed up with the head kick and that was it. He couldn't answer the eight-count.”

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      This is pretty incredible. And this is not staged. Guy is legit.
      Awesome story. Reminds me of Baxter "One Armed Bandit" Humby, another one armed Canadian Kick Boxer from a while back. Dude has some awesome highlights.

Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 9, 2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Diaz vs Pettis is actually happening it looks like! I figured one might pull out somewhere along the line. Nobody in UFC History has more "Fight of the Night" Bonuses than Nate Diaz, so I think it's going to be epic. Can't believe they've never fought before this.

Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 12, 2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Diaz vs Pettis is actually happening it looks like! I figured one might pull out somewhere along the line. Nobody in UFC History has more "Fight of the Night" Bonuses than Nate Diaz, so I think it's going to be epic. Can't believe they've never fought before this.

this is the fight my dad is most excited for, i don't know how good nate is going to look after so long off. if nate wins, i think nate/conor happens again. i don't see how a win here helps pettis move up, and a loss will really hurt.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

this is the fight my dad is most excited for, i don't know how good nate is going to look after so long off. if nate wins, i think nate/conor happens again. i don't see how a win here helps pettis move up, and a loss will really hurt.
            Ya, Pettis is 4-6 over his last 10, and fighting a non-ranked Nate. I am really curious to know what a win over Nate is worth days, as far as rankings go.

Comment

Ya, Pettis is 4-6 over his last 10, and fighting a non-ranked Nate. I am really curious to know what a win over Nate is worth days, as far as rankings go.
              It's a weird situation. Nate is the lesser of two brothers, who is famous for winning and losing to Conor. Never a champion,

Comment

• Comment

• Man, Whitaker is one of the most likable guys on the roster.

Cormier recently said he represents everything a Champion should, and it's hard to disagree.

This is a fight to look forward to. Curious to see how they fill out the card.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 15, 2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Man, Whitaker is one of the most likable guys on the roster.

Cormier recently said he represents everything a Champion should, and it's hard to disagree.

This is a fight to look forward to. Curious to see how they fill out the card.
                    I hope Dana tries to make it legendary, and not just "here is an awesome fight and a bunch of aussies, and kiwis for the rest of the card" . The time difference will mess with the ppv money.

Two fighters it is really hard to bet against. I think I like Whitaker right now. 2 for 2 against Romero is a pretty good resume.

Comment

• Think Cormier is going to win again. Think nate is going to beat Pettis, even with the weed smoking. And I think Romero Costa will be the fight of the night if it doesn't end in 2 minutes.

​​

Comment

• That was crazy. The last 3 fights were all fantastic. Don't know what Cormier was thinking except 2 things. 1)i can win the exact same way again because I am me, or 2)dc/stipe 3 makes me millions and millions

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          That was crazy. The last 3 fights were all fantastic. Don't know what Cormier was thinking except 2 things. 1)i can win the exact same way again because I am me, or 2)dc/stipe 3 makes me millions and millions
                          Good card. Glad Nate is back, hope UFC actually markets him now. A Masvidal/Diaz fight would be electric. Everyone talking about how amazing Costa/Romero was but to me that main card was even better. You rarely ever see two heavyweights land shots like that and still fight at such a fast pace into the championship rounds. DC admitted he didn't follow the gameplan and wrestle but it's hard to blame him. He was lighting Stipe up those first 2 and half rounds and would have probably went on to win against most other heavyweights. Respect to stipe for taking those shots and finding that body shot. That changed the entire fight. Tough to say what DC does now, If i was him i might hang it up. Don't see the point of fighting jones unless it's at heavyweight. I guess he could do a triology with Stipe and get one last pay day but i think he loses that again.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Ya, that was a great card. Nate looked fantastic. Respect to Pettis for staying in that phone booth and just slugging it out. Even getting back on top after what looked like him getting dropped and finished.

Some of those exchanges with Paulo and Yoel were a blast to watch ... Paulo looks like a Superhero ... seeing him and Romero in there gave me some real body shame for a little bit ... Buuut then I watched DC ... Haha

Cormier was definitely winning ... I think he could get it back if they ran it back one more time.

Comment

Ya, that was a great card. Nate looked fantastic. Respect to Pettis for staying in that phone booth and just slugging it out. Even getting back on top after what looked like him getting dropped and finished.

Some of those exchanges with Paulo and Yoel were a blast to watch ... Paulo looks like a Superhero ... seeing him and Romero in there gave me some real body shame for a little bit ... Buuut then I watched DC ... Haha

Cormier was definitely winning ... I think he could get it back if they ran it back one more time.
                              It's all about training hard and eating right and... the drugs.

But, seriously, it's mostly the drugs....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's all about training hard and eating right and... the drugs.

But, seriously, it's mostly the drugs....
                                Lol Seriously ... I'll take two please.

Comment

Working...
                                X