No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that was such a weird judges decsion. I thought felder had it 29-28. But one judge had 30-27 felder one had 30-27 barbosa.
    Barbosa corner did him a disservice telling him he was up 2-0 heading into the 3rd. That last round cost him the fight in on the score card of the only judge who had the fight correct.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Man khabib is dominant.. But he's just not that exciting to watch fight. Kinda like a new era gsp.

Comment

• Khabib

Comment

• Ya, that fight went about almost exactly as I thought it might.

The real exciting news is that Nate vs Masvidal is headlining UFC 244. 5 rounds. That's a great fight. Nates been saying its for the "Baddest Mother Fucker" belt, and Dana joked he was going to make that belt just for this fight ... I hope he wasn't joking and he actually does. That would be awesome. Make a belt not tied to weight classes, and just have catch weight fights for BMFer. Do it!!
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Sep 7, 2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Ya, that fight went about almost exactly as I thought it might.

The real exciting news is that Nate vs Masvidal is headlining UFC 244. 5 rounds. That's a great fight. Nates been saying its for the "Baddest Mother Fucker" belt, and Dana joked he was going to make that belt just for this fight ... I hope he wasn't joking and he actually does. That would be awesome. Make a belt not tied to weight classes, and just have catch weight fights for BMFer. Do it!!
            That was the most exciting event of the day. Felder Barboza was the best fight but the judging was seriously wack. Even if the UFC doesInt make a belt i think Nate will just make up one of his own. He should be the one to create is since he coined the term, Probably will be embedded with a couple of gold plated doobies.

Comment

• GSP vs. Khabib? Oh fuck yes.

GSP says he's down, and Khabib has always said he wants to fight GSP....
              https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/98742...-if-mma-allow/

Comment

• A Khabib-GSP fight makes everyone a lot of money but White likes to believe he controls the UFC (and maybe he does) and has always bristled at fighters calling their own shots, including having star fighters use the promotion when they fell like it (i.e. GSP). Could be too big to pass up though - even for White's ego.

Comment

• Rewatching the Diaz vs Pettis fight ... goddamn this fight is awesome.

Comment

• Masvidal saying he's veery happy with the compensation for the Diaz fight... I think they must be giving him $1M+, since I don't think he'll get the PPV shares since he's not a champ.

Calls out Colby like a real fuckin G too ... Love this man.

Comment

Masvidal saying he's veery happy with the compensation for the Diaz fight... I think they must be giving him $1M+, since I don't think he'll get the PPV shares since he's not a champ.

Calls out Colby like a real fuckin G too ... Love this man.
                      i hope they are both getting ppv money, probably lower than a champs. i hope the ppv sells, and we no longer have to have 2 champs in each division to make sure every ppv has a title fight to sell.

edit add: khabib just beat an interim and his next fight is against another interim.

Comment

• God damn, I hate seeing Cowboy lose ... dude is gladiator. Will probably be back fighting in like 6 weeks or less too. Lol

Comment

God damn, I hate seeing Cowboy lose ... dude is gladiator. Will probably be back fighting in like 6 weeks or less too. Lol
                          i knew gaethjie was winning that fight. i don't think he gets khabib after khabib beats tony, but i think he gets tony after tony loses to khabib.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i knew gaethjie was winning that fight. i don't think he gets khabib after khabib beats tony, but i think he gets tony after tony loses to khabib.
                            Cerrone looked completely overmatched in size, speed, power, movement, technique. He's 36. He's lucky he didn't take to bad of a beating.

Comment

• Been watching alot of Robert Whittaker lately, and I gotta say, both in the octagon, and in interviews and stuff, I think he's my absolute favourite right now. Bobby Knuckles is a stud.

And he has said in the past that after he beats Israel, he wouldn't mind fighting Jon Jones, and that is a fight for the ages ... needs to happen.

Comment

• Sooo .. they're actually making the BMF belt ... I wonder if it's just a one-off for the fight, or a defendable, recurring thing ... part of me hopes it's without weight classes, and will encourage some amazing catch weight super fights...

These guys respect each other too much for this to be anything but a pretty boring, run of the mill press conference. Nate shines when he's got a guy like Connor egging him on. Probably for the best though .. Still can't believe we're getting this fight so soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X