No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womp womp. Vicious calf kicks. Good for hooker. Him and porrier would be a good fight.

I don't like when a fighter takes a demoralizing loss, and then fights really high ranking fighters right after.

Al calling off the ref after the ball kick was balls as fuck, and might have cost him the fight, after those elbows came in. And calf kicks, lots of those.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Oct 6, 2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• Holy shit. Izzy's defense surprised me. He looked really good. God damn. Did NOT see that coming. I could have seen him winning by decision, but ya ... damn.

Comment

• Adesanya's head movement is ridiculous

Comment

• Meagan Anderson the only aussie to win tonight I think.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Adesanya's head movement is ridiculous
              That's what I'm sayin. Was really impressed by his defense, and obviously his counters. Rob looked rusty ... couldn't find his range.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Hmmmm Dan Hooker calling out Dustin Poirier? Before this fight he was ranked 14. I could see him maybe jumping up to 8 or 9. But I don't see what Poirier gets out of that fight after challenging for the belt, except to stop the young upstart ... would be a great fight though.
                Thought so ...

Comment

• i
                  Joey wrote: View Post

Thought so ...
                  this will be a good one. I like Hookers confidence but he hasnt earned a shot at someone like dustin yet. He has nothing to gain but everything to lose taking that fight, The connor porrier matchup would be one that both guys should like. Dustin has the chance to avenge his loss and stay in title contention. while Conor can take a fight he thinks he can win since he really needs a W after i think nearly 3 years since he has won. Winner gets a shot at the BMF
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

That's what I'm sayin. Was really impressed by his defense, and obviously his counters. Rob looked rusty ... couldn't find his range.
                    Ya it was obvious couple mins into the fight Robbie was either going to knock stylebender out charging ahead like that or eat a counter. I really did not expect such a quick fight and honestly rob got saved by the bell 1st round. 15 more second and that would have been a finish. Its going to be tough for middle weights to get into adyesanas range and land no matter how much power they have. Costa may be able to get in a land a shot but he may face the same fate as whittaker, I offically believe the hype now, Isreal is 4real

Comment

• Hooker should face one of Felder, barboza or gaethje yet

Comment

That was one of those style fights that just played into
                        Adesanya's hands where he had an opponent doing exactly what he wanted him to do and allowing him to play counter striker. His reach advantage didn't hurt either. It's funny though in that Whittaker was doing exactly what he had to do in the first round and was winning it until he got it. Again, just a matchup that didn't favor him.

You have to wonder how much Whittaker's layoff hurt him cause that's a long time between fights. Still, that was a pretty convincing win.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Hooker should face one of Felder, barboza or gaethje yet
                          hooker gaethjie would be soooo good.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

hooker gaethjie would be soooo good.
                            If anything, I could see it being Poirier vs Gaethjie next. Hooker was #15 going in, and will probably just crack the Top-10 after the win. I'm guessing he maxes out at #8. Maybe Cowboy vs Hooker?

Comment

• this was the prelim fight with the crazy 3rd round. final buzzer, exhausted, both on their knees, hard right hook.

Last edited by Miekenstien; Mon Oct 7, 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

If anything, I could see it being Poirier vs Gaethjie next. Hooker was #15 going in, and will probably just crack the Top-10 after the win. I'm guessing he maxes out at #8. Maybe Cowboy vs Hooker?
                                http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/lightweight/
                                cowboy looks like the weak link in the standings. might have been better for hooker to call out porrier, and "settle" for cowboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X