No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsp quit because he was fighting juice monkeys. Not a cheater. Not even a Pico gram in gsp.

Ariel is saying the fight is probably still on, and these types of things happen. Said this time it happened to nate, lol.

Comment

• interested in a bunch of hugging, askren maia about to begin.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        interested in a bunch of hugging, askren maia about to begin.
        Lol Dana hates Ben, sends him across the world to face his kryptonite in the best grappler in the modern era. I feel like Dana just wants askren to rackup a losing streak so he can get away with not giving him a 2nd contract. They are using him wrong IMO, he could be a chael sonnen archtype, talks shit to fighters better them him and helps sell PPVs cause fans want to see him get his ass beat.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Diaz cleared of wrong doing, fight next weekend is a-GO.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Diaz cleared of wrong doing, fight next weekend is a-GO.
            called it.

Comment

• feel a bit bad for ben, he was doing well in that fight. first two rounds was smart, and only took the fight to the ground in the last minute. round 3 gave maia 4 minutes on the ground, too much. don't know where he goes from here.

ben looks like a guy who can beat everyone outside of the ufc, but this jump in competition is too much for him. traded demetrius for him.

Comment

• Jesus christ khabib. The comments are hilarious. Khabib is real life big Joe mufferaw

Comment

feel a bit bad for ben, he was doing well in that fight. first two rounds was smart, and only took the fight to the ground in the last minute. round 3 gave maia 4 minutes on the ground, too much. don't know where he goes from here.

ben looks like a guy who can beat everyone outside of the ufc, but this jump in competition is too much for him. traded demetrius for him.
                  Lawler rematch?

By the way, this is one of the reason UFC needs more weight classes - is to spread some of these fighters out and protect guys. 155 to 170 to 185 to 205 is absurd. Let's get divisions at 165, 175, 185,195 and 205. I know the talent hasn't been there in the past but this makes way more sense than the constant need to headline interim title bouts and now a made up belt.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Lawler rematch?

By the way, this is one of the reason UFC needs more weight classes - is to spread some of these fighters out and protect guys. 155 to 170 to 185 to 205 is absurd. Let's get divisions at 165, 175, 185,195 and 205. I know the talent hasn't been there in the past but this makes way more sense than the constant need to headline interim title bouts and now a made up belt.
                    if i am lawler i say no. i would say yes if he beat maia, but no ranked fighter is going to fight ben. 17-0 before the octagon, and the hype train. debut showed he can take a bit of a beating, and ended in controversy, and then ben said why even run it back. then first loss, in unbelievable fashion, and then to a 41 year old grappler. maia is maia, but ben doesn't move anyone but a contender series fighter forward now.

chael's podcast he wants a 235-and then a super heavyweight. i like that idea. a 210 pound guy fighting the black beast hard cutting to 265 isn't a real fair fight.

you would have to let usman, or whomever has 170 to choose to be champ at 165, or 175 i think. if i was champ i would fight to keep my division, i think letting them choose the weight they want is a good idea. then the new ones just have a tournament. everyone is happy

Comment

if i am lawler i say no. i would say yes if he beat maia, but no ranked fighter is going to fight ben. 17-0 before the octagon, and the hype train. debut showed he can take a bit of a beating, and ended in controversy, and then ben said why even run it back. then first loss, in unbelievable fashion, and then to a 41 year old grappler. maia is maia, but ben doesn't move anyone but a contender series fighter forward now.

chael's podcast he wants a 235-and then a super heavyweight. i like that idea. a 210 pound guy fighting the black beast hard cutting to 265 isn't a real fair fight.

you would have to let usman, or whomever has 170 to choose to be champ at 165, or 175 i think. if i was champ i would fight to keep my division, i think letting them choose the weight they want is a good idea. then the new ones just have a tournament. everyone is happy
                      A cruiserweight division or a super-heavyweight division also makes sense.

As for existing champs, I don't think it's a big deal. There may be some weird historical, lineage issues (if Usman went to 175 and it was super-welterweight, for example, then he'd lose the welterweight belt) but I don't think anyone really cares about that much. Your idea works fine.

Comment

• Askren told Ariel is his considering retirment..

Also anyone see Conor press confrence in Russia? Says he's fighting January 18th, wouldn't say opponent. Then went on to say he will fight winner of Masvidal/Diaz for BMF and then Winner of Khabib/Fergurson. That's pretty wishful thinking that every thing will work out perfectly for him. I hope the January fight is Porier, But im thinking it will be someone easy that his camp knows he can beat.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Askren told Ariel is his considering retirment..

Also anyone see Conor press confrence in Russia? Says he's fighting January 18th, wouldn't say opponent. Then went on to say he will fight winner of Masvidal/Diaz for BMF and then Winner of Khabib/Fergurson. That's pretty wishful thinking that every thing will work out perfectly for him. I hope the January fight is Porier, But im thinking it will be someone easy that his camp knows he can beat.
                          they are saying geathje or cowboy. i think connor and cowboy can sell as either co-main or a main, and connor can beat cowboy. connor really can't lose his next fight.

good on ben. he is never getting to a title shot now.

Comment

they are saying geathje or cowboy. i think connor and cowboy can sell as either co-main or a main, and connor can beat cowboy. connor really can't lose his next fight.

good on ben. he is never getting to a title shot now.
                            Id perfer to see the gaethje matchup but would be a lot tougher of a fight for conor and im sure his camp want to make it as easy as possible.

Comment

• Happy BMF eve!! Lets get your picks. I usually only pick the main and co-main but this card is so good im giving the whole PPV card. Even Anderson-Walker on the undercard would usually make the PPV.
                              Gillespie-Desicion
                              Black Beast-KO
                              Wonderboy-TKO
                              Till-Descsion
                              Diaz-Submission

I think if Jorge is going to win it going to be a KO, and i think Nate has only been KO once so its hard to see that happening. Jorge is a Bad mother fucker tho so anything is possible. Think first 3 rounds are a stand up battle with both guys ending up bloodied. Nick gets him with a flurry of stockton slaps and drops Jorge ending up on the ground and ultimately choking him out in round 4.

Comment

• Also does anyone know if Nick can corner his bro yet? His suspension has to be over by now doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X