No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Tristar Kevin Lee to win. I am hoping faras can add in some humbleness, and help Lee grow as a fighter, or he is out of the ufc soon. Gregor is a monster though

Jonnhy walker

Wonderboy has to hope he doesn't get touched by luque. I think wonderboy wins by decision or gets knocked out there.

I think Kelvin knocks till out.

I think nate can win a sub, but won't even try unless somehow Jorge takes him down. Jorge knockout, or decision.

Comment

• hell of a card. Till and Gatelum was kind of underwhelming.
      Sucks it ended that way. NYSAC doesn't have much experince ive seen way worse and if they knew anything about Nate that pretty par for the course. I mean Jorge was winning handily but round 4 and 5 are where diaz shines. Masvidal was lighting fast and 90 percent of dude would have been KOd 3 times. As fans its almost a best case scenario cause we get to see that shit again. Just takes alot of wind out of it. Im sure Jorge didn't want to win that way. I have big respect he wants to run it back cause he is easily next in line for the winner of usman-covingtton.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• They delayed Canelos fight against Kovalev by an hour or something and showed the BMF Fight on the Jumbotron at MGM Grand ... the world is a crazy place. UFC is officially King.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          They delayed Canelos fight against Kovalev by an hour or something and showed the BMF Fight on the Jumbotron at MGM Grand ... the world is a crazy place. UFC is officially King.
          Alvarez banked $35 million. DAZN is paying that promotion $365,000,000 for 10 fights!

At some point, these numbers just don't add up. These boxing matches aren't doing much more than UFC and you have guys making millions versus hundreds of thousands (only referring to the top of the cards here). How is this sustainable? And where is all this UFC money going?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            They delayed Canelos fight against Kovalev by an hour or something and showed the BMF Fight on the Jumbotron at MGM Grand ... the world is a crazy place. UFC is officially King.
            that's huge

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Alvarez banked $35 million. DAZN is paying that promotion $365,000,000 for 10 fights!

At some point, these numbers just don't add up. These boxing matches aren't doing much more than UFC and you have guys making millions versus hundreds of thousands (only referring to the top of the cards here). How is this sustainable? And where is all this UFC money going?
              I think this is more the real question to be asking. In boxing, the fighters are the commodity, and they generally paid as such, earning the majority of the revenue, and with most promoters getting a glorified Managers Fee (5-10%). Obviously there are the special cases like Don King, but for the most part, the Boxers take what is theirs, because if a promotion jerks them around, they simply change promoters.

In UFC, the Promotion keeps the Lions Share of the revenue, and keeps fighters under strict contracts to limit options.

Precisely the reason Randy Couture and GSP were both trying to start up a Fighters Union.

Comment

• dana pushing cowboy/connor for 246. i like this better than connor/frankie. good for cowboy to get paid one really big time purse.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  dana pushing cowboy/connor for 246. i like this better than connor/frankie. good for cowboy to get paid one really big time purse.

Would be happy for cowboy. But conor shouldn't just be allowed to come back to a gimme fight. Give him gaethje or porrier. The cowboy matchup doesn't really get me excited

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Would be happy for cowboy. But conor shouldn't just be allowed to come back to a gimme fight. Give him gaethje or porrier. The cowboy matchup doesn't really get me excited
                    it is my least favourite of the matchups, but i think a gimme fight is exactly what connor needs. if connor, or the ufc are going to get anything else out of connor he has to win. i can see a connor poirrier rematch after that, if connor wins. i doubt connor wants to go near gaethje

Comment

• jones reyes is happening. hope reyes touches jones at least once, real well.

Comment

• Mcgregor-Cowboy booked for January card. Gonna be at welterweight
                        Last edited by bertarapsfan; Thu Nov 28, 2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Mcgregor-Cowboy booked for January card. Gonna be at welterweight
                          i hope cowboy wins, but i think connor wins and then nate unretires for the trilogy? 100 million year for connor.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i hope cowboy wins, but i think connor wins and then nate unretires for the trilogy? 100 million year for connor.
                            Me to. Wonder what Conor would do if he lost. Just walk away? I guarantee Conor wanted Nate to win the BMF fight so he could get the trilogy with him right away. I guess one extra pay day with the cowboy fight then do the trilogy anyways.

Comment

• I could see a scenario where the next fight big card is Nate-Conor & Masvidal-Nick Co-main event

Comment

• championship money building abulmanap and khabib a new world class gym in dagestan. this is bad news for everyone, as the dagestanis are vicious practicing with just the current hills, and rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X