The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I could see a scenario where the next fight big card is Nate-Conor & Masvidal-Nick Co-main event
    i think connor/cowboy is on jones/reyes card. chael was wondering who is the main event if connor isn't even a champion, and jones is in the heavier weight class. i think it is safe to say a connor fight sells better than a jones fight, and connor/cowboy will headline.

i'm happy for cowboy, but sad too. he waited to long to have a kid, and find an external motivation force. his skill set with a more disciplined/focused early life fight training/fighting might have been champ, maybe could have beaten rda.

Comment

• https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/...polaris-12-ufc

i don't know how rockhold is going to get knocked out in a grappling match, but i expect rockhold to find a way.

Comment

• nice to see that making it huge and to espn that ariel still gets the canadian cold.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/...polaris-12-ufc

i don't know how rockhold is going to get knocked out in a grappling match, but i expect rockhold to find a way.
          At least he's not fighting MMA anymore. Someone talked some sense into him.... guy is a punch or two away from being in a wheelchair.

Comment

i think connor/cowboy is on jones/reyes card. chael was wondering who is the main event if connor isn't even a champion, and jones is in the heavier weight class. i think it is safe to say a connor fight sells better than a jones fight, and connor/cowboy will headline.

i'm happy for cowboy, but sad too. he waited to long to have a kid, and find an external motivation force. his skill set with a more disciplined/focused early life fight training/fighting might have been champ, maybe could have beaten rda.
            Conor vs Cowboy is UFC 246 in January. Jones vs Reyes is UFC 247 in February. So they're ok there. And then Khabib v Ferguson in April. Solid start to the year!!

And ya, I love Cowboy, but you never know, he still might surprise us. He's getting his big pay day, so I'm happy about that. He'll probably ride off into the Sunset if he loses against Conor. And I'd be okay with that. Dude is a legend regardless.

Comment

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/...polaris-12-ufc

LOL. There was a headbutt that cut him, they kept fighting though.. You're a soothsayer!

Comment

• i don't want gsp for jorge. i don't think that does anything for gsp's legacy. i only want to know who is the goat.

Comment

i don't want gsp for jorge. i don't think that does anything for gsp's legacy. i only want to know who is the goat.
                  GSP isn't coming back to fight Masvidal. That's absurd. He's only coming back to fight Khabib. There isn't anyone else who makes any sense.

Comment

• worth it to jump to 9:45 and just watch the end clip. lol.

Comment

• Decent free card tonight espically both of the HW fights
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Decent free card tonight espically both of the HW fights
                        really good card. i don't know if dan murgliota is going to get in trouble for his candor with struve.

the 2nd twister finish in history, 2 draws, and a crazy face splitting final second knockout. i thought dc talking about his dad was pretty cool too, with the loss so fresh. he misses his dad. card lasted so long though. i have gotten used to the quick 2 hour espn cards.

Comment

really good card. i don't know if dan murgliota is going to get in trouble for his candor with struve.

the 2nd twister finish in history, 2 draws, and a crazy face splitting final second knockout. i thought dc talking about his dad was pretty cool too, with the loss so fresh. he misses his dad. card lasted so long though. i have gotten used to the quick 2 hour espn cards.
                          Mirgolatas conversation was defiantly suspect. Refs should be impartial not egg a guy on to just survive a minute and a half. That was a really weird fight tho with the 2 groin kicks. He took the whole 5 minutes each time. Also 2 draw!? wft a bettor could have hit big time if he bet both of those.

Also that last second punch on reem was the worst cosmetic damage i have ever seen with a single punch that was nasty. rozenstruick vs Ngannou would be awesome. I wouldn't mind a rozenstruick derrick lewis fight either
                          Last edited by bertarapsfan; Mon Dec 9, 2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• i think colby will win tomorrow. i was going to pick volkanovski but he is much shorter than max, and i think max is going to jab him for 5 rounds. i think nunes is lucky to be a champ on this card. i'm excited to see how much weight aldo puts on, he looked much bigger than than moraes.

Comment

• Faber
                              Morales
                              Nunes
                              Holloway
                              Covington
                              Think these guys wrestling cancel each other out and alot of the fight stays on the feet. Colby catches him with a big shot and finishs him with a TKO with ground and pound.

Comment

• Colby is a tough son of a bitch, I'll give him that. But god damn I am happy to see him get knocked on his ass like that. Usman is scary. Looking at them side by side, Usman looked WAY bigger and stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X