No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought randamie might have won after the first round, but she couldn't stop a single take down.

that was a great test for usman, good for him.

happy for volkanovski, and he had a great game plan that he didn't waiver from.

i thought aldo won, but not a bad decision. aldo thinks he gets scoring like he was champion on cards, and was passive like moraes had to take his belt. i hope aldo tries again at 135, and is aggressive. he walked through moraes power shots and looked fresh at the end.

geoff neal has the best boxing at 170. that dude is smooth, and fast. knocking out perry in round one is boss.

petr yan, this is the second fight i saw him in, that dude is solid. that's a tank at 135. power for days, insane hand speed, and laser pointer accuracy. i think faber retires again.

aldana, i almost put money on her as the dog but i didn't know who the other woman was, looked great.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Dec 15, 2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Tyson Fury saying he's got two more boxing matches on his contract (assume Wilder and Joshua), and then he is moving to the UFC ... I could see him doing some serious damage to the Heavy Weight division. At 6'9", dude would be a monster in there.

Comment

• Would have been interesting to see what happened if it went to the scorecards. Colby was landing more but Usman had more power, those body shots especially were deadly. Judges had it 3-1 2-2 1-3 going into the final round. The judge who had it 2-2 would have basically decided the fight in the 5th.

A rematch should happen somewhere down the line, Jorge should get the next shot but i dont know if he even cares about the Title. I think he wants Nick next, but would a Colby-Jorge do more PPV then a Usman-Jorge? I think the former team mates/bad blood aspect of a Colby-Jorge might make both of them more $ then a title shot
        Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Dec 15, 2019, 07:09 PM.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Would have been interesting to see what happened if it went to the scorecards. Colby was landing more but Usman had more power, those body shots especially were deadly. Judges had it 3-1 2-2 1-3 going into the final round. The judge who had it 2-2 would have basically decided the fight in the 5th.

A rematch should happen somewhere down the line, Jorge should get the next shot but i dont know if he even cares about the Title. I think he wants Nick next, but would a Colby-Jorge do more PPV then a Usman-Jorge? I think the former team mates/bad blood aspect of a Colby-Jorge might make both of them more $ then a title shot
          By the end of the fight, Usman had landed significantly more strikes, to the body, to the head, with more power and a much better efficiency rate. Honestly, I only gave Colby the first round. I don't think it was that close, so I honestly don't think it needs a rematch. Not unless Colby goes on to win a few more in a row and earn his shot at a rematch. Guys that get TKO'd shouldn't get rematches in my opinion.

That first straight right that Usman landed to put Colby on his ass the first time was one of the most perfect punches I've ever seen. Usman should be a star. Dude is monster, and only 1 win away from matching GSPs record of consecutive wins at Welterweight.
          Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 15, 2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

By the end of the fight, Usman had landed significantly more strikes, to the body, to the head, with more power and a much better efficiency rate. Honestly, I only gave Colby the first round. I don't think it was that close, so I honestly don't think it needs a rematch. Not unless Colby goes on to win a few more in a row and earn his shot at a rematch. Guys that get TKO'd shouldn't get rematches in my opinion.

That first straight right that Usman landed to put Colby on his ass the first time was one of the most perfect punches I've ever seen. Usman should be a star. Dude is monster, and only 1 win away from matching GSPs record of consecutive wins at Welterweight.
            I think Colby had the 1st and 4th. I'm not talking immediate rematch but something maybe 2 fights away for both of them. The bad blood and storyline are there and it was a close enough fight that the UFC would love to headline a card with those two again maybe in a year or 2.

Comment

• i thought colby was losing that fight. he should have tried to wrestle. he went at maia, that's risky. he lost his pace advantage having a kickboxing fight.

i like colby/jorge, but i want jorge/nick diaz first. jorge wants the money, and if colby was champ that was the money, now i think nick is the money fight.

i think they are going to have a hard time headlining ppvs with morty fakenewsman, lol. we all watched to watch colby get what's coming.

Comment

• Nah, Masvidal-Usman is the fight. No lose situation for UFC as it gives them a more marketable champ, whoever wins. Covington-Woodley probably makes the most sense but Covington is going to be out for awhile with the jaw injury. Leon Edwards needs a fight, too, but Woodley has said he won't fight overseas, so not sure where that leaves the division when all your top 5 guys are waiting on fights...

Comment

• Really good breakdown of a revamped and engaged Connor. This guy mixedwhoppedmolly makes the best videos. Same as khabib rise of a Savage.

Comment

• just put some money down on cowboy at almost 4 to 1. this whole card looks like an attempt to make sure the main event can not be over shadowed. except the connor fight no other fight interests me. free easy money on macey barber.

it seems that the bmf belt is a real thing. shouldn't that guy get to choose his ideal weight and anyone coming for the belt has to meet his weight. but this only works until a 250 pounder cuts and wins to 170 lol.

Comment

• cowboy connor

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        just put some money down on cowboy at almost 4 to 1. this whole card looks like an attempt to make sure the main event can not be over shadowed. except the connor fight no other fight interests me. free easy money on macey barber.

it seems that the bmf belt is a real thing. shouldn't that guy get to choose his ideal weight and anyone coming for the belt has to meet his weight. but this only works until a 250 pounder cuts and wins to 170 lol.
                        Cowboy has a chance if he wrestle and lands heavy leg kicks early to slow down Conor. But he's a fan favorite for a reason, think he stands and give everybody a kick boxing match. Still the odds are good enough its worth throwing some $ on Cowboy. Cowboy will land some shots but see this ending in a bloody TKO for conor in the 2nd or 3rd. The other fight that is the most interesting is the Pettis fight. Always like watching him and would be cool if he could string together a win streak.

Probably going to go with
                        Pettis
                        Gadehla
                        Olenik
                        Holm
                        Mcgregor

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Cowboy has a chance if he wrestle and lands heavy leg kicks early to slow down Conor. But he's a fan favorite for a reason, think he stands and give everybody a kick boxing match. Still the odds are good enough its worth throwing some $ on Cowboy. Cowboy will land some shots but see this ending in a bloody TKO for conor in the 2nd or 3rd. The other fight that is the most interesting is the Pettis fight. Always like watching him and would be cool if he could string together a win streak.

Probably going to go with
                          Pettis
                          Gadehla
                          Olenik
                          Holm
                          Mcgregor
                          i think conor will win too. it was actually 3.38 to 1, but i think cowboy has a decent chance. listening to chael that conor came in at 168 against nate, and cowboy has to cut to 170, and i hope cowboy is motivated to win for his kid, and wrestles.

Comment

• I wouldn't even care if there was only the one fight on the card, I'd still pay for it. Lol Cowboy is a legend and one of my favourite fighters ever. And as much of a d-bag as Conor is, I respect the fuck out of him and what he does in the Octagon.

Diaz v Mcgregor 2 is easily one of my favourite fights ever, and I could see this one being similar. This is gonna be a slobber-knocker-barn-burner-rootin-tootin fight. Really looking forward to it. No idea what to expect, and I love that I have no idea what to expect. Those are the best fights. I could 100% see this fight going the full 5 rounds like D v M 2.
                            Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 9, 2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't even care if there was only the one fight on the card, I'd still pay for it. Lol Cowboy is a legend and one of my favourite fighters ever. And as much of a d-bag as Conor is, I respect the fuck out of him and what he does in the Octagon.

Diaz v Mcgregor 2 is easily one of my favourite fights ever, and I could see this one being similar. This is gonna be a slobber-knocker-barn-burner-rootin-tootin fight. Really looking forward to it. No idea what to expect, and I love that I have no idea what to expect. Those are the best fights. I could 100% see this fight going the full 5 rounds like D v M 2.
                              i hope it's good. i hope cowboy doesn't get embarrassed. that's all i want. they have set everything up to give connor the future, and ego boost he needs to stay relevant and engaged in the ufc. the way the internet is expecting cowboy to get dusted, i want him to not get embarrassed, win or lose. get your money, and keep your dignity, because nearly every layman thinks you are getting paid to lose.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i hope it's good. i hope cowboy doesn't get embarrassed. that's all i want. they have set everything up to give connor the future, and ego boost he needs to stay relevant and engaged in the ufc. the way the internet is expecting cowboy to get dusted, i want him to not get embarrassed, win or lose. get your money, and keep your dignity, because nearly every layman thinks you are getting paid to lose.
                                I don't see Cowboy getting embarrassed at all. To do that he'd like be lights-out KO'd, and he's never been totally KO'd in his career - don't see that happening now. I guess that, or Conor completely outclassing him, but I also don't see that. I see Cowboy at least putting up more of a fight than Eddie did, and I loved Eddie.

Comment

Working...
                                X