The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to remind people:

Look how fast Conors counters are. If Cowboy isn't careful, Conor could just chip away at him.

Comment

• connor video ffrom mixedwhopmolly

Comment

• Conor and cowboy make weight. Connor 170,cowboy 170.5

Comment

• anyone try proper 12? i drove an hour in a snowstorm to the nearest bottle. going to wait until gloves touch to try it. only irish whiskey i have ever drank was jameson.

Comment

• 3rd modeferri fight I've seen, and this is the fight of her life. Good for her. Macy is tough as shit.

Comment

• frigging foot tap. that was cool.

Comment

• as expected. Give conor a challenging matchup next time please. Masvidal, Gaethje, fergurson/khabib hell even covington if he's gonna stay at 170.

Another note i was only a pettis victory away from winning my main card parlay. damm it
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Conor looked great. No one has ever done that Cowboy. Conor looked really explosive. He sent the message he needed to send.

Comment

• Those shoulder strikes were wild. Thinking outside the box there from Conor. Cowboy was caught off guard by em.

Almost never see those shots, but I'd put money down and say that we see shoulder strikes in the clinch ALOT more going forward.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Those shoulder strikes were wild. Thinking outside the box there from Conor. Cowboy was caught off guard by em.

Almost never see those shots, but I'd put money down and say that we see shoulder strikes in the clinch ALOT more going forward.
                      Jon Jones has done it a lot, to good effect, some other guys. Never seen a borderline KO from them before, though. Usually used to maintain clinch control, etc.

All of which to say: I think that match said more about Cowboy than it did about Conor. It will be very interesting to see him against someone not on the downswing. He was smart to turn down Gaethje, and I think it's telling that Conor is barely acknowledging him as an option going forward, either. The odds of McGregor beating any of the top options at 155, to me, doesn't look great (Khabib will maul him again, Tony, Gaethje are all bad matchups, maybe he can beat Poirier), nor does it look much better at 170 (maybe he beats Masvidal, but I doubt it, and any of Usman/Woodley/Covington/Edwards would humble him, in my opinion).

Cowboy said something in the post-match interview - "I didn't think I'd get beat that fast", or something. I think this was a big payday for him, nothing more, and he expected all along to lose. Not a good mentality going in against a guy like Conor...
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• decent card tonight.

blades/jds is a nice fight, i like blades. hardworking heavyweight that had to work hard for his spot.

the cheisa/rds fight is nice too.

angela hill is a fine woman fighter, but tends to lose

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          decent card tonight.

blades/jds is a nice fight, i like blades. hardworking heavyweight that had to work hard for his spot.

the cheisa/rds fight is nice too.

angela hill is a fine woman fighter, but tends to lose
                          Ya pretty good for a free card. usually only the main event interests me in these one. i Like Blaydes to could get a title shot if he wins this one in impressive fashion. Going to go with the upset in the Co-main and say Cheisa get it done by decision.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya pretty good for a free card. usually only the main event interests me in these one. i Like Blaydes to could get a title shot if he wins this one in impressive fashion. Going to go with the upset in the Co-main and say Cheisa get it done by decision.
                            I think cheisa wins by sub.

Has any broken foot ever cost more money than missing a ppv Conor fight as champ?

I don't think blades gets a shot though. They will sell rumble at heavyweight soon, and predator vs rorschach coming soon. Nganou vs rozenstuck is probably going to get next shot. Ufc makes the non flashy work for it.

Comment

• Bisping and DC commentating.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                Bisping and DC commentating.
                                They were a really good and funny together. Don't know if this is the first time they've done it together but hopefully its not the last.
                                Won both my bets tonight to (Chiesa by desicion and Blaydes to win in the 2nd round).

Comment

Working...
                                X