No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaydes missed a good opportunity to call DC while he was interviewing him. DC would never take that fight but it would have been funny just to see how he reacted.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Blaydes missed a good opportunity to call DC while he was interviewing him. DC would never take that fight but it would have been funny just to see how he reacted.
      agreed. dc would have played with it and blaydes might have gotten ahead.

curtis looked much more fluid in his movements. love watching fighter growth. i like when a beast shows up, but i really like watching someone clean up their game and find success.

i thought cheisa was going to finish in the first round when he got the back with 230 left.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

agreed. dc would have played with it and blaydes might have gotten ahead.

curtis looked much more fluid in his movements. love watching fighter growth. i like when a beast shows up, but i really like watching someone clean up their game and find success.

i thought cheisa was going to finish in the first round when he got the back with 230 left.
        Ya cheisa had lots of opportunity to get the sub, but luckily RDA grappling was just good enough to escape.

It kinda sucks for Blaydes now he's in a tough spot. Rozenstruick and Ngannaou have the hype. No timeline for a Stipe-DC triology. He's right their for a shot but the belts going to be tied up for awhile. I guess he probably gets whoever win Derrick Lewis vs Lattifi

Comment

It kinda sucks for Blaydes now he's in a tough spot. Rozenstruick and Ngannaou have the hype. No timeline for a Stipe-DC triology. He's right their for a shot but the belts going to be tied up for awhile. I guess he probably gets whoever win Derrick Lewis vs Lattifi
          i forgot about lattifi/lewis. that is a great fight too. latiffi is like a pale yoel romero that fights at heavyweight.

i agree on blaydes. dc is gonna want his shot, and stipe is out with injury. dc/stipe 3 is the money fight. i don't think stipe would want nganou again if he beats rozenstruk. i thought rozenstruck was a dutchmen, he is south american. didn't even know his country existed.

i think the winner of latiffi/lewis is a great call for his next fight, or nganou if he loses.

Comment

• i don't like the piling onto stephen a smith right now. for an ethos that is one of respect, and no ego jiu jitsu trainers to be ridiculing someone trying to physically understand the sport bothers me. i don't mind correcting him with the fight, but i also agree we all expected what happened to happen, just not so quick.

encourage him, and bring him to tenth planet to train. don't make fun of a grown man learning something new. really if anything it's his coach setting up the pads.

Comment

i don't like the piling onto stephen a smith right now. for an ethos that is one of respect, and no ego jiu jitsu trainers to be ridiculing someone trying to physically understand the sport bothers me. i don't mind correcting him with the fight, but i also agree we all expected what happened to happen, just not so quick.

encourage him, and bring him to tenth planet to train. don't make fun of a grown man learning something new. really if anything it's his coach setting up the pads.
              100% agree. But Smith also needs to recognize when he's stepped in some shit, and just shut up about it.
              Both Rogan and Mcgregor have tried to correct his take and he refuses to budge an inch. If he had conceded that he knew nothing, said he wanted to learn, and moved forward, then I think he'd get a much different response. MMA is very much a sport of "earn your respect". Smith hasn't done anything to earn anyone in MMAs respect.

Comment

• Lots of noise about Conor or Nick Diaz fights. But this is the one that truly should be made for a rankings stand point.
                Masvidal might not want to risk his meteoric rise yet, but if he wants the title shot i believe it's his.
                It would be bullshit for anyone else to get the next Usman fight I.E Conor unless Jorge turns it down.

Comment

Lots of noise about Conor or Nick Diaz fights. But this is the one that truly should be made for a rankings stand point.
                  Masvidal might not want to risk his meteoric rise yet, but if he wants the title shot i believe it's his.
                  It would be bullshit for anyone else to get the next Usman fight I.E Conor unless Jorge turns it down.
                  i agree with that is the fight to make. jorge has said he wants the money fights, and except for some super exceptions the belt is where the money is. the only way masvidal doesn't take that fight is if dana wants to try and headline a ppv card with the bmf and no nate/connor to sell the fight.

i like jorge, but i don't think he is a draw yet. we watched for ben, and we watched for nate.

i think usman is too good a wrestler, and too dedicated a wrestler to lose to masvidal.

Comment

i agree with that is the fight to make. jorge has said he wants the money fights, and except for some super exceptions the belt is where the money is. the only way masvidal doesn't take that fight is if dana wants to try and headline a ppv card with the bmf and no nate/connor to sell the fight.

i like jorge, but i don't think he is a draw yet. we watched for ben, and we watched for nate.

i think usman is too good a wrestler, and too dedicated a wrestler to lose to masvidal.
                    Ya that what makes me think Jorge may not actually take it. Very bad matchup for him and the money and hype will only keep building if he fights Nick or Conor and wins (Both of which are better fights stylistically then Usman). But i disagree i think he's a draw already. I would put him only behind Conor and ahead of Jon Jones as a head turner at the moment.

Comment

Ya that what makes me think Jorge may not actually take it. Very bad matchup for him and the money and hype will only keep building if he fights Nick or Conor and wins (Both of which are better fights stylistically then Usman). But i disagree i think he's a draw already. I would put him only behind Conor and ahead of Jon Jones as a head turner at the moment.
                      masvidal nick would sell so good, the big brother coming out to defend his little bros loss. money.

i think we are all watching jon so we can watch him lose. i don't think i have ever wanted someone to lose as bad as him. i don't want him to take a beating, just lose. i'm an avid jones hater. respect the technique, but can't tell when he wasn't cheating.

looking at the rankings, and colby jumps out. that is a fight that might be able to headline a ppv, with no real belt on the line, and both fighters get paid.

lol, cowboy went from 5 to 17 after conor.
                      http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/welterweight/

nick or colby would sell. i don't think connor wants that fight. jorge is super dangerous, and durable. the win against till showed that single shot power punches aren't enough to keep jorge down.

Comment

masvidal nick would sell so good, the big brother coming out to defend his little bros loss. money.

i think we are all watching jon so we can watch him lose. i don't think i have ever wanted someone to lose as bad as him. i don't want him to take a beating, just lose. i'm an avid jones hater. respect the technique, but can't tell when he wasn't cheating.

looking at the rankings, and colby jumps out. that is a fight that might be able to headline a ppv, with no real belt on the line, and both fighters get paid.

lol, cowboy went from 5 to 17 after conor.
                        http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/welterweight/

nick or colby would sell. i don't think connor wants that fight. jorge is super dangerous, and durable. the win against till showed that single shot power punches aren't enough to keep jorge down.
                        Ya agree with wanting to see Jon lose, but there's not many matchups in the LHW that even give you a little hope that he might. DC 2 was the last fight i really was invested involving Jon and even then it was still a slim chance. Colby-Jorge would be interesting but if jorge is going to fight an elite wrestle he might as well take on usman.

Comment

• Comment

• horse's mouth. jorge/usman in july

Comment

• Man, Jon Jones is intimidating as fuck. But in the calmest, more relaxed way possible. The first like 15-20 minutes is him just giving the same calculated answers to the same questions he's answered 100 times ... but where he starts to talk about Israel, and more on Reyes, you see the real Jon ... dude's got some scary energy around him, and I dig it ...
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 3, 2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Man, Jon Jones is intimidating as fuck. But in the calmest, more relaxed way possible. The first like 15-20 minutes is him just giving the same calculated answers to the same questions he's answered 100 times ... but where he starts to talk about Israel, and more on Reyes, you see the real Jon ... dude's got some scary energy around him, and I dig it ...
                                I hope he goes to sleep.

When you've done enough steroids that they have to change the rules to allow them to always be in your system, you know you have an advantage over people, and it breeds confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X