Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

I hope he goes to sleep.

When you've done enough steroids that they have to change the rules to allow them to always be in your system, you know you have an advantage over people, and it breeds confidence.
    Re: Bolded - Not happening. Haven't you heard that it's impossible to sleep while on Coke? Lol

With regards to the steroids ... I try not to let that taint my respect for what he does in the octagon, but of course it will colour it a little bit ... I'm torn. Jon used to be my favourite fighter, and I still think he's one of the best of all time, and don't think steroids had anything to do with that ... but ya ... what do I know. lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Re: Bolded - Not happening. Haven't you heard that it's impossible to sleep while on Coke? Lol
      hahahaha

Comment

• i just wish he wasn't a cheater. his skills are indisputable, but i don't think he is a good person. a good person would have helped machido to the ground.

Comment

i don't like the piling onto stephen a smith right now. for an ethos that is one of respect, and no ego jiu jitsu trainers to be ridiculing someone trying to physically understand the sport bothers me. i don't mind correcting him with the fight, but i also agree we all expected what happened to happen, just not so quick.

encourage him, and bring him to tenth planet to train. don't make fun of a grown man learning something new. really if anything it's his coach setting up the pads.
          SAS challenged me to a fight once, very true story. Via email, it was hilarious. Back in my "Superjudge" days when I was pretty harsh.

Comment

• conor wants a boxing match next. if true, i think its super smart. win or lose the mma memory is cowboy, and the return is always better than the coming off a loss, even if he loses the boxing fight.

Comment

conor wants a boxing match next. if true, i think its super smart. win or lose the mma memory is cowboy, and the return is always better than the coming off a loss, even if he loses the boxing fight.

I'm not to take Conor seriously till he fights a top guy again. To me this scream he knows he doesn't have a good matchup and has a high chance of losing against the top guys right now. Trying to keep milking the cash cow before he has to fight khabib/usman/masvidal and the pay days start to get smaller.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm not to take Conor seriously till he fights a top guy again. To me this scream he knows he doesn't have a good matchup and has a high chance of losing against the top guys right now. Trying to keep milking the cash cow before he has to fight khabib/usman/masvidal and the pay days start to get smaller.
                I agree. That's why I think it is smart. If he loses in the ufc the khabib fight loses luster. If he loses to Floyd or Manny the khabib fight doesn't suffer.

Khabib can lose to Tony, Connor can lose in boxing, 100 million.

Connor might be a self made billionaire at some point.

Comment

• Pretty good one tonight. Both champs are heavy favorites. Think if one of the champs was going to lose i would be Jones. Maybe im just biased cause that what i want to happen but think this is Jons toughest fight since guftafson. He did look vulnerable against santos as well. Might lay one $ on a Reyes TKO.

Outside the 2 mains im excited for Lewis/Lattfi. Always love Derrick but i think Lattfi might have this one. Someones going to sleep for sure

Comment

Pretty good one tonight. Both champs are heavy favorites. Think if one of the champs was going to lose i would be Jones. Maybe im just biased cause that what i want to happen but think this is Jons toughest fight since guftafson. He did look vulnerable against santos as well. Might lay one $ on a Reyes TKO.

Outside the 2 mains im excited for Lewis/Lattfi. Always love Derrick but i think Lattfi might have this one. Someones going to sleep for sure
                    i think jones has the chance to lose, just because reyes sleeps people. just checked 5.95 on the tko. nice.

lattfi looks fat, he looked like he wants to try bulk for bulk. i thought his advantage was going to be like dc, and wrestling. he will get tired. black beast stoppage.

i didn't like the look of reyes at weigh ins though. looked like he was trying to hard to be loose, and show jones he wasn't nervous. didn't do that at other weign ins. hope he wins.

Comment

• Reyes was robbed. The only round that was clearly Jons was 4. Reyes took the first 3 IMO. And take downs when the guy immediatly is able to get to his feet should not be such a factor on the score card. I kinda expected it once it ended they would give it to Jon. I know the cliche is you have to definitively win a belt but you cant tell me if that was a championship fight that Reyes wouldnt have got the W.
                      Cant believe one judge had it 49-46. Cost me 100 bucks too fuck.
                      The judges where inconsistent too, They gave Derrick lewis the desision even tho lattfi controlled him on the ground 2 round. But they give jon rounds for quick takedowns that last 5 seconds?

Comment

Reyes was robbed. The only round that was clearly Jons was 4. Reyes took the first 3 IMO. And take downs when the guy immediatly is able to get to his feet should not be such a factor on the score card. I kinda expected it once it ended they would give it to Jon. I know the cliche is you have to definitively win a belt but you cant tell me if that was a championship fight that Reyes wouldnt have got the W.
                        Cant believe one judge had it 49-46. Cost me 100 bucks too fuck.
                        The judges where inconsistent too, They gave Derrick lewis the desision even tho lattfi controlled him on the ground 2 round. But they give jon rounds for quick takedowns that last 5 seconds?
                        fell asleep. early in the evening joe saw one judge chatting and not watching the fights. i thought latffi won that fight. 30/27 beast was ridiculous.

Comment

• I don't think it was a robbery. It was a close fight. Could have seen going as a Draw. The 49-46 was obviously wack, but I had it 2-2 going into the 5th, and Jones dominated the 5th.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it was a robbery. It was a close fight. Could have seen going as a Draw. The 49-46 was obviously wack, but I had it 2-2 going into the 5th, and Jones dominated the 5th.
                            Which one of the first 3 do u think jones took? I can understand 4 and 5 for jones if you put any stock into the takedowns. Maybe ill have to rewatch it but in the heat of the moment i was pretty convinced Reyes won the first 3. I told the guys i was watching with that going into the 5th that reyes had to win the round to get the fight. It just seems like judge will never give a 3-2 fight to the challenger in a championship fight. Reyes need to be 4-1 and its a shame. If that wasnt for a belt i dont think Reyes loses. It wasn't quite as bad as hendricks-GSP but it had errily similar vibes

Comment

• money on the polish power stoppage tonight. i usually like the carpenter, but good numbers, and jan is a better fighter than last time.

i like the bonterin/borg fight, and vanatta/mederios is a great fight as the prelims feature.

means, and dodson are two former champion challengers at 125, now on early prelims.

decent card. first and last fight of the main card are nice. a good bread shit sandwich.

edit add: i can't hear, or read the name lando without immediately my brain going into family guy "let me tell you about it stud." and then going into the give up the toad song. every time.

Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Feb 15, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

money on the polish power stoppage tonight. i usually like the carpenter, but good numbers, and jan is a better fighter than last time.

i like the bonterin/borg fight, and vanatta/mederios is a great fight as the prelims feature.

means, and dodson are two former champion challengers at 125, now on early prelims.

decent card. first and last fight of the main card are nice. a good bread shit sandwich.

edit add: i can't hear, or read the name lando without immediately my brain going into family guy "let me tell you about it stud." and then going into the give up the toad song. every time.

I've found since signing with ESPN, they start with the main card now with a decent fight, rather than back load them all on the main. I like it. Jan looked great last night. Curious to see what Jones can do with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X