No announcement yet.

The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought tonight's card was going to be an afternoon show, but the nice new Zealanders will have a brunch buffet on perverts fights row.

Hooker/Felder is great. Felder to win by decision, and then maybe a Connor fight. Irish vs Irish. Pretty meh card after that. Angela Hill on a week's notice after fighting a few weeks ago is cool.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      I thought tonight's card was going to be an afternoon show, but the nice new Zealanders will have a brunch buffet on perverts fights row.

Hooker/Felder is great. Felder to win by decision, and then maybe a Connor fight. Irish vs Irish. Pretty meh card after that. Angela Hill on a week's notice after fighting a few weeks ago is cool.
      Hooker/Felder should be good that was one of the fights i was hoping for after Hooker beat Al.
      Ill take Hooker to ride the home town crowd and get the W. Decision or late fight sub.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Big Cajones on Israel for taking this fight. I didn't quite believe the hype before the Whittaker fight. But he proved himself. Last fight he cemented himself as a superstar to the casual. If he can handle Romeo he will cement himself as a superstar to the hardcore fans.
        On paper he should win but man Romero can just end anyones night early with 1 shot. Izzy going to have to fight a technical fight. Lots of jabbing and moving and lots of kicks. Maybe work the legs hard early to try and take some power out of Yoels legs and effect his base.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Big Cajones on Israel for taking this fight. I didn't quite believe the hype before the Whittaker fight. But he proved himself. Last fight he cemented himself as a superstar to the casual. If he can handle Romeo he will cement himself as a superstar to the hardcore fans.
          On paper he should win but man Romero can just end anyones night early with 1 shot. Izzy going to have to fight a technical fight. Lots of jabbing and moving and lots of kicks. Maybe work the legs hard early to try and take some power out of Yoels legs and effect his base.
          I didn't believe the hype either. Adesanya might have a staph infection. Told areil no anti biotics.

Comment

• both make weight

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

both make weight
              Romero a scary mofo. I dont know what to think about the strawweight title. I havent really seen much of Zhang besides her championship fight, Joanna seems like she isnt the same anymore and focusing more on the celebrity life. But she's still one of the most technical fluid stand up womens fighters and great at fighting for points. Seems a fight that goes the distance would favour Joanna

Comment

Romero a scary mofo. I dont know what to think about the strawweight title. I havent really seen much of Zhang besides her championship fight, Joanna seems like she isnt the same anymore and focusing more on the celebrity life. But she's still one of the most technical fluid stand up womens fighters and great at fighting for points. Seems a fight that goes the distance would favour Joanna
                i think zhang going to beat her up. joanna can't make the weight easy anymore.

I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM ZHANG!

Comment

• Holy fuck what a fight. Joanna looked fucking crazy by the end.

Comment

Big Cajones on Israel for taking this fight. I didn't quite believe the hype before the Whittaker fight. But he proved himself. Last fight he cemented himself as a superstar to the casual. If he can handle Romeo he will cement himself as a superstar to the hardcore fans.
                    Well this was a pretty good prediction other then the part of Izzy cementing himself as a superstar to the hardcore.
                    I actually thought yoel startegy was really good for 1st 2 rounds. Izzy came in close 2 times and got rocked both, so that made him timid. He should have followed that up by chasing him down starting in round 3. Yoel crazy thinking the onus was on Izzy to stand in the middle and bang. Smart fight by izzy, pretty boring result but win none the less.

Comment

• Romero’s strategy was a great one if the idea was simply not to get countered: if you don’t do anything then you won’t get hit. The problem is that it isn’t a great strategy if you actually want to win the fight. Adesanya for his part never forced Romero to do anything and he couldn’t counter the few times he had chances. That was not a good fight and it was not a tactical battle or whatever bullshit was trying to justify it with after the fact.

That women’s fight was the best women’s combat match I have ever seen. Tough to see Joanna at the end but what a contest. Fight of the year so far.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        That women’s fight was the best women’s combat match I have ever seen. Tough to see Joanna at the end but what a contest. Fight of the year so far.
                        I said exactly this while watching the card with some friends. That was the womens version of Rory vs. Lawler. Absolute warriors out there.

Weili will headline a card. She's that good.

Comment

• Romero actually won the fight in my opinion, but he didn't do enough to take the belt. So Izzy get's the win.

Comment

Holy fuck what a fight. Joanna looked fucking crazy by the end.
                            At our table we came up with Klingon and Bride of Frankenstein. I figure it'll be a meme by tomorrow. Lol

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Romero’s strategy was a great one if the idea was simply not to get countered: if you don’t do anything then you won’t get hit. The problem is that it isn’t a great strategy if you actually want to win the fight. Adesanya for his part never forced Romero to do anything and he couldn’t counter the few times he had chances. That was not a good fight and it was not a tactical battle or whatever bullshit was trying to justify it with after the fact.

i liked romero stragtery if it was only planned to last first 2 rounds. Izzy was absolutely shook and wouldnt come in after getting rocked the first 2 time he tried to close distance. Romeo should have went balls to the wall in the 3rd and then could have counter struck round 4 and 5 when izzy would be forced to push the pace since he would feel like he was down on the cards.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X