The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Covington-Masvidal/Edwards (whomever doesn't get Usman). Not sure why Covington would take a Woodley fight.
    $. It looks like masvidal is only interested in a Diaz fight right now. Burns might get Usman since leon cant get out of England and I dont think leon/Colby is headlining a fight night card. Maybe 3rd fight of a ppv. Woodley Colby could headline a free fight and they should be able to sell that pretty well
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Bad performance by Woodley. Dont think he has it in him anymore. Maybe just grabbing one last pay check and walking away
      Never been a fan of Woodley. I think he's overrated and also a damn boring fighter to watch.

Burns I guess is now the #1 contender bec he defeated Woodley but that doesn't really mean much imo. Usman would crush him.

Usman and Masvidal are the two best fighters in the divison. They're in a league of their own.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Great card and did exactly what Dana wanted. Great boost for O'Malley, Sterling and Garbrandt. Dana is a happy man. I do wonder if it wouldn't have been easier for him if Nunes lost instead though ... like who else is there for her to fight? He says "there's always someone" but there really isn't at 145.

Comment

• The more I watch it, the more I think Cody's KO was one of the best ever.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            The more I watch it, the more I think Cody's KO was one of the best ever.
            O'Malley's KO was better in my opinion. If I was a fighter and I knocked someone out, I would've had the same reaction as O'Malley lol.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• UFC 251 on Fight Island is going to be an amazing card!
              Usman vs. Burns
              Volkanovski vs. Holloway
              Peter Yan vs. Aldo
              Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
              Ribas vs. VanZant

That's a BIG main card.

Comment

UFC 251 on Fight Island is going to be an amazing card!
                Usman vs. Burns
                Volkanovski vs. Holloway
                Peter Yan vs. Aldo
                Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
                Ribas vs. VanZant

That's a BIG main card.
                Thats a hell of a card. All the title fights have a chance for either dude to win.
                Masvidal kinda missed the boat and burns struck while the iron is hot. I imagine if Burns where to win Madvidal would suddenly want the title fight.
                There may be something else brewing behind the scenes for a union of some sort of strong arm as n conor, jones, Jorge and Ceju are all "retiring" or publicly talking about poor pay

Comment

Thats a hell of a card. All the title fights have a chance for either dude to win.
                  Masvidal kinda missed the boat and burns struck while the iron is hot. I imagine if Burns where to win Madvidal would suddenly want the title fight.
                  There may be something else brewing behind the scenes for a union of some sort of strong arm as n conor, jones, Jorge and Ceju are all "retiring" or publicly talking about poor pay
                  Ya, wouldn't be the first time there has been talk of a Fighters Union - Randy Couture and GSP each both tried to start one and they went no where.
                  While it's obviously good for the fighters, unless you get everyone it's tough, and I think alot of fighters are juuust selfish enough (or desperate enough) where Dana can just negotiate with a few individuals and kill the whole endeavour.

Comment

• Usman ripped Nate Diaz on twitter today. Nate Diaz is the one UFC fighter that makes no sense whatsoever. There's confidence and then there's delusion. Dude talks like he's the GOAT or one of the GOAT. He's 20-12. If you watch his fights, he's ALWAYS gassed after the 1st round. He's just a tough dude who fights like a street fighter. And just because you're tough doesn't mean you're great. He's the Ricardo Mayorga of the UFC.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ya, wouldn't be the first time there has been talk of a Fighters Union - Randy Couture and GSP each both tried to start one and they went no where.
                      While it's obviously good for the fighters, unless you get everyone it's tough, and I think alot of fighters are juuust selfish enough (or desperate enough) where Dana can just negotiate with a few individuals and kill the whole endeavour.
                      having all the big names is a pretty big step if that is indeed whats happening. They get Izzy & Usman onboard and D.C and Stipe are about to retire who does the UFC have left to headline big cards?

Comment

having all the big names is a pretty big step if that is indeed whats happening. They get Izzy & Usman onboard and D.C and Stipe are about to retire who does the UFC have left to headline big cards?
                        I take Izzy as a company man. I don't know if he would if Dana offered a little extra on top. Honestly, it's amazing that Dana has avoided it for this long. Not sure what voodoo he is working.

Comment

I take Izzy as a company man. I don't know if he would if Dana offered a little extra on top. Honestly, it's amazing that Dana has avoided it for this long. Not sure what voodoo he is working.
                          Few reasons. Until the ongoing anti-trust litigation no one had any clear idea of what fighters were making. We now know it's ~20% of revenue. UFC also doesn't have to abide by the Ali Act, which may soon change. They also have no real competition.

I don't think much changes until the Ali Act gets amended to include MMA fighters, then, you will likely see the boxing promoters get in on the game and everything will change.

Comment

• "Can I borrow your fuckin' island?" -Dana White

Love him or hate him, Dana is gon' Dana - gotta respect him for that.

Comment

• Looks like masvidal is in!!
                              This is going to be a hell of a card. a Championship rematch in the 2nd fight of the night holy shit man i wish this one had a crowd

Comment

Looks like masvidal is in!!
                                This is going to be a hell of a card. a Championship rematch in the 2nd fight of the night holy shit man i wish this one had a crowd
                                Yeah, except Masvidal said he had a 20-pound weight cut ahead of him, so he may not even make weight. Plus, he won't have much of any time to train. I can't imagine Usman losing in these circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X