• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u lose 20 pounds in 6 days?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, except Masvidal said he had a 20-pound weight cut ahead of him, so he may not even make weight. Plus, he won't have much of any time to train. I can't imagine Usman losing in these circumstances.
      I think usman walks around at around 190. Something tell me Jorge has been training and laying in wait as the chances Usman/Burns fell apart were higher then usual. Which allowed him to capitalize and get the $ he wanted.
      I would still give Usman a 75% chance of winning. But Masvidal has a K.O chance any time he enters the cage.
      He wins and he just had the best 12 months of maybe MMA history
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Also very intrested to see Max/Volk. The leg kick pretty much sealed the fight after 2 round last time. What is Max strategy going to be this time. Will he just stay out of range and try to jump in and out? WIll he try to use the leg kick himself?
        I think of the 3 title fights Max has the best chance to pull the "upset" at least according to vegas line

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think usman walks around at around 190. Something tell me Jorge has been training and laying in wait as the chances Usman/Burns fell apart were higher then usual. Which allowed him to capitalize and get the $ he wanted.
          I would still give Usman a 75% chance of winning. But Masvidal has a K.O chance any time he enters the cage.
          He wins and he just had the best 12 months of maybe MMA history
          True, he could be sandbagging. He wins that division is going to be in chaos. Masvidal-Connor would be the fight I imagine. Lots of ticked off fighters.

Comment

• Masvidal didn't look too bad at the weigh-in, though he was definitely happy to make weight. I still like Usman and I'll take Volkanovski and Yan in the other title bouts. Namajunas beats Andrade. Amanda Ribas is going to make a real push as the next women's star in UFC....

Comment

Masvidal didn't look too bad at the weigh-in, though he was definitely happy to make weight. I still like Usman and I'll take Volkanovski and Yan in the other title bouts. Namajunas beats Andrade. Amanda Ribas is going to make a real push as the next women's star in UFC....
              Im taking Yan, Rose and holloway in a parlay. Then throw a couple bucks on Masvidal by TKO. I think Usman is the likely winner but the odds on a Jorge TKO are too good to pass.
              I think Jorge somehow catches him with a highllight reel head kick

Comment

• What a boring ass main event. I only ordered it because of Masvidal and because of the Yan/Aldo fight and the Volkan/Holloway fight. I should've known that it's gonna be a snoozefest because of Usman. I don't think I'll watch another Usman fight. I mean, damn. I watch sports to be entertained not to fall asleep.

As for the Volkan/Holloway controversy. I thought it was a very close fight. I had Volkan winning the last 3 rounds.

Yan/Aldo probably was the best fight of the night. Yan is the real deal, I'd like to see him fight either Sterling or Garbrandt next.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  What a boring ass main event. I only ordered it because of Masvidal and because of the Yan/Aldo fight and the Volkan/Holloway fight. I should've known that it's gonna be a snoozefest because of Usman. I don't think I'll watch another Usman fight. I mean, damn. I watch sports to be entertained not to fall asleep.

As for the Volkan/Holloway controversy. I thought it was a very close fight. I had Volkan winning the last 3 rounds.

Yan/Aldo probably was the best fight of the night. Yan is the real deal, I'd like to see him fight either Sterling or Garbrandt next.
                  I thought the card was really good. 3 great fight starting with rose. To volk/max.
                  I had max winning but it's not as much a robbery as some saying. 1,2 were clear max. 4,5clear volk. It all depend who you give 3 to. I think judges should weight take down defense as much as takedowns. If I guy can defend 2 takedowns and get taken down on the 3 but doesnt stay down or take much damage it's a wash IMO.

Masvidal/Usman was kind of what I expected. Mas actually showed that he can defend the takedown pretty well. Think Usman was planning on takedowns then had to shift to the clinch game.
                  masvidal will probably take 2 money fights(colby/diaz/conor) while Usman fights burns and edwards and then rematch next year

Comment

I thought the card was really good. 3 great fight starting with rose. To volk/max.
                    I had max winning but it's not as much a robbery as some saying. 1,2 were clear max. 4,5clear volk. It all depend who you give 3 to. I think judges should weight take down defense as much as takedowns. If I guy can defend 2 takedowns and get taken down on the 3 but doesnt stay down or take much damage it's a wash IMO.

Masvidal/Usman was kind of what I expected. Mas actually showed that he can defend the takedown pretty well. Think Usman was planning on takedowns then had to shift to the clinch game.
                    masvidal will probably take 2 money fights(colby/diaz/conor) while Usman fights burns and edwards and then rematch next year
                    Holloway clearly won the first 2 rounds. Volkan clearly won the 4th and 5th round. It all depend who you give 3 to. I gave it to Volkan, he was the busier, more aggressive fighter.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I thought the event was pretty good overall. The prelims were much stronger than I anticipated and this Prochazka guy is an animal.

On the main card, Usman did what he needed to do. Masvidal has good takedown defense but he has a history of getting too comfortable against the cage and that was a factor in this fight. Hard to say how much the lack of camp played into it but Jorge had to work harder to get off the fence. Yan-Aldo was much better than I thought it would be but Aldo just gassed after the third round - before that, I thought he was clearly winning the fight. Rose will probably get another title shot and I actually think that will be a really good fight cause she is so solid tactically. Ribas did exactly what she needed to do with the quick finish and, as I said on Friday, she is the next big UFC women's star. She needs a legit top 10 opponent next and a few more wins but she is Shevchenko's successor but at 115.

The Volk-Holloway fight is the perfect example of why a 10-point must system doesn't work in MMA. When the fight ended, my buddy and I both said Volk is going to win this but he shouldn't. Holloway clearly won the first two round big and had knockdowns or near knockdowns in both. Volk barely won rounds three and four and the fifth was also close (on judge gave it to Max). To me, when one fighter has two huge rounds and the other three are razor thin then that fighter is the winner. The big brains need to sit down and come up with a new scoring system that takes into account the totality of the fight. Having said that, Holloway didn't do enough after that second round and lost all the momentum and energy, which is never good in a title fight. I'd like to see him move up to 155 cause there are lots of interesting fights for him there.
                      Last edited by slaw; Mon Jul 13, 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Just straight up one of the most genuine (seeming) guys I've ever seen. Would love to have a beer with this guy.

The fact Whittaker is only 29 should scare the middleweights. Dude can play the long road back to the title.

Whittaker beats Till by points.

Comment

• Anyone still talking about mma?

I got jan winning tn. Thought Reyes won the jones fight but hes acting like he is already the champ. Going to bite him in the ass.
                          Think izzy wins a close decision but I'm cheering for Costa

Comment

• Somehow people continue to underrate Adesanya. Guy was an elite kick-boxer who has like 100 pro fights. Costa was losing to Uriah Hall before Hall ran out of gas. You could see as soon as that first leg kick landed Costa was in huge trouble.

This will be the same story in Gaethje-Khabib. But UFC and the MMA media need ton hype these fights so people will buy them.

Comment

Somehow people continue to underrate Adesanya. Guy was an elite kick-boxer who has like 100 pro fights. Costa was losing to Uriah Hall before Hall ran out of gas. You could see as soon as that first leg kick landed Costa was in huge trouble.

This will be the same story in Gaethje-Khabib. But UFC and the MMA media need ton hype these fights so people will buy them.
                              Ya izzy has potential to be a goat. His shtick is really turning me off tho, he was way more likeable before but now he is trying to hard to have these forced soundbites and over celebrating.
                              going to be one of those guys people just want to see get knocked out but people will be waiting a long time

Comment

Ya izzy has potential to be a goat. His shtick is really turning me off tho, he was way more likeable before but now he is trying to hard to have these forced soundbites and over celebrating.
                                going to be one of those guys people just want to see get knocked out but people will be waiting a long time
                                I don't see any current MW contender as being a problem for him. A prime Chris Weidman would have given him some problems cause he'd be able to get inside no matter what but Weidman is washed and there isn't anyone else like that right now at 185. The only guy who has really had his number is Alex Pereira and he doesn't do MMA, as far as I know, and that was also 5 years ago(?). Whittaker would certainly fight him differently a second time around but he just isn't skilled enough.

Also, shout out to Mean Hakeem Dawodu! Guy trains at the same gym as my friend's son and he is apparently a really good guy as well as a beast in the ring. Wasn't the best first round ever but that win makes him a person of interest now at 145 and he should get a step up next time out.
                                Last edited by slaw; Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X