The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    it is nick diaz. connor is going to win. diaz won't bring it to the ground. he will try and brawl. it will be great if connor can stop him but nick is tough as shit.

i think connor wins this, probably tko and not like aldo
    But its happening at WELTERWEIGHT. Conor usually fights at 145 ... he'll be fighting Diaz at 170 ... thats 2 weight classes, which is basically unheard of... I think it'll be a good fight. Diaz called McGregor out hard after his last win, and had to be cut off, so you know he's amped for this fight, and not scared one iota.

I think Dos Anjos and Aldo were scared/flustered with Conor in their head .. I think Diaz is too stupid for anything to get in his head. Haha

Comment

• saw an interview with connor before the dos anjos pull out and he looked huge. he has to get to 168 to make weight right? there is two pounds leeway?

i think it will be an entertaining fight but diaz is all about those little rabbit punches. connor is going to laugh at those. i wish there was a way to mic them both up for the fight, it would be comedy gold.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        saw an interview with connor before the dos anjos pull out and he looked huge. he has to get to 168 to make weight right? there is two pounds leeway?

i think it will be an entertaining fight but diaz is all about those little rabbit punches. connor is going to laugh at those. i wish there was a way to mic them both up for the fight, it would be comedy gold.
        Ya I saw that as well, but apparently his normal walking around weight is 170lbs, so it probably won't be an issue for him. Really curious to see it, because I always think to myself how skinny he looks for his featherweight fights.

And what do you mean by Rabbit Punches? Because a rabbit punch to me is an illegal punch to the base of the skull, which I'm not sure Diaz does a lot, does he?

Either way, I still think Conor wins this, but I expect Diaz to at least put up a good fight.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Ya I saw that as well, but apparently his normal walking around weight is 170lbs, so it probably won't be an issue for him. Really curious to see it, because I always think to myself how skinny he looks for his featherweight fights.

And what do you mean by Rabbit Punches? Because a rabbit punch to me is an illegal punch to the base of the skull, which I'm not sure Diaz does a lot, does he?

Either way, I still think Conor wins this, but I expect Diaz to at least put up a good fight.
          i mean the constant barrage of no damage punches diaz throws. he is constantly throwing punches with little power behind them. i don't think he is a dirty fighter at all. if connor wins this he might call out lawler and skip dos anjos

Comment

• In all of this McGregor nonsense I somehow missed the announcement that Jon Bones Jones was coming back in April to beat the shit out of Cormier. This pleases me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              In all of this McGregor nonsense I somehow missed the announcement that Jon Bones Jones was coming back in April to beat the shit out of Cormier. This pleases me.
              i want cormier to win that. would love a cormier bones 3 fight. if jones wins that fight the division is done until he retires or moves up to heavy weight and who wants to be punched by valasquez/hunt and nelson for a living.

i think tate has a better chance against holm then rhonda but i think that holm is going to win this. the silva bisping fight was ok. silva is too cocky though. bisping didn't get a corner break between the 3rd 4th rounds. had to fight 10 minutes without any treatments and still won on the cards.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  So thats what an extra 25 lbs looks like on a guy thats 5'9".

I always thought he looked to skinny fighting at 145.

Comment

• if what the trainers are saying about keeping his speed from 145 at 170 because of no weight cut is true then conor is going to be tough at 145. i think this is the first fight he has not had the reach advantage, which could be interesting

Comment

• "His understanding of ring generalship and ring control is very amateur. I come out of the trap like a greyhound at 100 miles per hour and I don't stop" Conor on Diaz

Comment

• If McGregor loses the amount of hate he'll get would be insane but thats what happens when you're a cocky S.O.B
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• He's going to rip Nate Diaz in half, and I plan to watch

hahahahaha

Comment

• Miesha. She's fighting bit too cautious.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Miesha. She's fighting bit too cautious.
                              Oh my God!

Comment

• Ohhh Mcgregor is in trouble

Comment

Working...
                                X